• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Patriots vs Cowboys 11/24/19

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friggin Mathew Slater.

ALWAYS the first one to the ball....amazing.

Yeah, like everyone said, a win is a win and thank you D.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win - but there was a lot of improvement in this game that was not obvious because of the weather conditions.

#1 defense beat #1 offense. I'll take it.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt they were both tripping calls? You can see the linemen intentionally extend his leg, ticky tack maybe but the intent was there, they knew they were beat.

The first one atleast imo the lineman was getting pushed back and he was turning his leg and (I can't remember who the Pat's defender was) motion lifted the leg up. Questionable calls since you never hear it called.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one atleast imo the lineman was getting pushed back and he was turning his leg and (I can't remember who the Pat's defender was) motion lifted the leg up. Questionable calls since you never hear it called.

Well I guess it's a judgement call. Normally when an O Line men is bull rushed to the point where they are knocked off balance there is a hop on the leg not lifted. I did not see that which makes me think they raised the legs on purpose. Either way one or two questionable calls are not what decided this game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's a judgement call. Normally when an O Line men is bull rushed to the point where they are knocked off balance there is a hop on the leg not lifted. I did not see that which makes me think they raised the legs on purpose. Either way one or two questionable calls are not what decided this game.

Yeah, judgement call for sure. I just didn't really see the leg go "up" that much. 2 calls didn't help but the Cowboys offense couldn't do much of anything. Not sure why Elliot (fortunately) wasn't used more

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, judgement call for sure. I just didn't really see the leg go "up" that much. 2 calls didn't help but the Cowboys offense couldn't do much of anything. Not sure why Elliot (fortunately) wasn't used more
Players like to use "gray areas" to their advantage. Refs said in each case "you used your leg to block and it caused a player to fall".We saw a leg move into a lower base position. Refs didn't buy it. We saw incidental, they saw intentional.

This happened twice and each time the movement was similar. The refs may have already been looking for it and emphasizing it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t ever remember in 20 years seeing a clusterfuck of clock management like that.
I timed it, snap to ball hitting the ground was 5.49 seconds. That was perfect clock management and something so precise should be review-able on final plays any period. Heck add a tenth of a second on each end for human reaction time, but a half second?

Brady thought the clock stopped before the ball hit out of bounds. It actually started late. I'm sure it happens all game long, but doesn't potentially change an outcome unless there is no time left and an additional play is awarded.

I'm glad Brady was bothered by it. It shows he's focused on execution and not just the outcome. He felt he executed correctly, yet the result was failure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I timed it, snap to ball hitting the ground was 5.49 seconds. That was perfect clock management and something so precise should be review-able on final plays any period. Heck add a tenth of a second on each end for human reaction time, but a half second?

Brady thought the clock stopped before the ball hit out of bounds. It actually started late. I'm sure it happens all game long, but doesn't potentially change an outcome unless there is no time left and an additional play is awarded.

I'm glad Brady was bothered by it. It shows he's focused on execution and not just the outcome. He felt he executed correctly, yet the result was failure.
It sure looked to me like the clock stopped early. The league runs the clock not the home team so maybe the guy just misunderstood, he seemed to stop it when it was out of bounds and not when it hit the ground.

Reviewable, sorry can't agree with that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hightower went down both times. He threw himself down on the second one. Excellent reaction.

Ref saw him going down and the OL bringing his leg around. 1+1=2 in this case 1-1= -10

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sure looked to me like the clock stopped early. The league runs the clock not the home team so maybe the guy just misunderstood, he seemed to stop it when it was out of bounds and not when it hit the ground.

Reviewable, sorry can't agree with that.
Actually, it may have been both. I know Brady took the snap and took three steps back before it clicked down to 4.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hightower went down both times. He threw himself down on the second one. Excellent reaction.

Ref saw him going down and the OL bringing his leg around. 1+1=2 in this case 1-1= -10

True we fans have the benefit of slow mo. Great sell job by Hightower.

I could see possibly holding being called but not tripping

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good point. O Linemen today are snapping their heads back each time a hand goes near their face, trying to draw the hands to the face call. No reason why D-Linemen shouldn't embellish if they think they can draw a penalty.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point. O Linemen today are snapping their heads back each time a hand goes near their face, trying to draw the hands to the face call. No reason why D-Linemen shouldn't embellish if they think they can draw a penalty.
The real question here is this: Were the refs justified calling those tripping penalties.

Personally, I don't think they were perfect calls, but not egregious either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question here is this: Were the refs justified calling those tripping penalties.

Personally, I don't think they were perfect calls, but not egregious either.
Yes of course they were. You are taking the " You don't make that call in playoff's approach" which is total BS. If it's a penalty call it, if looks like a penalty call it, if it's not or doesn't then don't.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The soldier touched the ball with 1 second left on the clock... if he hadn't the time would have expired. Brady doesn't have a leg to stand on imo

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The soldier touched the ball with 1 second left on the clock... if he hadn't the time would have expired. Brady doesn't have a leg to stand on imo
To me it looked as if they stopped the clock prior to the Marine touching the ball. It looked to me they stopped it when the ball crossed the sideline. I think that's the complaint. Did he stop it because he thought it was out of bounds.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it looked as if they stopped the clock prior to the Marine touching the ball. It looked to me they stopped it when the ball crossed the sideline. I think that's the complaint. Did he stop it because he thought it was out of bounds.

Perhaps. Then again the Patriots mishandled that clock during that possession regardless if the clock operator thought it was out or not

What's surprising is that it's no reviewable

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't comment until I see what FlyerFinFan thinks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. Then again the Patriots mishandled that clock during that possession regardless if the clock operator thought it was out or not

What's surprising is that it's no reviewable

I agree the Pats mishandled the situation. But I damn sure don't want that reviewable.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3