• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patterson?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the belief that we scrap chasing Nmandi, cut Whitner, throw every cent of available cap money towards Elvis on a 1-2 year deal and draft Whitner's replacement in the draft. I have said it before, a great pass rush is the best cologne for a secondary. Rotating Elvis, Brooks, and Alden in passing situations will keep them all fresh and keep our pass rush constant.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IDIOT...... jk.. I think it is important enough to be in every thread.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Hunter was a better college receiver than Patterson (playing just 1 year of D1) but Austin was a better recevier in college. As far as NFL prospects go, Austin and Patterson are miles ahead of Hunter. Hunter isn't near the game breaker than either of these guys are, they are incredibly explosive and amazing with the ball in space.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that in 5 years we will be saying that Justin Hunter was the best receiver in this draft.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Hunter was a better college receiver than Patterson (playing just 1 year of D1) but Austin was a better recevier in college. As far as NFL prospects go, Austin and Patterson are miles ahead of Hunter. Hunter isn't near the game breaker than either of these guys are, they are incredibly explosive and amazing with the ball in space.

Like with all prospects, time will tell.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amongst WR's at the combine, Hunter finished #10 40yd dash, tied for #4 vertical, and #1 in the broad jump. Put those measurables with his production...I 'd be very happy to land him.

On a side note, Da'Rick posted great numbers, too. He'd be a nice mid round pick-up if we focus on D early.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amongst WR's at the combine, Hunter finished #10 40yd dash, tied for #4 vertical, and #1 in the broad jump. Put those measurables with his production...I 'd be very happy to land him.

On a side note, Da'Rick posted great numbers, too. He'd be a nice mid round pick-up if we focus on D early.

I'd much rather have this receiver here than Justin Hunter. And we can get this guy much later in the draft:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather have this receiver here than Justin Hunter. And we can get this guy much later in the draft:

Kid looks a little like Crabtree with the exception that the kid has some damn good body control/ball skills

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Justin Hunter was a better college receiver than Patterson (playing just 1 year of D1) but Austin was a better recevier in college. As far as NFL prospects go, Austin and Patterson are miles ahead of Hunter. Hunter isn't near the game breaker than either of these guys are---

Couldn't disagree more.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kid looks a little like Crabtree with the exception that the kid has some damn good body control/ball skills

Bem, trust me, dude is an amazing player. Pretty good size and put up very good numbers at the combine as well. I believe he had the 2nd best shuttle time or 3-code drill at Indy - that means that his burst, quickness, and agility is exceptional for a guy his size. He'd be a steal in the 3rd round, so imagine drafting him later?! In terms of value, that would be huggeee!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most people are agreeing with Dub than you sick with regard to assessing these two particular players.

Couldn't disagree more.

Tavon Austin - WR - Mountaineers

NFL Films' Greg Cosell questioned why West Virginia WR Tavon Austin isn't considered a top 10 selection.

"Most explosive playmaker in draft," Cosell tweeted. "Can align anywhere. Matchup nightmare. Could be caught in transition phase in NFL. More of space game now. More multiple uses for players like Austin. Like Cobb in GB last season." Cosell added that Austin isn't just a slot receiver, "he is more than that."
Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter

Mar 20 - 11:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Volunteers

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson does not show the same explosion in his route running as he does with the ball in his hands.

Patterson "needs a lot of refinement running routes," Cosell tweeted. "Needs (a) quality WR coach." We've said the same about Patterson, but somehow he consistently created separation at the FBS level in 2012. Team will have to project his route tree, however.
Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter

Mar 20 - 11:08 AM

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bem, trust me, dude is an amazing player. Pretty good size and put up very good numbers at the combine as well. I believe he had the 2nd best shuttle time or 3-code drill at Indy - that means that his burst, quickness, and agility is exceptional for a guy his size. He'd be a steal in the 3rd round, so imagine drafting him later?! In terms of value, that would be huggeee!!

If he could come to the NFL and play at the level of his reel - he could displace Crabtree right now! IMO.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take any of the five: Hunter, Patterson, Austin, DaRick, Hopkins.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take any of those five too, the million dollar question is, which round?

Depends on what defenders make it to 31 and 34. We have the luxury of waiting and snagging DaRick later.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NFL Network's Mike Mayock believes Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson is a top 10 talent, but admits he likely won't be selected there.

Mayock made sure to note that Rams GM Les Snead was in attendance at Tennessee's pro day. Patterson is an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands and generated separation despite poor routes. Along with refinement, Patterson would be smart to catch fewer passes with his body.
Source: Andy Fenelon on Twitter

Mar 20 - 6:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein "can't shake the feeling that we could be looking at the next Troy Williamson" when watching Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson.

"Patterson has the size and speed that teams salivate over," Zierlein writes. "I absolutely love his big play ability, but he's still raw. Hard to overlook his high-end traits though." Zierlein lists Patterson as his top receiver and a first-round pick.
Source: The Sideline View

Mar 21 - 11:44 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zierlien is on crack. Troy Williamson?
Two completely different kind of players. Just awful. Williamson was strictly a deep threat burner. Patterson is powerful, elusive, and explosive via the backfield or return game. He has possession WR ability and deep threat ability. Patterson had more rushes and returns in one season of college ball than Williams' 3.