• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I recall seeing this being brought up on UWDawgPound.

I think they just want Stanford to be as highly ranked as possible when we play them at home, under the assumption we win and it helps our CFP candidacy.

But UW won't. You have a fragile dude under center who is 0 for every game against a team who is as talented. The only game he has really won is when they Stanford and McCaffery after he was iniured the week prior against us. You guys would be better just running the wildcat against any team with a pulse.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But UW won't. You have a fragile dude under center who is 0 for every game against a team who is as talented. The only game he has really won is when they Stanford and McCaffery after he was iniured the week prior against us. You guys would be better just running the wildcat against any team with a pulse.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him fragile. Kid is 6'1 190lbs (after meeting him in person I refuse to believe he's at his listed weight), and has taken some pretty huge shots over his career and to my knowledge has only missed one game in his four year career.

Browning is a game manager, we all know that.

When you say he's 0 for every game against a team who is as talented, I'm assuming you mean USC, Alabama, Penn State and Auburn. This goes back to recruiting. It's just a fact that those teams have vastly superior athletes to what UW has recruited, and all of those were pretty close games.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go as far as calling him fragile. Kid is 6'1 190lbs (after meeting him in person I refuse to believe he's at his listed weight), and has taken some pretty huge shots over his career and to my knowledge has only missed one game in his four year career.

Browning is a game manager, we all know that.

When you say he's 0 for every game against a team who is as talented, I'm assuming you mean USC, Alabama, Penn State and Auburn. This goes back to recruiting. It's just a fact that those teams have vastly superior athletes to what UW has recruited, and all of those were pretty close games.

It's not the vast superior teams. UW has been every bit as talented as all of those teams not named Alabama. Every single loss you guys have had since he has been your QB is on him folding under pressure. All of his big stats are based on those cupcakes UW fans hate ESPN talks about. He's a solid college QB like Kellen Moore but Kellen Moore never beat any big teams besides TCU either.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with the Huskies today?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the vast superior teams. UW has been every bit as talented as all of those teams not named Alabama. Every single loss you guys have had since he has been your QB is on him folding under pressure. All of his big stats are based on those cupcakes UW fans hate ESPN talks about. He's a solid college QB like Kellen Moore but Kellen Moore never beat any big teams besides TCU either.

I think what happened to him wasn't folding under pressure, it was going up against defensive line talent that was vastly better than the offensive line talent we had. He was constantly under pressure and with the exception of the 1 year of John Ross and the 3 of Dante Pettis, he really hasn't had another WR I'd consider PAC-12 average.

Browning is no world beater, I agree that he's a solid college QB with his strengths and weaknesses. Although I think it's still worth noting that his performances in those big games were partially due to offensive line deficiencies and a lack of talent and depth at WR.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bush Hamden calls another fucking read option with Jake Browning I might just be begging for Jonathan Smith to come back.
Hamdan better get his shit together or Petersen is going to have to look for a real OC. I'm thinking Beau Baldwin over at Cal might be a good fit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has a grand total of 57 yards rushing so far. :gaah:

The offensive line has looked awful.

It looks like a lack of cohesion to me. I'll give the North Dakota defensive coordinator a lot of credit, he has designed some really creative blitzes that for whatever reason the Husky offensive line seems unable to figure out.

Worries me going forward that this may expose the Huskies as an offense that can be stopped with exotic blitzes.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamdan better get his shit together or Petersen is going to have to look for a real OC. I'm thinking Beau Baldwin over at Cal might be a good fit.

I had a dream once that UW hired Beau Baldwin to be offensive coordinator.

As you can imagine, it was a wet dream.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's entirely Hamden's fault, but I cannot fathom why anyone would ever run a read option or QB draw with Browning.

I believe he ran one or two QB option plays against Auburn, both were awful. One ended in a fumble. Ran one QB draw and Browning ran straight into the A-gap and was swallowed up by one of Auburn's DT.

Ran it again today and had him running up the A-gap. I cannot fathom in what universe you think Jake Browning has the burst, quickness or strength to make that play work.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost looks like they are doing the "Don't show much thing" with Utah up next.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen is going to have to look for a real OC. I'm thinking Beau Baldwin over at Cal might be a good fit.

oh jesuz, lord…gawd.

dear Beau is a PAC12 HC now kid...

it's the long cry callout for beau baldwin again…nothing about the fucking OC that got cha'll to the BIG DANCE last year.

:wash:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost looks like they are doing the "Don't show much thing" with Utah up next.

That's my coping mechanism right now. How confused the Husky offense and offensive line in particular has looked by some of the exotic blitz packages put together by North Dakota is a bit concerning though.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got sumptin for you kid.

View attachment 186584
KeyIce-759x500.jpg