• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Panthers @ Broncos on NBC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the first coach that I ever seen cry about the opening thursday night game when you're not coming off a game the previous sunday

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread sure went up a bit early....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread sure went up a bit early....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's time to see how good this Denver defense will be this year. We've heard all about plug and play QB.

Exactly....Carolina has a good D also and I think Cam will fare better against Denver's than a virtual rook will against theirs....
You know Ron is bringing the pressure on that kid, it's gonna be a hawrd day for him....
Panthers 27 Broncos 10

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's time to see how good this Denver defense will be this year. We've heard all about plug and play QB.

Got to love how people keep taking some things that posters have said way out of context. From what I have read Bronco fans have said (myself included) that with this defense they stand a chance no matter who the QB is. That doesn't mean they will be able to win like they did last year but that the defense should be able to keep them in most games. I don't see them blowing anybody out but also not getting blown out very often unless there are quite a few turnovers that swing things one way or the other.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love how people keep taking some things that posters have said way out of context. From what I have read Bronco fans have said (myself included) that with this defense they stand a chance no matter who the QB is. That doesn't mean they will be able to win like they did last year but that the defense should be able to keep them in most games. I don't see them blowing anybody out but also not getting blown out very often unless there are quite a few turnovers that swing things one way or the other.
sure dumler...it's me.
why don't you spin mannings stats from last year as exhibit A again
We've only seen those 10,749 times since June.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure dumler...it's me.
why don't you spin mannings stats from last year as exhibit A again
We've only seen those 10,749 times since June.
How do you spin 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions? That's terrible.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you spin 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions? That's terrible.
just cause you lead the league all summer dosen't mean you should pile on. Some fans consider other things like maybe, the decisions made play after play and those decisions when and where to throw a football. Little shit, the game inside the game.

BTW....love the Ware and Manning pic to represent the broncos latest championship. Most appropriate!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spin it by adding in Osweiler's numbers which makes horriawful look instead just awful.
Even if you put Osweiler's numbers in there, Denver still threw more interceptions than touchdowns. The only other team that managed that was the Cowboys, and I think we all know how bad their qb situation was last year.

The thing is, no one is predicting the Siemian to light up the league. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he can preform a little better than Denver's qb numbers last year. Reasonable minds can disagree of course. We won't know until they start playing the games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you put Osweiler's numbers in there, Denver still threw more interceptions than touchdowns. The only other team that managed that was the Cowboys, and I think we all know how bad their qb situation was last year.

The thing is, no one is predicting the Siemian to light up the league. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he can preform a little better than Denver's qb numbers last year. Reasonable minds can disagree of course. We won't know until they start playing the games.
Maybe- it'd be very easy to argue it's reasonable to expect Siemian to be as bad or worse than last year's QB's is the only thing. I don't think it's hard to see why people are skeptical. I definitely thought it'd be worse with Sanchez but idk about Siemian to be honest.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just cause you lead the league all summer dosen't mean you should pile on. Some fans consider other things like maybe, the decisions made play after play and those decisions when and where to throw a football. Little shit, the game inside the game.

BTW....love the Ware and Manning pic to represent the broncos latest championship. Most appropriate!
Decisions are only as good as your ability to take advantage of them. Manning knew how to make the right reads, but his body frequently didn't allow him to place the ball where he wanted to. And defenses knew he was not a threat on anything deep outside the numbers. The only game he consistently hit long passes was against Green Bay, and look what happened: the Broncos blew them out.

By any metric, Denver's qb play was terrible last year. They were 28th in touchdowns. 29th in touchdown percentage. Dead last in interceptions. Had the second worst interception percentage. Second to last in passer rating. Please explain to me why it's so completely unreasonable that they COULD POTENTIALLY be a better passing team this year?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe- it'd be very easy to argue it's reasonable to expect Siemian to be as bad or worse than last year's QB's is the only thing. I don't think it's hard to see why people are skeptical. I definitely thought it'd be worse with Sanchez but idk about Siemian to be honest.
That's totally fair. Who knows what kind of qb Siemian will be? He could suck. He could be ok. He could be really good (although I seriously doubt that happens). I've got no problem with being skeptical.

The only issue I have is that some people seem to be so caught up with the fact that Peyton Manning was the qb last season, so no matter who is back there he's going to be worse because the last guy was Peyton Manning, future Hall of Famer. Never mind the fact that Peyton Manning wasn't the Peyton Manning of old last year, he was just an old Peyton Manning. I mean, if you put his numbers on say, Blake Bortles, everyone would be saying that Jacksonville needs a new qb.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decisions are only as good as your ability to take advantage of them. Manning knew how to make the right reads, but his body frequently didn't allow him to place the ball where he wanted to. And defenses knew he was not a threat on anything deep outside the numbers. The only game he consistently hit long passes was against Green Bay, and look what happened: the Broncos blew them out.

By any metric, Denver's qb play was terrible last year. They were 28th in touchdowns. 29th in touchdown percentage. Dead last in interceptions. Had the second worst interception percentage. Second to last in passer rating. Please explain to me why it's so completely unreasonable that they COULD POTENTIALLY be a better passing team this year?
10,750 times since June