• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats fans must have a short memory

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video I posted clearly shows that at no point was that ball between the uprights. I recall some bird fans arguing that the video quality wasn't good Lol. The Ray Rice-aroni knock out wasn't exactly HD but the result was pretty clear.

Nope, it was clearly a missed FG.

SWING AND A MISS Strike Three....you're OUT!

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altering the uprights is different than whining about the play calling of an opponent.

SWING AND A MISS...STRIKE TWO.

Who cares WHAT was being complained. Belichick bitched at the refs (which he got fined for) for losing a game. THEN went to the league to get something changed that screwed them over.

The Ravens or Harbaugh didn't get fined or go to the league to bitch about the formation stuff to the league like the Pats did. Yet they're the ones 'whining'.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't the uprights taller? Why not eliminate a situation where there's risk of a bad call just like that game changing FG? Some things have to remain subjective but the uprights are not one of them. The difference is that the ball simply didn't go through the uprights.

He didn't complain about the Ravens using a legal but obscure manner to block the kick. That would have been an apt analogy.

....and another SWING AND A MISS. The count is 1-0 on the second batter. Let's keep going because we'll eventually be able to retire the side.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Internet I get at work absolutely sucks. I won't use it for SportsHoopla, I'd rather use my phone. Besides they do a audit of everyone's history from time to time, so it won't be a good idea anyway.

I don't have a phone. And they block stuff they don't want you doing.

So I figure as long as I don't spend alll day here I'm OK.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another SWING AND A MISS. The count is 1-0 on the second batter

you should find another sport for your put downs...baseball ain't working so well

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have two more strikes and then one batter left!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore Ravens' Justin Tucker addresses 'Tucker Rule' - ESPN

Belichick complained to the refs AND whined to the league to change something that screwed them over? This can't be. I only thought the Ravens and Harbaugh whined and complained about stuff when they lose.

I guess Pats fans should take the substitution thing as a compliment, they were only imitating the great and powerful Hoodie :heh:
this is why bill has 4 rings and climbing.

he picks his battles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't the uprights taller? Why not eliminate a situation where there's risk of a bad call just like that game changing FG? Some things have to remain subjective but the uprights are not one of them. The difference is that the ball simply didn't go through the uprights.

He didn't complain about the Ravens using a legal but obscure manner to block the kick. That would have been an apt analogy.

....and another SWING AND A MISS. The count is 1-0 on the second batter. Let's keep going because we'll eventually be able to retire the side.

LOL...I guess you go fishing during baseball season...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How tall do they need to be then? Because each year it seems like the NFL gets bigger and bigger legs into the league. Are we talking 50 feet tall? 100 feet tall? There are always going to be things that nobody cares about until it actually affects their team. Such as I bet you never thought about field goal height before that game and how it is too low. And I'm sure now that they have raised it you will feel good about it until maybe somebody kicks it over the top of the height it is at now and begin to once again demand for it to be higher. There are just always going to be subjective things in the NFL that decides games. It won't happen very often but the Patriots getting the bars raised what 5 feet in the long run is not a huge deal but they definitely made a huge stink about it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How tall do they need to be then? Because each year it seems like the NFL gets bigger and bigger legs into the league. Are we talking 50 feet tall? 100 feet tall? There are always going to be things that nobody cares about until it actually affects their team. Such as I bet you never thought about field goal height before that game and how it is too low. And I'm sure now that they have raised it you will feel good about it until maybe somebody kicks it over the top of the height it is at now and begin to once again demand for it to be higher. There are just always going to be subjective things in the NFL that decides games. It won't happen very often but the Patriots getting the bars raised what 5 feet in the long run is not a huge deal but they definitely made a huge stink about it.

Don't know how tall, but taller would be a good start, no? Why even have it as a possible issue when it is so easy to fix...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I guess you go fishing during baseball season...

einstein-duh.bmp

Oops!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how tall, but taller would be a good start, no? Why even have it as a possible issue when it is so easy to fix...

It could eliminate some yes but with the legs coming into the NFL right now some of them are booming it 15-20 feet taller on some field goals above the goal posts. At that point they are going to have to think about reingineering the goal posts as that height with that much medal in a strong wind actually becomes a bit of a safety issue.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop it. They can make them as tall as necessary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could eliminate some yes but with the legs coming into the NFL right now some of them are booming it 15-20 feet taller on some field goals above the goal posts. At that point they are going to have to think about reingineering the goal posts as that height with that much medal in a strong wind actually becomes a bit of a safety issue.

OK, let' just do it? I'm confident that in this day and age the NFL could find somone to do it by the time this thread ends...Heck, I think my 9 year old could do it on Minecraft...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let' just do it? I'm confident that in this day and age the NFL could find somone to do it by the time this thread ends...Heck, I think my 9 year old could do it on Minecraft...

The issue here is money and safety. Raising the goal posts in every stadium eventually means having to replace the whole thing. I know not a huge expense compared to the billions they bring in every year but to me when this is an issue maybe once a year why waste the money on goal posts? There are thousands of other things that matter more just in the sport of football alone that the money could go to. I mean we are talking about one game years ago that this happened in. Can you name one game this last year that this was an issue? I know there were some that were close but I can't remember any of them being this huge deal like what BB made this one to be.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a thought. Let's have Ted Wells do some research on the need for taller uprights and how high they should go. Maybe we'll have that report by the end of the next decade.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have the technology to project yellow lines (for line of scrimmage and first downs) on the television broadcast that are not visible to the players or fans at the games. Why can't they project similar vertical lines from the tops of the goal posts and let the officials use that video to judge any disputed kicks?

Any questionable kick that touches the line or is clearly "in" is good, everything else is not.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue here is money and safety. Raising the goal posts in every stadium eventually means having to replace the whole thing. I know not a huge expense compared to the billions they bring in every year but to me when this is an issue maybe once a year why waste the money on goal posts? There are thousands of other things that matter more just in the sport of football alone that the money could go to. I mean we are talking about one game years ago that this happened in. Can you name one game this last year that this was an issue? I know there were some that were close but I can't remember any of them being this huge deal like what BB made this one to be.

The point is it's an EASY Fix. Money being a issue is kind of BS when all is taken into account. One set per NFL Stadium??? How is safety an issue? We don't have material that can stand as tall as a goal post perhaps should be without falling down? Come on, that's crazy. Yeah, a couple more people will have a limited view seat; other than that just do it...or don't do it I don't care, but it isn't the kind of thing worth discussing ad naseum at the NFL level. No impact on the game, not a huge cost, no real down side...if it's better do it. If it's not, that's OK too...