• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Penguins vs Rangers Series Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where else would Fleury play but Calgary?
Assuming Fleury has an NTC of some sort so Edmonton's probably out, but just off the top I think the Leafs for sure would have interest. Carolina and AZ are both possibilities, and never rule out Vancouver's willingness to create a shitstorm in their crease.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being fair (because I held that opinion) Murray was pretty much wholly unproven at that point. Even now we're dealing with SSS, but Murray is mechanically sound and so calm in there as a 21 year that I'm sold.

You're forgetting something here...

12xop6.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not my favourite by any stretch but you say this as if there are a myriad of better goaltender options out there. There aren't.

I was going to post a funny gif, but got lazy. I think we also need to wait and see what is going to happen with this proposed expansion draft as there could be some pretty good goalies that become available for "free".

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on your excitement, but he's also unknown to most goalie coaches. There is no book on him yet. He looks poised, but he has a tendency to over-react IMO. His D covers him, but I've seen him flub.

Time will tell if he gets solved. A few years ago, Antti Niemi looked unbeatable.

I caught that early in his starts. His first few regular season starts he was pushing himself too far out, having to scramble back when the shot didn't come. I don't see that as much in his two postseason starts, but in the one he saw, you know, 17 shots. I think what I like most about him to this point is that he's very calm, unflappable in there, and it seems to have grown. He had a few games early on that he gave up 3 early, then shut it down. I think those two starts (it was CAR and BUF) were his shakiest, and he hasn't looked like that since. But you're very right, it's the unknown. I think the Rangers think blocker side is weak, based on the number of shots that way, but he's handled them. So far he's given up one, and his glove was a bit low, but it was also a breakaway snipe by a guy who can shoot the hell out of the puck. I shouldn't say I'm "sold" completely, but I like a lot of what I've seen just knowing he has room to grow.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post a funny gif, but got lazy. I think we also need to wait and see what is going to happen with this proposed expansion draft as there could be some pretty good goalies that become available for "free".
Obvious is Bishop. Don't know how highly TB views Vasilevskiy but if they're confident enough they may try to cash out on Bishop before he's UFA. Calgary would definitely be a potential landing spot.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a set back, it's not atypical. Now, I wouldn't expect him back for weeks, but I don't think it's career ending variety. They'll probably get him in to see Collins and do vestibular rehab stuff, similar to what they did with Sid.

Can we send Franzen to that doc? Thanks.
I don't even want to think about eating Datsyuk's contract on top of Franzen's if the magic man retires.

I know Franzen is not the norm. Not trying to imply anything there.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we send Franzen to that doc? Thanks.
I don't even want to think about eating Datsyuk's contract on top of Franzen's if the magic man retires.

I know Franzen is not the norm. Not trying to imply anything there.

There's actually a guy at UofM doing some similar stuff. The research is constantly evolving, and we're moving toward 'exercise is better than sitting in a dark room'. There's actually a Players Tribune article about a hockey player who was playing in Sweden going to the UofM guy, very interesting. A slight difference too, is generally speaking goalies aren't in as much risk as a position player who *will* be hit every night.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - You would get a different answer on a Ericsson cell phone.

/Does Ericsson still make cell phones?

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's actually a guy at UofM doing some similar stuff. The research is constantly evolving, and we're moving toward 'exercise is better than sitting in a dark room'. There's actually a Players Tribune article about a hockey player who was playing in Sweden going to the UofM guy, very interesting. A slight difference too, is generally speaking goalies aren't in as much risk as a position player who *will* be hit every night.

I hope the Big 10 never never has any interference with their CIC research funds (assuming you are talking about UofMichigan). That is such a great thing regarding medical research and is not wholly controlled by the people making the profit. 8 Billion dollars a year goes a long way when trying to make a difference in research.