• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats fans must have a short memory

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore Ravens' Justin Tucker addresses 'Tucker Rule' - ESPN

ORLANDO, Fla. -- NFL team owners voted to increase the uprights from 30 feet tall to 35 feet tall, which should help referees better determine whether a kick is good.

This really should be called the "Tucker Rule" because the proposal was made by the New England Patriots. It dates back to the Baltimore Ravens' 31-30 victory over the Patriots on Sept. 23, 2012, when kicker Justin Tucker's 27-yard game-winning field goal went over the right goal post.

Immediately after the kick, Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork berated officials and coach Bill Belichick placed his hand on another official to dispute whether the kick was good.

Click right here to see the kick if you want to see what the controversy is all about.

Tucker addressed the kick, which was the first game winner of his career, on Twitter on Wednesday:

"FWIW the only guys who know exactly where that GWFG went vs NE are Sam Koch and myself. Not my best kick but still inside by about a foot."

Belichick complained to the refs AND whined to the league to change something that screwed them over? This can't be. I only thought the Ravens and Harbaugh whined and complained about stuff when they lose.

I guess Pats fans should take the substitution thing as a compliment, they were only imitating the great and powerful Hoodie :heh:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I donthave any beef with pats fans but figure id add bill also bitched about having to fly west back to back weeks and then that rule was changed....i know pats fans like to say the nfl is out to get them but bb and kraft get as much as they give.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I donthave any beef with pats fans but figure id add bill also bitched about having to fly west back to back weeks and then that rule was changed....i know pats fans like to say the nfl is out to get them but bb and kraft get as much as they give.
I dislike the persecution complex some seem to have, but that's just me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the hate let's not forget the owners vote on the majority of the changes.

Reactions: BUD

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preeeeeaaaaaach.

That rule is such bullshit.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When was this? He usually keeps his team on the West coast when this situation arises. He flew the team direct from from Green Bay and practiced/stayed in San Diego last season. And I believe the last back to back West Coast trip he had out here, he also kept the team out west.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was this? He usually keeps his team on the West coast when this situation arises. He flew the team direct from from Green Bay and practiced/stayed in San Diego last season. And I believe the last back to back West Coast trip he had out here, he also kept the team out west.

In '09 or '10 the NFL instituted a rule that east coast teams can only travel to the west coast twice in one regular season, and not on consecutive weeks. There is no such protection for west coast teams, however.

IIRC this change was sponsored by the Pats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short memory? Yes. WTF are you talking about? Are Ravens the good guys? Sure.....

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady was the main man behind let me play with my balls .

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore Ravens' Justin Tucker addresses 'Tucker Rule' - ESPN

Belichick complained to the refs AND whined to the league to change something that screwed them over? This can't be. I only thought the Ravens and Harbaugh whined and complained about stuff when they lose.

I guess Pats fans should take the substitution thing as a compliment, they were only imitating the great and powerful Hoodie :heh:

It actually goes back further than that to the Denver/Patriots playoff game where Benjamin Watson ran the length of the field to knock the ball out of Champ Bailey's hands after a fumble.

Belichick thought it should have been a safety

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually goes back further than that to the Denver/Patriots playoff game where Benjamin Watson ran the length of the field to knock the ball out of Champ Bailey's hands after a fumble.

I was sitting in my recroom watching that game. 2 plays before the Int, the phone rings and it's my out of town brother. He's at a friends house and trying to hook their new TV up to the stereo.

I told him I can't talk, I'm watching football and he should be too. But he kept jabbering and before I know it I'm looking up at Bailey running down the sidelines and I'm thinking what the fuck just happened here? I didn't have a PVR yet so I was at the mercy of the network replays. Fuck was I pissed at my brother.

And for the record I think it was a safety too.

And what a play by ICBM Watson.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was sitting in my recroom watching that game. 2 plays before the Int, the phone rings and it's my out of town brother. He's at a friends house and trying to hook their new TV up to the stereo.

I told him I can't talk, I'm watching football and he should be too. But he kept jabbering and before I know it I'm looking up at Bailey running down the sidelines and I'm thinking what the fuck just happened here? I didn't have a PVR yet so I was at the mercy of the network replays. Fuck was I pissed at my brother.

And for the record I think it was a safety too.

And what a play by ICBM Watson.

Ok "after an interception." Yeah too bad that was Watson's signature play while with the Patriots. An "ok" tight end but not much more.

Bill has a football encyclopedia for a brain. He doesn't forget.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok "after an interception." Yeah too bad that was Watson's signature play while with the Patriots. An "ok" tight end but not much more.

Bill has a football encyclopedia for a brain. He doesn't forget.

:pound:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, I remember Jim Plunkett getting drafted and I remember him tossing bombs to Randy Vataha. I remember John Hannah and Leon Gray leading the best rushing attack in NFL history. I remember one of the toughest SOB's to play QB for NE, a guy out of Kansas St. named Steve Grogan. I remember Sam Cunningham, Stanley Morgan, Darrel Stingley, Mosi Tatupu, Steve Nelson, Dr. Bill Lenkitis and Raymond Clayborn and most of the rest of the starters on the 78' squad.

I remember Hugh Millen, Doug Flukie, Scott Zolak, Tony Eason and a few other cruddy QB's they've had over the years.

Basically, my memory is pretty damn good and pretty long as well. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when Baltimore had a reputable NFL franchise.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that it wasn't the legal actions of an opposing team that was being challenged.

SWING AND A MISS!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great play by Watson. Love the effort.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that it wasn't the legal actions of an opposing team that was being challenged.

SWING AND A MISS!

No, I'm talking about the head coach complaining to the refs then whining to the league to fix it (which the Ravens didn't even do), like what you all are bitching about now with the Ravens.