• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins offseason thread

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad Bylsma is still there.....the question now is where is the next Pitt GM? I dont think there is one out there better than shero. I think Pitt's upper management pulled the trigger too early

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad Bylsma is still there.....the question now is where is the next Pitt GM? I dont think there is one out there better than shero. I think Pitt's upper management pulled the trigger too early

Someone had to pay for those bad contracts. Made sense for it to be Shero. He should've let Letang walk & never signed Scuderi.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had to pay for those bad contracts. Made sense for it to be Shero. He should've let Letang walk & never signed Scuderi.

you got me there....Scuderi I wouldnt have brought back and Letang is way too high but see now you cant pull the trigger if no one is out there who can do better

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got me there....Scuderi I wouldnt have brought back and Letang is way too high but see now you cant pull the trigger if no one is out there who can do better

We don't need a great GM right now, we just need a GM that could cut cap space without trading away Sid or Geno.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet shero is getting calls already and of course Goat and Trotz are not coming to Pitt.....forgot Muller, he isnt either. as far as coaches are concerned

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet shero is getting calls already and of course Goat and Trotz are not coming to Pitt.....forgot Muller, he isnt either

Stealth, if we fire Bylsma I want to hire John Hynes as his replacement. Not impressed by Trotz or the GOAT, they could go elsewhere.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sid can get Olcyk fired, and he doesnt okay Hyne then your pick isnt going to the show

Eddie Olczyk got fired because he couldn't win more than 23 games in a season. That was a no brainer. Had nothing to do with Sid.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Olczyk got fired because he couldn't win more than 23 games in a season. That was a no brainer. Had nothing to do with Sid.

Sid didnt like ED as well, Bylsma=postseason money. If the CEO is going to watch contracts that save money on a lucrative GM position they get money back with Bylsma going to the postseason and Sid likes him

And Pitt fans are not going to stand for not going to the postseason.....too much money coming in for that Franchise

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you see Bylsma has value for help bringing in money with Sid for a good number of years, of course sid has more value but Bylsma has a significance in the system as well. Hyne has a unproven financial track record at that postseason level.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay....I apologize for the ED slant, by not going to the postseason he didnt bring in postseason money for the Pitt CEO!

My bad, but I didnt hire him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you see Bylsma has value for help bringing in money with Sid for a good number of years, of course sid has more value but Bylsma has a significance in the system as well. Hyne has a unproven financial track record at that postseason level.

I'm sure Sid's input was considered but it's silly to act as if Sid decides if a coach stays or not. Although I felt (and still feel) that a coaching change is in order, I would still take Dan Bylsma over John Torrorella or Barry Trotz. I think that's what saved Disco's job at the end of the day. I still think that if the team doesn't respond next season, Disco is out & Hynes is in, but until then Dan's the man & I will accept that.

But for now, I am beginning to start paying attention to the upcoming draft, with Shero out we might finally draft a forward instead of a defenseman. I like Brendan Lemieux right now & I think he'll be available to us when we're up. Also Juho Lammikko. I like how Fins play the game.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobster's plan for next season:
-fire Bylsma
-hire Hynes
-trade away the big contracts except Sid & Geno
-call up the prospects
-have Sid & Geno fake injuries & sit out the season
-draft Connor McDavid

Rebuilding will be easy after that.
no way doobee! I want to see Drouin, Stamkos and Mcdavid in tampa! but we have too much talent to miss the playoffs and so do you guys.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way doobee! I want to see Drouin, Stamkos and Mcdavid in tampa! but we have too much talent to miss the playoffs and so do you guys.

Next year will be funny, you'll see half the league trying to suck as bad as possible. Maybe they should just clone Connor McDavid so that every team could have him. Cloner McDavid? :noidea: