• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Forde's realignment plan.

What do you think of Pat Forde's realignment plan?

• Yes, great idea.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No, with all due respect, I don't like it.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pat Forde needs to be drug tested.

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has somewhat as your stats show. But the biggest benefit has been the money that comes with being a P5 member. Some of the lesser P5 schools aren't getting the "bang for their buck" IMO. They are spending A LOT more than some of the upper G5s and still aren't getting much better results if any at all.
Again to my point under Forde new system some of those current G5 schools would increase their profile.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to my point under Forde new system some of those current G5 schools would increase their profile.
True, but the P5s don't want some of those G5 schools to increase their profile.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying they don't? I am confused. Who other than the NCAA controlled the BCS and now the CFP?
then why isnt it or hasnt it been called the NCAA football championship?
why is it every other sport plays for an identical trophy except football
NCAA-Mens-Basketball-Championship-Trophy-225x300.jpg

7987747657_80aea11cdc_b.jpg

ncaa%20trophy.jpg

image004(20).jpg

GQQBBPDZFGZIINR.20140701063738.jpeg

fd32f01a-14de-4d2c-a9a6-10a4336195f9-CollegeFootball1.jpg

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've not made a single cogent post in defense of the idiots argument. Seriously, every idea you have had would result in terrible college football.
you not accepting them or being able to think hypothetically doesnt mean i havent

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why isnt it or hasnt it been called the NCAA football championship?
why is it every other sport plays for an identical trophy except football
NCAA-Mens-Basketball-Championship-Trophy-225x300.jpg

7987747657_80aea11cdc_b.jpg

ncaa%20trophy.jpg

image004(20).jpg

GQQBBPDZFGZIINR.20140701063738.jpeg

fd32f01a-14de-4d2c-a9a6-10a4336195f9-CollegeFootball1.jpg
I am going to try one last time ... maybe putting this as questions will help us:
- Do you believe the NCAA is an independent organization that simply popped up and volunteered to organized and control college sports, and they can do anything they want and the schools and conferences would have to comply.
- Do you believe that the NCAA is an organization that was created by a group of universities to govern their athletics, and that the member schools ultimately have total control over what the NCAA actually is and does?

The following might help:

A misconception many often have about the NCAA when thinking about collegiate sports, is the governing structure of the organization. Essentially, it is not a large organization that dictates what occurs in the governance of collegiate sports, but rather the NCAA is governed by its over 1,200 member institutions.

The school are the NCAA. The NCAA does what they collectively tell them to do. The P5 - Power 5 - schools control over 75% of the revenue of college sports. If they decide they want to do something on their own, they will do it. If the G5 think they could vote in something like you are advocating, the P5 schools would simply leave. If the NCAA or other conferences tried to make the SEC, as an example, do something it didn't want to do, it would leave. Others would follow.

You should read up on the NCAA as it appears you don't understand what it is, and from where it gets its power to govern, and the limitations that are place on its powers by its members.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you not accepting them or being able to think hypothetically doesnt mean i havent
I've asked you several times to explain how this would make college football better. You've not been able to answer. It would make college football terrible.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked you several times to explain how this would make college football better. You've not been able to answer. It would make college football terrible.

again in your opinion

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to try one last time ... maybe putting this as questions will help us:
- Do you believe the NCAA is an independent organization that simply popped up and volunteered to organized and control college sports, and they can do anything they want and the schools and conferences would have to comply.
- Do you believe that the NCAA is an organization that was created by a group of universities to govern their athletics, and that the member schools ultimately have total control over what the NCAA actually is and does?

The following might help:

A misconception many often have about the NCAA when thinking about collegiate sports, is the governing structure of the organization. Essentially, it is not a large organization that dictates what occurs in the governance of collegiate sports, but rather the NCAA is governed by its over 1,200 member institutions.

The school are the NCAA. The NCAA does what they collectively tell them to do. The P5 - Power 5 - schools control over 75% of the revenue of college sports. If they decide they want to do something on their own, they will do it. If the G5 think they could vote in something like you are advocating, the P5 schools would simply leave. If the NCAA or other conferences tried to make the SEC, as an example, do something it didn't want to do, it would leave. Others would follow.

You should read up on the NCAA as it appears you don't understand what it is, and from where it gets its power to govern, and the limitations that are place on its powers by its members.
the reason the G5 have the money and access they do now is because of antitrust lawsuits. you dont think those kinds of things would come about again?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more regional games easier travel for fans. less travel budget for the schools, money that can be allocated elsewhere. the return of some old rivalries that have been separated due to current alignment.
increased playoff size. all 10 champs and 2 wild cards.

and too my points of already seeing blowouts
There already are plenty of blowouts on a weekly basis. Some 2019 numbers: 37 games involving SEC teams decided by 30 points or more; 36 involving ACC teams; 35 involving the Big Ten; 19 involving the Big 12; and 16 involving the Pac-12. Removing FCS opponents from the schedule will reduce the number of hide-your-eyes massacres.)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the money distribution as it is now.
College Football Playoff Payouts For 2019 Season

each power 5 gets 66Mil base
6 mil for the 4 that make the playoff
40 mil for contract bowls like Rose Sugar and Fiesta per team.
another 4 for extra bowls like Penn State in Cotton

G5 all 5 share 90 Mil.
American gets another 4 for Memphis in the Cotton.
plus whatever other amounts from other bowls

conferences share that money

lets say it adds up to about 700 million
divide that by 10 conferences that 70 million distributed between 12 teams
that doesnt include conference tv contracts, tickets and apparel and boosters.
you could even distribute by position each year. (champ gets more and so on down)

do more sponsors for more money on top
College football play off 1st round presented by All State
College football 2nd round by Playstation
semifinal by Northwestern Mutual
Championship game by Capital one.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the money distribution as it is now.
College Football Playoff Payouts For 2019 Season

each power 5 gets 66Mil base
6 mil for the 4 that make the playoff
40 mil for contract bowls like Rose Sugar and Fiesta per team.
another 4 for extra bowls like Penn State in Cotton

G5 all 5 share 90 Mil.
American gets another 4 for Memphis in the Cotton.
plus whatever other amounts from other bowls

conferences share that money

lets say it adds up to about 700 million
divide that by 10 conferences that 70 million distributed between 12 teams
that doesnt include conference tv contracts, tickets and apparel and boosters.
you could even distribute by position each year. (champ gets more and so on down)

do more sponsors for more money on top
College football play off 1st round presented by All State
College football 2nd round by Playstation
semifinal by Northwestern Mutual
Championship game by Capital one.
Explain why each SEC school would give up the $48 million they get each year that isn't included in your numbers above. In that you are splitting up the SEC, and watering down all the conferences, that money would be far less. Again, no school in a P5 conference would do that.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain why each SEC school would give up the $48 million they get each year that isn't included in your numbers above. In that you are splitting up the SEC, and watering down all the conferences, that money would be far less. Again, no school in a P5 conference would do that.
where does that 48 come from?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these numbers are just the playoff money numbers.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said tv tickets apparel and all other things are a different issue.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its like you only read 1/10th of whats posted then argue i dont make sense just to argue something

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forde's quote:

It's a win-win ... no one else is going to see it that way, but that's what I think.

The only way he defends it by pointing to geography. Here is what is going to happen ... the G5 likely will reform conferences at some point to condense teams geographically. The P5 won't. They make enough money to handle it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its like you only read 1/10th of whats posted then argue i dont make sense just to argue something
To the contrary, I am the one person (perhaps the only one) here reading what you are typing. Most people tapped out a long time ago.

You don't make sense. The crux of why you don't make sense is because (1) the proposal you make would make college football terrible ... P5 teams would play 7 cupcake games a year, and (2) you are assuming the Haves will give up the many millions they have to the Have Nots ... life doesn't work that way.