• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bubba Bolden may be suspended for 2 years. Due to a Title IX incident. For yelling and threatening a group of females. Still in classes impending further investigation
Two years? Damn. What did J. Winston get for the shit he did? No crab legs for a week? Lol
Curious if thats a USC punishment or he can go juco for a season and go back to big boy football at another school.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bubba Bolden may be suspended for 2 years. Due to a Title IX incident. For yelling and threatening a group of females. Still in classes impending further investigation

Title IX, just like alot shit needs to be imploded and started from fresh.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title IX, just like alot shit needs to be imploded and started from fresh.
I don't know the exact details of what happened. Whats being reported was he was drunk. Yelled at a group of girls on campus. He came back and yelled more after he left. One called the cops and reported a threat. Thats why he didnt play last week looking like a 2 years suspension pending investigation last I saw.

Makes no sense tho teams like Oklajoma play Mixon get a year.Perry got a few games tops. Both incidents worse. ND covers up R****. And thats not even getting into the SEC/ACC or some teams from other conferences. A lot of inconsistencies in punishments.

Agree on Title IX like a lot of shit needs a complete overhaul.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the exact details of what happened. Whats being reported was he was drunk. Yelled at a group of girls on campus. He came back and yelled more after he left. One called the cops and reported a threat. Thats why he didnt play last week looking like a 2 years suspension pending investigation last I saw.

Makes no sense tho teams like Oklajoma play Mixon get a year.Perry got a few games tops. Both incidents worse. ND covers up R****. And thats not even getting into the SEC/ACC or some teams from other conferences. A lot of inconsistencies in punishments.

Agree on Title IX it needs a complete overhaul

Mixon was different as it wasn't on campus. But I'm sure there is more to the story than he yelled at some girls but the whole premise of title IX is bastardized from what the intent of those who agreed with it back in the day.

You're right about it's own thread so I'll get off my soapbox.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years? Damn. What did J. Winston get for the shit he did? No crab legs for a week? Lol
Curious if thats a USC punishment or he can go juco for a season and go back to big boy football at another school.
I think he sat for a half over FHRITP if I remmed correctly

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon was different as it wasn't on campus. But I'm sure there is more to the story than he yelled at some girls but the whole premise of title IX is bastardized from what the intent of those who agreed with it back in the day.

You're right about it's own thread so I'll get off my soapbox.

Nixon was off campus but on Camera. But I do see your point.I think there was eoinitely more to it imo. Especially if he left the scene and returned. But that seems to be more about questions pertaining to whether he dove dunk to return. Im sure more will be released eventually. DUI/DWI is extra practice tho... constancy :L

No clue what Bolden was thinking he was the starting safety. Gotta be more responsible than that. Not sure if he can or will transfer now. If this isn't NCAA related

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't pollsters like more PAC teams?
because if a team like Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma Penn State loses they can still bounce back. but if Washington, USC, Stanford, Oregon lose the pits of hell have opened up to swallow the west coast with blind preachers screaming DOOM DOOM DOOM

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because if a team like Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma Penn State loses they can still bounce back. but if Washington, USC, Stanford, Oregon lose the pits of hell have opened up to swallow the west coast with blind preachers screaming DOOM DOOM DOOM
This is not cool.

You guise are all big market stars....not hayseed turd hoppers like us....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there are a few reasons. Some are outside of the control the schools and possibly the conference. Some are self inflicted.

The time difference certainly doesn't help anything. A 5:00 game (which is a prime slot) is an 8:00 game back East where a lot of voters are. By the time the game comes on, their bleary eyed from watching games all day and are probably asleep by halftime.

We have a lot of 7:30 games and the conference doesn't protect it's top teams from those games like some other conferences do. A lot of voters aren't seeing anything but a few highlights of those games.

We have a 9 game conference schedule, when some other conferences have 8. That's 1 less "guaranteed win" per team, which hurts the overall conference record and helps feed the "weak conference" narrative.

The conference also has a habit of scheduling Thursday or Friday games after a Saturday game instead of after a bye. Creating a greater chance for upsets.

Since the Pete Carroll era ended at USC, the conference's record in those early season "kickoff classic" type games against other top teams hasn't exactly been stellar either. Further feeding the "weak conference" narrative.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
larry-scott.jpg

united-states-time-zone-map.gif

189popul.jpg

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a few reasons. Some are outside of the control the schools and possibly the conference. Some are self inflicted.

The time difference certainly doesn't help anything. A 5:00 game (which is a prime slot) is an 8:00 game back East where a lot of voters are. By the time the game comes on, their bleary eyed from watching games all day and are probably asleep by halftime.

We have a lot of 7:30 games and the conference doesn't protect it's top teams from those games like some other conferences do. A lot of voters aren't seeing anything but a few highlights of those games.

We have a 9 game conference schedule, when some other conferences have 8. That's 1 less "guaranteed win" per team, which hurts the overall conference record and helps feed the "weak conference" narrative.

The conference also has a habit of scheduling Thursday or Friday games after a Saturday game instead of after a bye. Creating a greater chance for upsets.

Since the Pete Carroll era ended at USC, the conference's record in those early season "kickoff classic" type games against other top teams hasn't exactly been stellar either. Further feeding the "weak conference" narrative.

The conference changed the rule on Thursday night games a couple years ago. Both teams now must have a bye the week before a Thursday game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference changed the rule on Thursday night games a couple years ago. Both teams now must have a bye the week before a Thursday game.

That's right. I forgot that they remedied that particular issue. Thanks.