• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Passing D

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This info helps me a bit. I was planning on starting Sam Bradford in one of my FF Leagues instead of Kap. But now I see that Houston's pass D is serious. I might as well start Kap and hope that the Cards pass D don't show up on Sunday.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This info helps me a bit. I was planning on starting Sam Bradford in one of my FF Leagues instead of Kap. But now I see that Houston's pass D is serious. I might as well start Kap and hope that the Cards pass D don't show up on Sunday.

Coming in to this week Houston had the overall #1 defense. Happy to see our pass defense rated so high especially with our injuries and facing Rodgers & Luck already

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Just understand that St. Louis cannot run very well and will pass a lot.

Based on the passing numbers, I would go Bradford.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame

2nd of all, we are a running team that passes the ball.
Less opportunities to measure up.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take us out and we've played three out of top five pass defenses

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just looking at this again. I think our secondary deserves a little more credit than they have been receiving for their recent performances. We are ahead of Seattle in passing yards, YPA, completion percentage, and opposing passer rating. We have allowed the same number of TDs, and have one fewer INT. That is with us playing GB (4) and St. Louis (16) vs. Seattle playing Carolina (30) and Jacksonville (29), and with us missing by far our biggest weapon in the passing game the past two weeks - granted Seattle was without Clemons and Irvin for several games. That's pretty darn impressive. Brown and Rogers have stepped up this year. As has Whitner. And Reid has been very impressive to date. I'm not entirely sold on this trend continuing, but it deserves mention.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take us out and we've played three out of top five pass defenses

I disagree, statistically we helped those defenses become better pass defenses based on passing yards a game. 9ers only put up 150 passing yards or less in those three match ups.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just understand that St. Louis cannot run very well and will pass a lot.

Based on the passing numbers, I would go Bradford.

2013 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

2nd of all, we are a running team that passes the ball.
Less opportunities to measure up.

Thanks, that does seem to make a lot of sense. Crimson is getting paid by someone to trick me. I don't care about your Passing D stats Crimson. You're trying to make me lose.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers secondary >>> seahawks secondary

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree, statistically we helped those defenses become better pass defenses based on passing yards a game. 9ers only put up 150 passing yards or less in those three match ups.

It's not like games against us were aberrations for those Ds, though. No one has cracked 200 yards passing against the Texans this year, although teams haven't really had trouble scoring points despite that. Obviously Seattle has a great unit. Indy frankly has had a pretty favorable schedule in terms of opposing QBs to date, facing Pryor, Tannehill (who kind of lit them up), Kap, Gabbert, and Wilson. I expect they'll drop a bit, but Manning and Rivers are the only even marginally threatening QBs they play all season. Alex Smith is #3 in terms of tough QBs on their remaining schedule, and it's really not close. That's a ridiculous schedule in terms of QBs, though playing in the AFC South and against the NFC West will help that.

Indianapolis Colts 2013 Schedule - Colts Home and Away - ESPN

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks, that does seem to make a lot of sense. Crimson is getting paid by someone to trick me. I don't care about your Passing D stats Crimson. You're trying to make me lose.

Haha. You know it!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers secondary >>> seahawks secondary

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think even the most bullish homer would claim that. But these guys have been playing well lately. Especially as Seattle's pass rush has probably been somewhat better than ours lately. I do think Seattle's big WRs can be hurt by smaller, faster WRs if they can get off the line. Of course, we don't really have many of those. I'd like to see more work by our TEs, RBs, and say Kyle Williams or Quinton Patton in the rematch. Seattle is brutal on physical WRs.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think even the most bullish homer would claim that. But these guys have been playing well lately. Especially as Seattle's pass rush has probably been somewhat better than ours lately. I do think Seattle's big WRs can be hurt by smaller, faster WRs if they can get off the line. Of course, we don't really have many of those. I'd like to see more work by our TEs, RBs, and say Kyle Williams or Quinton Patton in the rematch. Seattle is brutal on physical WRs.

Lol at least someone has a sense of humor.