• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Forde's realignment plan.

What do you think of Pat Forde's realignment plan?

• Yes, great idea.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No, with all due respect, I don't like it.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pat Forde needs to be drug tested.

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its also the same thing that happened when scholarship limits came in. more schools became more competitive and some of the blue bloods started to fall.
Unless there's a straight up salary cap, it won't matter. Especially when students start to get paid in the next few years, the gap is going to widen.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's a straight up salary cap, it won't matter. Especially when students start to get paid in the next few years, the gap is going to widen.
they aren't getting paid from the schools for coming to the school. and there are plenty of businesses in the areas of small schools that can and will also pay players for their NIL
you dont think place like Orlando Houston Tulsa Toledo Buffalo San Diego Las Vegas dont have money too?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they aren't getting paid from the schools for coming to the school. and there are plenty of businesses in the areas of small schools that can and will also pay players for their NIL
you dont think place like Orlando Houston Tulsa Toledo Buffalo San Diego Las Vegas dont have money too?
But the big money is going to come from schools like Oregon, where kids are going to get Nike endorsements and shit; not bob's auto shop in las vegas for a UNLV player.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the big money is going to come from schools like Oregon, where kids are going to get Nike endorsements and shit; not bob's auto shop in las vegas for a UNLV player.
yeah because nobody in Las Vegas has any kind of money do they?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah because nobody in Las Vegas has any kind of money do they?
But are they going to want to spend that money on UNLV players? Or maybe the California players right next door? Do people give UNVL money now? I doubt they have huge boosters lining up for the opportunity.

I think this is going to increase the gap. UNLV is never going to be close to Alabama. Just isn't happening in our lifetime.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But are they going to want to spend that money on UNLV players? Or maybe the California players right next door? Do people give UNVL money now? I doubt they have huge boosters lining up for the opportunity.

I think this is going to increase the gap. UNLV is never going to be close to Alabama. Just isn't happening in our lifetime.
again in a hypothetical world where current status quo is blown up and the current distribution is worked over

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again in a hypothetical world where current status quo is blown up and the current distribution is worked over
Wouldn't matter. Alabama is still Alabama. Michigan is still Michigan. Ohio State still Ohio State. By putting them in conferences together you'd just guarantee OSU 6 wins a year, those teams get demolished and with no chance of ever getting out of the conference with even a conference title.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't matter. Alabama is still Alabama. Michigan is still Michigan. Ohio State still Ohio State. By putting them in conferences together you'd just guarantee OSU 6 wins a year, those teams get demolished and with no chance of ever getting out of the conference with even a conference title.
Yeah and not like old powers of Nebraska, Colorado, Minnesota, Miami Army haven't fallen by the way side.
Not like the old guard of Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Florida State havent seen their worst years since Changes to the system like scholarship limits, more equal money distribution, travel, and everything else over the last 70 or so years have changed.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is still Alabama and Ohio State is still Ohio State but Michigan is not the same Michigan it used to be.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and not like old powers of Nebraska, Colorado, Minnesota, Miami Army haven't fallen by the way side.
Not like the old guard of Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Florida State havent seen their worst years since Changes to the system like scholarship limits, more equal money distribution, travel, and everything else over the last 70 or so years have changed.
Check out the recruiting classes though. Despite not being great, most of those schools are still in the top 25 and few of the G5 schools ever come close to the top 50.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is still Alabama and Ohio State is still Ohio State but Michigan is not the same Michigan it used to be.
And yet, top 10 recruiting class.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the recruiting classes though. Despite not being great, most of those schools are still in the top 25 and few of the G5 schools ever come close to the top 50.
IN THE CURRENT SYSTEM

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last National Championship? when was the last time they contended? when was the last BIg 10 title? Division?
We've had our chances the last two decades, been just short a few times. We've had a NC within the last 25 years. But if EMU were to be thrown into the conference, they'd never.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think that changes if these schools are playing and blowing out 6 mac schools a year?
is that any differrent than
52-0 vs Rutgers?
38-7 vs Maryland?
48-10 vs Michigan State?
42-7 vs Penn State

but yeah no totally gonna just obviously blow them out like
24-21 vs Army/
and yes gotta dig a bit but
28-14 vs Akron
24-21 vs UConn
31-25 vs Air Force

yes more often than not blow outs more often wins. but does that mean that those other schools will never be competitive or never have a chance? no i dont believe they could never get in.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is different than Vandy 30-6
Tenn 38-12
Miss st 31-3
not to mention the other G5 and FCS schools UGA has beat in sept at home.

also what makes you think UGA would beat them 50-0 remember 2016 Nichols state? Louisiana?
2015 Georgia Southern who you claim you would beat 50-0 took UGA to Overtime
With all due respect, if you don't understand the difference between Vandy, UTjr, and MSU v. UAB, FAU, GaState you just don't follow college football and I've run out of time to continue the discussion. Pointing to a few specific games here and there where we played our worst football in the past 20 years means nothing, especially when you continue to go back the Richt era. Guess what, it isn't the Richt era any more. Also, I am obviously exaggerating when I continuously type 50-0 and 80-0 ... that's my way of saying we would destroy them, which we obviously would. At worst, we would go 9-1 against every one of the 7 G5 teams you insist should be in our imaginary conference.

I am going to ask you again, why do you think it is good for teams to go from playing a couple cupcakes to 7 cupcakes in a year. How does that improve college football. What is in it that would make the P5 commit suicide in that way. Let's hear it because you are the only one here going on and on about that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like just spitballing here but maybe read the article from the guy who actually put this idea out there. some of your questions would probably be answered from the horses mouth rather than me. I didnt write this article I can just open my mind up to hypothetical scenarios apparently better than most.
You've not made a single cogent post in defense of the idiots argument. Seriously, every idea you have had would result in terrible college football.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right because the NCAA/P5 totally controlled the BCS and now the Playoff I forgot.
Are you saying they don't? I am confused. Who other than the NCAA controlled the BCS and now the CFP?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point was that by upgrading to a bigger conference with a chance at an NC the recruiting increased as well.
It has somewhat as your stats show. But the biggest benefit has been the money that comes with being a P5 member. Some of the lesser P5 schools aren't getting the "bang for their buck" IMO. They are spending A LOT more than some of the upper G5s and still aren't getting much better results if any at all.