• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game notes

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna read through the thread. What's this in reference to: is it red yet?

I have no idea lol. The endzones? I just didnt want to leave calamity hanging lol

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DuJuan Harris sells Packers on his abilities

Laugh at me all you want, but I've said since Starks was drafted that he was their scariest RB when healthy. Even when Benson was there. Granted I was never a huge Benson backer, even in college, but still.

My concern with Harris is in short, tight areas and in the screen, dump off passing game. He's got underrated pop and power in my opinion.

I would rather face Benson and Green than Starks and Harris based on what I've seen in my own dumb, little fan world. Laugh at me all you'd like.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DuJuan Harris sells Packers on his abilities

Laugh at me all you want, but I've said since Starks was drafted that he was their scariest RB when healthy. Even when Benson was there. Granted I was never a huge Benson backer, even in college, but still.

My concern with Harris is in short, tight areas and in the screen, dump off passing game. He's got underrated pop and power in my opinion.

I would rather face Benson and Green than Starks and Harris based on what I've seen in my own dumb, little fan world. Laugh at me all you'd like.

I Agree.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Underrated" might have been the wrong word for Harris' pop/power. He's still unknown to so many people that I should have maybe used a different word. He has impressive pop and power for his size/build. It kind of surprises you until you see him move around for a while.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree: hardest-working 'diva' in game - SFGate

This season, for example, San Francisco offensive coordinator Greg Roman noted Crabtree often arrives at practice early and runs through cones to develop his footwork. It's not quite a new development. In perhaps his favorite Crabtree story, former Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach relayed how he saw a shadowy figure on the practice field while poring over late-night film.

It turns out one of the best players in college football had jumped the fence.

"I said 'What are you doing, Michael?' " recalls Leach, now the head coach at Washington State. "He said 'Well, I set up these cones here and I was thinking if I come out of my cut like this and stick my toe here, I'm going to be open by another step.' ... He was constantly working on stuff like that. It wasn't just once that I wandered out and there's Michael Crabtree."

Not long after his arrival in San Francisco last year, Jim Harbaugh began hailing Crabtree's ferocious downfield blocking. That, too, was on display at Texas Tech. In 2007, Crabtree asked assistant coach Dennis Simmons how he could improve after a freshman season in which he had 134 catches and won the Biletnikoff Award given to the nation's best wide receiver.

Simmons' advice: Become a better blocker.

"His sophomore year, his blocking highlight tape is, for a receiver, still the best I've ever seen," Riley said. "Phenomenal. The way he blocked and how fierce he played the game. He works that way, too. There's a reason why he's doing what he's doing right now ... this guy, first and foremost, is a grinder. Is a worker. Is an old-school, physical-type football player."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree: hardest-working 'diva' in game - SFGate

This season, for example, San Francisco offensive coordinator Greg Roman noted Crabtree often arrives at practice early and runs through cones to develop his footwork. It's not quite a new development. In perhaps his favorite Crabtree story, former Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach relayed how he saw a shadowy figure on the practice field while poring over late-night film.

It turns out one of the best players in college football had jumped the fence.

"I said 'What are you doing, Michael?' " recalls Leach, now the head coach at Washington State. "He said 'Well, I set up these cones here and I was thinking if I come out of my cut like this and stick my toe here, I'm going to be open by another step.' ... He was constantly working on stuff like that. It wasn't just once that I wandered out and there's Michael Crabtree."

Not long after his arrival in San Francisco last year, Jim Harbaugh began hailing Crabtree's ferocious downfield blocking. That, too, was on display at Texas Tech. In 2007, Crabtree asked assistant coach Dennis Simmons how he could improve after a freshman season in which he had 134 catches and won the Biletnikoff Award given to the nation's best wide receiver.

Simmons' advice: Become a better blocker.

"His sophomore year, his blocking highlight tape is, for a receiver, still the best I've ever seen," Riley said. "Phenomenal. The way he blocked and how fierce he played the game. He works that way, too. There's a reason why he's doing what he's doing right now ... this guy, first and foremost, is a grinder. Is a worker. Is an old-school, physical-type football player."

I agree with this sentiment - Crabtree has become a phenomenal blocker!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we want Crabtree to score in winning, I would love for Moss to get the TDs. First, it'll help us win. Second, it's against Green Bay - tradition. Third, his 10 postseason touchdowns rank third in NFL history behind Jerry Rice (22) and John Stallworth (12). Moss has 16 touchdown receptions against the Packers, including two in the postseason. Let's get him 13 TDs so we can have the top 2 receivers in both regular season and postseason TDs!

But, of course, two TDs for both Crabtree and Moss would be even better! (We'll save #13 for the NFCC game - we don't want to use them all up before the SB. Just don't be stingy and lose. ;) )

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Maiocco:

49ers LT Joe Staley (right arm) had X-rays. No break. Bad bruise from Clay Matthews chopping his arm.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick has gained 2,000 twitter followers in the last half hour.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Matt Maiocco:

49ers LT Joe Staley (right arm) had X-rays. No break. Bad bruise from Clay Matthews chopping his arm.

First he breaks Joe's nose, then he tries to chop Joe's arm off.

Well, at least he lost both times. :)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

Not to be overlooked: 49ers O.C. Greg Roman had a great night, too.

Jags GM David Caldwell is smiling tonight.