• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patterson?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has started to sleep on Keenan Allen because he didn't run at the overrated combine. He might not be as explosive as the players mentioned, but he's a playmaker, a more explosive form of Crabtree. I think he'd fit well with what we do, especially without having to be traded up for. If he's there with our 2nd, 2nd round pick I hope we take a good look at him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone has started to sleep on Keenan Allen because he didn't run at the overrated combine. He might not be as explosive as the players mentioned, but he's a playmaker, a more explosive form of Crabtree. I think he'd fit well with what we do, especially without having to be traded up for. If he's there with our 2nd, 2nd round pick I hope we take a good look at him.

At 61? That would be something of a shock. He's fallen down boards a bit, but I rarely see him getting out of the first round, much less falling most of the way through the second. If he is there, no doubt we'd have to STRONGLY consider him. Heck, I think he bears consideration at 31 or 34, though I'd prefer to go away from WR there.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 61? That would be something of a shock. He's fallen down boards a bit, but I rarely see him getting out of the first round, much less falling most of the way through the second. If he is there, no doubt we'd have to STRONGLY consider him. Heck, I think he bears consideration at 31 or 34, though I'd prefer to go away from WR there.

I thought it would be a shock if he fell that far too, it's just that I don't hear anyone talking about him. It seems that he could fall to after our pick at #34, I just want them to go defense with the first couple of picks, then possibly make a move with that 61st.

I really like Allen and think he'd be a perfect fit. Could you imagine him in the slot, with Boldin and Crabtree split out?

Ultimate Keenan Allen Highlights - YouTube

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen wasn't the same player on the field this year, throw in the bum knee/workout numbers and you have a slide down the first round. If he was at where he was a few years back he'd be a lock top 20 pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Allen wasn't the same player on the field this year, throw in the bum knee/workout numbers and you have a slide down the first round. If he was at where he was a few years back he'd be a lock top 20 pick.

That's a good point about his knee. I've been a huge Allen fan, but even I noticed he wasn't the same in 2012 as he was just 1 year prior.

I'd be interested to hear the prognosis on the injury.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had some pretty bad qb play. His numbers weren't too far off his pace of the season before. He averaged 12 yds a catch, the season before he averaged 13, while being the main focus.

Allen in the 2nd or Dobson in the 3rd, another one to watch for me is Markus Wheaton in the late 3rd/early 4th, also Ace Sanders in the late 4th/early 5th.

No wrs with our first two picks please.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point about his knee. I've been a huge Allen fan, but even I noticed he wasn't the same in 2012 as he was just 1 year prior.

I'd be interested to hear the prognosis on the injury

It was a pcl tear that was thought to take about 3 weeks to heal. Its become a lingering issue through combine preparation, as well as pro day preparation.

He just needs rest, he'll be back to beast mode come training camp, include him finally having an NFL caliber qb to get him the ball with a chance to make plays, we need him, especially with the chip on his shoulder after being considered the top wr for most of the season, then to drop to the 2nd round.

:2cents:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pcl tear that was thought to take about 3 weeks to heal. Its become a lingering issue through combine preparation, as well as pro day preparation.

He just needs rest, he'll be back to beast mode come training camp, include him finally having an NFL caliber qb to get him the ball with a chance to make plays, we need him, especially with the chip on his shoulder after being considered the top wr for most of the season, then to drop to the 2nd round.

:2cents:

I'm a Cal fan/former estudiante and although I like Allen, I wouldn't be losing sleep if we didn't pick him to be quite frank. He's shifty more than he is fast, but what I do like about him is that he has size (6'3") and that he has pretty solid hands - these traits allow him to catch the ball in crowded areas and during passing plays such as slants and in routes.

He is is good receiver who I expect to go in the first round or possibly early 2nd. However, the Niners really need a WR who can stretch the field vertically moreso than horizontally. I don't believe Keenan is that guy.

On the flipside, and somewhat off topic, I'm loving the Asomugha signing. One of my buddies is a die hard Saints fan (although he originally hails from So Cal) and was hoping Nnamdi would join his team.

Nnamdi Asomugha should bounce back on San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is is good receiver who I expect to go in the first round or possibly early 2nd. However, the Niners really need a WR who can stretch the field vertically moreso than horizontally. I don't believe Keenan is that guy.

Agreed. Allen is more of a Crabtree kind of receiver who usually either runs a slant, a short out, a short post or a comeback route. I still think he's a great WR, but I'd rather have a guy who's going to keep the safety deep.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez this guy sounds like me before I started worrying about his smarts...

Former Tennessee recruiting coordinator Darin Hinshaw touted Cordarrelle Patterson as a superior pro prospect to fellow former Vols wide receivers Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers.
Hinshaw, now Cincinnati's QBs coach, recruited all three players. "He’s the best I’ve ever seen with the ball in his hands," Hinshaw said of Patterson. "He can make people miss, explode and get vertical. He made numerous people in the SEC look stupid who will be playing in the NFL, and I believe he’ll do the same at the next level. He’s not a one-year wonder. He’s a 15-year wonder in the NFL."
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal Apr 7 - 1:54 PM
2013 NFL Draft: Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson could be NFL?s next ?freak? - Top Stories - Ohio

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I’ve talked to a large amount of NFL teams. I told them, ‘He’s a guy you’re going to have to teach and be patient with. Not because he’s stupid by any means, the guy’s as smart as can be,’ ” Hinshaw said. “His issue is every single play, ‘What’s the scheme? What’s my responsibility? Am I hot? Am I not hot? Oh, yeah, now I’ve got to beat this guy in my route. Or if it goes to Cover 2 I’ve got to run a little different route. Cover 3, I’ve got to run a different route.’ Those are things that he will get [much] better at when he’s doing it all the time, when he doesn’t have to worry about school.”

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinshaw said he was smart but needs a tutor to learn the offense. Interesting.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I personally think he is going top ten to Buffalo..its what Buddy Nix has been looking for oppo Stevie for 3 yrs..

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
“I’ve talked to a large amount of NFL teams. I told them, ‘He’s a guy you’re going to have to teach and be patient with. Not because he’s stupid by any means, the guy’s as smart as can be,’ ” Hinshaw said. “His issue is every single play, ‘What’s the scheme? What’s my responsibility? Am I hot? Am I not hot? Oh, yeah, now I’ve got to beat this guy in my route. Or if it goes to Cover 2 I’ve got to run a little different route. Cover 3, I’ve got to run a different route.’ Those are things that he will get [much] better at when he’s doing it all the time, when he doesn’t have to worry about school.”

This reads like Urban Meyer talking about Alex Smith.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reads like Urban Meyer talking about Alex Smith.

In a way it does...but this one is different. This report basically debunks everything that has been said about CP previously in terms of negativity. Urban basically said that Alex would be dogshit until he fully understood the offense then he would flourish. Nobody questioned Alex's melon and whether or not he was smart enough to grasp an NFL offense.

What this guy is saying is, Hey the kid is not only NOT stupider then a sack of nickels but quite the opposite. He is SMART. That is something that contradicts EVERYTHING else written about him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So he's smart as can be, he's just going to struggle with the things WRs have to do every play? Okay....

Obviously not saying we should rule Patterson out in the unlikely event he falls to us, but this sounds a lot like someone who is either not very smart or not very dedicated. There have been plenty of guys in that mold who have done well in the NFL, but people keep dismissing it as nothing to worry about. I don't really see it that way.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Volunteers

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson visited the Rams last week.

Patterson could make a lot of sense for the Rams in the first-round. They are certainly showing interest in a variety of pass catchers, but none have the raw, playmaking talent of Patterson. He created separation without refined routes, and had a high catch rate despite consistently body catching.
Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Apr 6 - 8:24 PM

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
interesting article on ESPN insider had this to say about Patterson...

FACING QUESTIONS:

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson (88): Even a casual football fan can see that Patterson has elite physical tools and the ability to make big plays with the ball in his hands, which has him in the first-round mix at this point. However, the more NFL personnel I talk to the more I hear worries about the steep learning curve he will face at the next level. He played just one year at the FBS level and has a lot to learn in terms of route-running, got mixed reviews on his interviews at the combine and there are concerns about his ability to quickly absorb an NFL playbook.

Patterson (6-1⅞, 216) is more of a playmaker in space than college teammate Justin Hunter, but Hunter is more savvy and loose as a route-runner, and is much more natural tracking the ball and going up to win one-on-one matchups downfield. Both Hunter and Patterson have had some drops (and there are concerns about Hunter's toughness), but Hunter has more overall traits that translate to the next level and more potential there. Patterson is likely to come off the board first, but I agree with those who feel Hunter is better equipped to succeed at the next level.

2013 NFL draft - CB D.J. Hayden leads a group of late-rising prospects - ESPN

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
interesting article on ESPN insider had this to say about Patterson...

FACING QUESTIONS:

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson (88): Even a casual football fan can see that Patterson has elite physical tools and the ability to make big plays with the ball in his hands, which has him in the first-round mix at this point. However, the more NFL personnel I talk to the more I hear worries about the steep learning curve he will face at the next level. He played just one year at the FBS level and has a lot to learn in terms of route-running, got mixed reviews on his interviews at the combine and there are concerns about his ability to quickly absorb an NFL playbook.

Patterson (6-1⅞, 216) is more of a playmaker in space than college teammate Justin Hunter, but Hunter is more savvy and loose as a route-runner, and is much more natural tracking the ball and going up to win one-on-one matchups downfield. Both Hunter and Patterson have had some drops (and there are concerns about Hunter's toughness), but Hunter has more overall traits that translate to the next level and more potential there. Patterson is likely to come off the board first, but I agree with those who feel Hunter is better equipped to succeed at the next level.

2013 NFL draft - CB D.J. Hayden leads a group of late-rising prospects - ESPN

Patterson >> Hunter

No ands ifs or buts about it!