• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patterson?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MoveTheSticks: RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Volunteers

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein cited an NFL source who told him Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson might fall out of the first-round.

Zierlein added that Patterson has done very poorly in interviews. The same doubts have been reported numerous times. Patterson only spent one year at the FBS level and reportedly struggled in the classroom, but his natural running ability needs to be taken advantage of, if only on quick patterns or simple packages.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Apr 10 - 2:28 PM

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@MoveTheSticks: RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

Is this because of his presumed inability to learn an nfl playbook?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TennesseeBeat: Cordarrelle Patterson will be in NYC for NFL Draft, league officially confirms. Only Vol this year; first since Eric Berry in 2009.

So we will get to see him put on the 49ers jersey and take a photo with the sheriff.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think any receiver in this draft class is in the AJ Green/Julio Jones category.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordarrelle Patterson selected to appear in New York City for NFL Draft » GoVolsXtra

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Patterson's stock is falling because of rumours that he lured children into his gingerbread house. I don't think it's true though:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gil Brandt's 8th overall prospect and more talk of coaching:

8) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (17)
Patterson, who has just one year of major college experience under his belt, is a high-risk, high-reward prospect. His old coach at Tennessee, current Dallas Cowboys receivers coach Derek Dooley, told me that Patterson can be a head coach's delight -- though whoever becomes his offensive coordinator will have to coach him to bring his talent out.
Hot 100: Luke Joeckel, Ezekiel Ansah top tough-to-call draft class - NFL.com

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Former Tennessee HC Derek Dooley believes Cordarrelle Patterson "can be a head coach's delight."

We can't discern whether this quote is from Dooley, but Brandt added "though whoever becomes his offensive coordinator will have to coach him to bring his talent out." Much has been made about Patterson's lack of route prowess and even reports of questionable success on the white board, but Patterson is strong on slants, drags, screens, and can run vertical patterns with ease.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 12 - 10:41 AM

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gil Brandt's 8th overall prospect and more talk of coaching:

8) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (17)
Patterson, who has just one year of major college experience under his belt, is a high-risk, high-reward prospect. His old coach at Tennessee, current Dallas Cowboys receivers coach Derek Dooley, told me that Patterson can be a head coach's delight -- though whoever becomes his offensive coordinator will have to coach him to bring his talent out.
Hot 100: Luke Joeckel, Ezekiel Ansah top tough-to-call draft class - NFL.com

Brandt is losing it: Datone Jones at 92, Jesse Williams at 66...these guys aren't 3rd round propects. He also has Cyprien, Elam and Justin Hunter all in the 50s, Tyler Eifert is his 12th best propect, 3 Qbs in top 27...just some of what jumped out at me

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandt is losing it: Datone Jones at 92, Jesse Williams at 66...these guys aren't 3rd round propects. He also has Cyprien, Elam and Justin Hunter all in the 50s, Tyler Eifert is his 12th best propect, 3 Qbs in top 27...just some of what jumped out at me

Yeah alright!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

SI's Peter King thinks "the Rams, and many other mid-round teams, worry about the long-term viability," of Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson.

One NFL personnel man said Patterson is a "Randy Moss type... That can be good, but obviously not all good." Patterson is lethal with the ball in his hands, but many are unsure if getting to that point is easier said than done. The former JUCO product can dominate on slants, screens, and crossing patterns, but separating downfield on routes is not his best trait.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Apr 15 - 1:39 PM

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This was later in the King article...

Now for the Super Bowl participants. San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh has been at a high number of receiver workouts, I'm told. "This isn't about 2013 for the Niners,'' one GM told me. "Harbaugh knows he'll be there for a while. They just lost Randy Moss, and Anquan Boldin is there for a year, and they don't know about [2012 first-round pick] A.J. Jenkins [out of Illinois]. Receiver's very logical for them there.'' Harbaugh is one who wouldn't be scared of Patterson. I like that match ...

Read More: 2013 NFL draft's first round is hard to predict - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was later in the King article...

Now for the Super Bowl participants. San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh has been at a high number of receiver workouts, I'm told. "This isn't about 2013 for the Niners,'' one GM told me. "Harbaugh knows he'll be there for a while. They just lost Randy Moss, and Anquan Boldin is there for a year, and they don't know about [2012 first-round pick] A.J. Jenkins [out of Illinois]. Receiver's very logical for them there.'' Harbaugh is one who wouldn't be scared of Patterson. I like that match ...

Read More: 2013 NFL draft's first round is hard to predict - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Cordy Patterson will be a SF 49er on April 25th and become a star in the NFL book it!!

Sport Science Testing - Cordarrelle Patterson...

Sport Science: Cordarrelle Patterson - YouTube

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Patterson, but I'm a bit nervous about him after the AJ Jenkins pick. Both seem to have a problem learning the game.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins is a little guy that was very weak and couldnt get off press coverage in camp, Patterson is not small and getting off press cov is not a problem for him, totally 2 diff players

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Patterson won't make it out of the top 10.