• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game notes

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have a good time watching it anyway. I've hedged my bet so as not to make a 49er loss so painful. Would be so cool if they could somehow win though.

Your lack if faith disgusts me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your lack if faith disgusts me.

Faith itself has disguted me ever since I heard you had to have it or you couldn't go to heaven. I need evidence; show me something besides faith that makes you believe at this point in the season the 49ers can beat the Packers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faith itself has disguted me ever since I heard you had to have it or you couldn't go to heaven. I need evidence; show me something besides faith that makes you believe at this point in the season the 49ers can beat the Packers.

Well, the Bible says it (that we're winning), so it must be true.

As an aside, one of the guys on 3rd Street in Santa Monica was challenging anyone to disprove his religion and every time someone said anything, he used the Bible to "prove" it wrong. I'm fine with people having a religion, but you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible! I know some people aren't fine with others having a religion because it's illogical, but either have faith or don't. Let others be (but if others are challenging you, so be it). If God is so powerful, you won't necessarily find evidence, God could make the world as it is and make it look so illogical. If there is no God, then you won't find any evidence. So either have faith or don't, don't try to prove it by a self-reference! BTW, he also "proved" Jesus by saying, "how could Jesus be resurrected if He wasn't the Son of God" - ignoring the fact that non-believers challenge Jesus' resurrection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

What evidence is there that the Packers will beat the 49ers?

What evidence was there that we could beat the Saint's if they scored 30+ in the playoffs last year?

We're basically hearing the same spiel about Rodgers and the Packers like we did about Brees and the Saints last year.

The only evidence is that someone is going to win on Sunday and I can make a case for the Packers winning just as easily as I can make a case for the 49ers. That's why we all tune in and watch.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an aside, one of the guys on 3rd Street in Santa Monica was challenging anyone to disprove his religion and every time someone said anything, he used the Bible to "prove" it wrong
. I'm fine with people having a religion, but you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible! I know some people aren't fine with others having a religion because it's illogical, but either have faith or don't. Let others be (but if others are challenging you, so be it). If God is so powerful, you won't necessarily find evidence, God could make the world as it is and make it look so illogical. If there is no God, then you won't find any evidence. So either have faith or don't, don't try to prove it by a self-reference! BTW, he also "proved" Jesus by saying, "how could Jesus be resurrected if He wasn't the Son of God" - ignoring the fact that non-believers challenge Jesus' resurrection.

Ha ha! That is hilarious. How can you have a rational argument with a person whose whole belief system requires him to suspend rational thinking in order for him to believe it. Its like discussing gun control with an NRA nut.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence is there that the Packers will beat the 49ers?

What evidence was there that we could beat the Saint's if they scored 30+ in the playoffs last year?

We're basically hearing the same spiel about Rodgers and the Packers like we did about Brees and the Saints last year.

The only evidence is that someone is going to win on Sunday and I can make a case for the Packers winning just as easily as I can make a case for the 49ers. That's why we all tune in and watch.

Drew Brees is no Aaron Rodgers. With the 49er D Linemen injuries the Packers' strength now becomes our weakness. If you can't get in Rodgers' face you cannot beat him. And how the 49ers ever got to be thought of as a power running team this year is beyond me. Lately that part of their game has been completely shut down. As you said though, they found a way to beat a red hot Saints team last year, maybe they can do it again.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If I have to listen to one more "expert" say that since Woodson and Mathews are back, this is a different defense. Both played when we beat the pack At green bay.

Also, last year we were not supposed to beat the Saints because Alex is a game manager. Then we did beat them. Offseason people said niners weren't going anywhere because Alex is a game manager. Now the very people who said all that shit, now say niners can't win because Kaep isnt a game manager like Alex. And we should start Alex. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Drew Brees is no Aaron Rodgers. With the 49er D Linemen injuries the Packers' strength now becomes our weakness. If you can't get in Rodgers' face you cannot beat him. And how the 49ers ever got to be thought of as a power running team this year is beyond me. Lately that part of their game has been completely shut down. As you said though, they found a way to beat a red hot Saints team last year, maybe they can do it again.

2011 Saint's offense was a lot better and a bigger match up problem for our defense then this 2012 Packers offense. The 2011 Saint's offense had a way better offensive line, a much scarier running attack, and the weapons Brees had were close to what Rodgers has.

Of course it's a bit of a wash since our defense last year was better then our defense this season.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have a good time watching it anyway. I've hedged my bet so as not to make a 49er loss so painful. Would be so cool if they could somehow win though.

You are the mightiest of turd sandwiches.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Saturday. Tommorow. Don't miss the game!

Haha I better remember that since I'm going to the game.

Would be a bit of a downer to show up to an empty Candlestick park on Sunday :D

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I better remember that since I'm going to the game.

Would be a bit of a downer to show up to an empty Candlestick park on Sunday :D

I dunno, you could always visit a hooker in the hood and score some crack!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an aside, one of the guys on 3rd Street in Santa Monica was challenging anyone to disprove his religion and every time someone said anything, he used the Bible to "prove" it wrong. I'm fine with people having a religion, but you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible! I know some people aren't fine with others having a religion because it's illogical, but either have faith or don't. Let others be (but if others are challenging you, so be it). If God is so powerful, you won't necessarily find evidence, God could make the world as it is and make it look so illogical. If there is no God, then you won't find any evidence. So either have faith or don't, don't try to prove it by a self-reference! BTW, he also "proved" Jesus by saying, "how could Jesus be resurrected if He wasn't the Son of God" - ignoring the fact that non-believers challenge Jesus' resurrection.

Zombie.

Duh.

pwned

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 Saint's offense was a lot better and a bigger match up problem for our defense then this 2012 Packers offense. The 2011 Saint's offense had a way better offensive line, a much scarier running attack, and the weapons Brees had were close to what Rodgers has.

Of course it's a bit of a wash since our defense last year was better then our defense this season.

Our defense was not only better last year, they were at full strength last year.