• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bookmark it. If WSU makes it to a bowl come find it and throw it back at me. I'm really not expecting it to happen.

I'm not predicting anything or specifically saying your premise was wrong but you were factually wrong with our receivers. I wasn't expecting a bowl game but with this performance I'm pretty confident they can manage to get 6.

Like seriously, when has Leach ever allowed his RB to run that much and sustain a 7 minute drive?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not predicting anything or specifically saying your premise was wrong but you were factually wrong with our receivers. I wasn't expecting a bowl game but with this performance I'm pretty confident they can manage to get 6.

Like seriously, when has Leach ever allowed his RB to run that much and sustain a 7 minute drive?
The key to me is what I saw from your lines specifically. I think I'm bigger than both of your DE's ffs. I just don't think you have the size to stand up to most teams in the Pac.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to me is what I saw from your lines specifically. I think I'm bigger than both of your DE's ffs. I just don't think you have the size to stand up to most teams in the Pac.

Our all American defensive tackle last year was 240 pounds. We are bigger than last year, doesn't mean much but outside of you guys, Stanford and $C size isn't an issue. And our small defensive lines have dominated Stanford the past 3 year and did very well against $C, they were injured but their true frosh's we're bigger than our seniors.

But again, size holding up isn't as important if Leach keeps allowing for long drives. Again, not saying it's going to be a great season but you guys and $C are the only teams I'm chalking up as losses from my feeling going into this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough data yet to really do a power ranking for the conference.

So much more will be known after next week. Stanford, USC, UCLA, ASU, Colorado, and even Cal all have legit games.

Utah won't face anyone until they host UW in two weeks. Oregon and WSU won't face any real opponents for three more weeks.

It still feels like USC's division to win or lose for the South. Their talent and schedule just setup well. Missing UW and Oregon is the best possible conference schedule they can have (They can't ever miss Stanford with all cali schools playing every year). That's huge. Who does Utah miss? lolz... Beavers and Bears. :pound: ASU skips the cougs and cal which is nearly as bad. Arizona has the best conference schedule in the south skipping both UW and Stanford. I mean that's sort of winning the lottery there and I know that's part of why some pick them to challenge the South, but.... :L They need a hell of a bounce back after that dismal game last week. If USC just holds serve and doesn't have any serious trip up games it's still their division. I'm not saying that can't/won't happen, but it feels like they entirely hold their own fate.

North is a bit more straight up, but it will be a month before we find clarity there as well. UW and Stanford have targets on their backs for sure and Oregon has nearly a G5 schedule. The other 3 are simply fighting for relevancy.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodbye 1-1, that ain't happening in Westwood, if it does I'll be stunned and have to take back every disparaging word I had for Chip after Saturday's game.

I know little about this guy, but I couldn't believe he went for it down 2 points from his own 36 with nearly 6 minutes to play. Especially since the defense had been pitching a shutout vs Bearcats offense in the second half. Sure, if the offensive executes on that 4th & 1 the drive stays alive, they would have had an opportunity to chew up clock and move into FG range for the game winner, but they had a true freshman at Center who struggled all day out of the shotgun to get the ball to the QB as he did on that play snapping it to a true freshman at QB who was brought in mid game and had just fumbled for a Safety on his previous drive. Geez, all tied in the 4th quarter at home and Kelly's Bruins suffer two turnovers leading to 9 points on the last two Bruin drives of the game that mattered. :L

Is Kelly really this careless managing games?

I will watch, but this game vs OU is gonna get ugly!

Looking ahead, I'm guessing Fresno State will be the favorite at home, so without trying to be overly dramatic, I'm not sure where the Bruins first win might be this year if they don't upset the Bulldogs Week 3.

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported that Husky LT Trey Adams will be out for the season after having a surgical procedure done on his back this week.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported that Husky LT Trey Adams will be out for the season after having a surgical procedure done on his back this week.
Sad to here. With that said, his draft stock has dropped like a rock seeing how he's injury prone.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll bet what vCash ya got left on me Beavz winning this coming sat…you get Nevada and i get me beavz SU on the ML kid.

$449?

i'll have the bet cash by 6:40 pst tonight.

what say you?
Id be careful you gonna run out of VBucks. Southern Utah is like 3x the team Portland State was last season and the Beavers barely beat them. I like SU to win

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ashington-loss-impacts-conference/1185238002/
Pac-12 football power rankings: Washington loss opens door at the top of conference

So Washington loses to another top 10 team in a close game at "neutral site" in the opponents backyard. USC struggles early with UNLV before pulling away while Stanford does the same with San Diego St. both at home.

Yet somehow Washington drops to #3 in the conference power rankings?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Washington loses to another top 10 team in a close game at "neutral site" in the opponents backyard. USC struggles early with UNLV before pulling away while Stanford does the same with San Diego St. both at home.

ALL these early rankings/polls don't make a lot of sense right now... :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had the same question with Sparty fan .He said Penn State should be higher than Washington even though PSU had to go to overtime to beat Appy State at home while the Huskies battled Auburn in thier backyard .If thats not crazy enough he said I was pimping the Huskies. Lol.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bubba Bolden may be suspended for 2 years. Due to a Title IX incident. For yelling and threatening a group of females. Still in classes impending further investigation

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power rankings are even less useful than polls. All of them work themselves out though if you just win. UW taking a hit in those doesn't mean much at this time. They need to go solidly beat a couple of decent teams and they will rise again.

Either Stanford or USC will fall in those after next weeks match up. That's a game I'm really looking forward to. No real idea which way that's going to go. Stanford actually looked like it had some balance for a change and showed some solid passing in game one. Didn't need Love to do anything to win that game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bubba Bolden may be suspended for 2 years. Due to a Title IX incident. For yelling and threatening a group of females. Still in classes impending further investigation
I saw the name 'Bubba' and the first thing that came to mind was SEC.