• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally say that every single year. You remember making duck radar memes before UW's beat down of Oregon in '16? You had Oregon winning the north that year as well.

I mean that's fine, but it's just not news. You really don't like or respect UW and have an affinity for the ducks and their fans.

The real shocker would be if you ever predicted UW to run away with the North. I'd ask someone who kidnapped the real clark.

And FWIW, outside of normal rivalry banter no one has written off Oregon. It's hard to like them for the North on yet another new staff and still not showing they have the defense to go toe to toe with the better teams, but no one has written them off.

Wazzu? Yeah, write them off. Entirely. Done. They are missing their experienced air raid QB's and have lost a LOT of talent at WR the last two seasons to graduation. They also have one of the smallest D lines in P5. They are going to get entirely man handled by any line with decent beef. Teams are going to easily run it down their throats.

And yes, I get that their new QB played elements of the air raid in high school, but it takes EVERY QB Leach ever develops more than a full year to entirely get what he's teaching. I just can't see them hitting the same gears they did the last two years with so much changeover.

Oregon State is dangerous because no one expects anything from them so they can pin their ears back and play pretty aggressively. Bring a bad day with you and they find an upset or two.

I've been on Wilcox's bandwagon for some time. Cal certainly also lacks key talent, but they too stand to upset the apple cart a bit.

So sure, you can say on paper it should be either UW or Stanford in the North and why wouldn't you? They both have the talent and stability of staff to make a good run as long as they don't have major injury issues. However upsets are for sure going to happen (as they always do in the Pac) and Oregon has an easy enough schedule to take advantage of the other two if they feed on each other or have issues. I'm just not banking on that happening.
KFUXWHBKPHUMNHD.20140911144939.jpg

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC still has a lot they need to work on but thats my opinion. Utah may be the favorite. Wouldnt sleep on ASU and I'm not liking Zona and Tate. They may have lost their first game. But I think they have the edge when conference play begins. SC seriously struggles with mobile QBs.In order for SC to make noise their going to need to lean heavy on that D that needs to clean up the big play. South is pretty wide open imo.

A lot of people are focused on Udubs and Stanford to win the north. But I could very easily see Oregon and Wazzu making noise. And I'm not liking that Oregon state RB after the OSU game. I think the PAC as a whole is a lot more open than some may think.

Arizona State is definitely the sleeper in the PAC 12 South. They looked sharp on Saturday and I think they are going to play Sparty tough next weekend. UCLA and Zona were definitely the two teams that were very disappointing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State is definitely the sleeper in the PAC 12 South. They looked sharp on Saturday and I think they are going to play Sparty tough next weekend. UCLA and Zona were definitely the two teams that were very disappointing.
I agree ASU is definitely the sleeper in the south. Harry is always dangerous and I think Wilkins is a solid QB. I thought Benjamin was a steal when the recruited him. And their defense may be under rated. Doesn’t help ASU and Utah have been thorns in SCs side lately. I won’t be surprised to see Zona bounce back tho when conference play starts all bets are off

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WizardHawk dude we returned every single WR that finished the season with us. They played 9,000% better than I was anticipating. Uncle Rico actually looked better than Falk did and somehow Leach allowed the best RB he has ever had to carry it more than 10 times in one game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WizardHawk dude we returned every single WR that finished the season with us. They played 9,000% better than I was anticipating. Uncle Rico actually looked better than Falk did and somehow Leach allowed the best RB he has ever had to carry it more than 10 times in one game.
So bookmark it. If WSU makes it to a bowl come find it and throw it back at me. I'm really not expecting it to happen.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bookmark it. If WSU makes it to a bowl come find it and throw it back at me. I'm really not expecting it to happen.
You seriously think Washington state won't be bowl eligible this year. I'll take those odds. Ive got 6k vCash that Wazzu makes a bowl game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck would anyone tie up every bit of their vCash for an entire season when betting on college football games is literally the only reason to use any at all?

I wouldn't make a season long bet that WSU won't win the national championship either. Season long bets are dumb.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck would anyone tie up every bit of their vCash for an entire season when betting on college football games is literally the only reason to use any at all?

I wouldn't make a season long bet that WSU won't win the national championship either. Season long bets are dumb.
Are you more comfortable with 1k? Only 4 PAC teams failed to qualify for a bowl last season. Wazzu would basically need 5 more wins. I would take those odds every time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you more comfortable with 1k? Only 4 PAC teams failed to qualify for a bowl last season. Wazzu would basically need 5 more wins. I would take those odds every time.
I guess you didn't hear me. I'm not interested in even entirely can't fail bets that cover the whole football season. That is literally the only time I use vCash. You want an off season bet? Sure. Wouldn't care if it's tied up then as I rarely bet on baseball or other events.

I can guarantee you that some bet will be so enticing that I want to throw everything I have at it. That happens more than once every year and I always regret if I have stupid money tied up when those bets come along.

And yes, duh they only need 5 more wins to be eligible. I mean no shit? :L

They might go 3-0 in their weak OOC, but I could easily see them going 2-7 in conference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you didn't hear me. I'm not interested in even entirely can't fail bets that cover the whole football season. That is literally the only time I use vCash. You want an off season bet? Sure. Wouldn't care if it's tied up then as I rarely bet on baseball or other events.

I can guarantee you that some bet will be so enticing that I want to throw everything I have at it. That happens more than once every year and I always regret if I have stupid money tied up when those bets come along.

And yes, duh they only need 5 more wins to be eligible. I mean no shit? :L

They might go 3-0 in their weak OOC, but I could easily see them going 2-7 in conference.
Exactly...Which is why it makes no sense to me to be so sure Wazzu won't make a bowl game. I'll take those odds every time. It would basically be easy vCash for me I wouldn't bet against Wazzu making a bowl game either. imo. I also think theres a lot of teams in the mix to win the north and south too tho....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...Which is why it makes no sense to me to be so sure Wazzu won't make a bowl game. I'll take those odds every time. It would basically be easy vCash for me I wouldn't bet against Wazzu making a bowl game either. imo. I also think theres a lot of teams in the mix to win the north and south too tho....
How many years has WSU lost to a FCS or low tier FBS team as it is? And I think they are taking a step back from where they've been. If they still had those derp games when they looked stronger, what does that say now?

I actually like Cal more than WSU this year. I'd still put WSU ahead of Oregon State, but not by miles.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll bet what vCash ya got left on me Beavz winning this coming sat…you get Nevada and i get me beavz SU on the ML kid.

$449?

i'll have the bet cash by 6:40 pst tonight.

what say you?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3