• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap do you have a man-crush on yer boy Peterson? You swing on his junk so often you've now reached trustmeimright & mazeNblew09 territory.

Trying to pimp him up on a daily basis won't help the Huskies reach their ultimate goal.
Why are you in a PAC 12 thread? You should be out there defending Urbs seeing how he needs all the help he can get atm.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you in a PAC 12 thread? You should be out there defending Urbs seeing how he needs all the help he can get atm.

I gotta bet for you loudmouth. Find 1 post of mine where I have ever defended him. If you can find one I will leave SportsHoopla for good. And when you don't find a single comment of mine defending Meyer you leave SportsHoopla.

You man enough to take the bet? Or do you not have a backbone? I said from the moment all the info was made public Meyer should have been fired for keeping Smith employed all these years.

Man-up AG! If you can.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU plays the pacs OSU this week. Im ok with it
Any fan from other conferences is fine to jump in and post here. Just not troll the piss out of it or turn it into yet another thread with 10 pages of pissing over Meyer. There's plenty of places for that already.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laviska Shenault is my hero

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, looks like us and Stanford will battle it out for the North again with UW fucking it up and sending lame ass Stanford to the Pac 12 championship game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Top 25 Takeaways: Pac-12 down not out after UW loss

Washington lost the game the Pac-12 needed to win. At least that's how the showdown with No. 9 Auburn was billed all offseason.

As a neutral site that was anything but, the sixth-ranked Huskies lost a sloppy rock fight of a football game in Atlanta on Saturday , the only top-10 matchup of the first full weekend of the season. Coming off a 1-8 bowl season and the second playoff shutout in four years, the Pac-12 needed an early boost to repair some of its tattered reputation.

The Huskies came up short in a flurry of red-zone failures, but writing off the entire conference is probably premature — especially Washington.

We should learn from history. In the first season of the playoff, the Big Ten was left for dead two weeks into the season when Virginia Tech beat Ohio State at home and Oregon beat Michigan State.

The Buckeyes didn't lose again and won the national title.

It is hard to see the Huskies going on that type of run. For all of Jake Browning's accuracy and toughness, the senior quarterback's physical limitations do seem to get exposed against top-flight competition.

But to dismiss the idea that Washington could run the Pac-12 table seems silly. And to think that another Pac-12 team could sweep through to a conference championship at 12-1 and that a close loss by Washington on the other side of the county without its star left tackle (Trey Adams was out with a back injury) would tip the scales against the whole league does not add up. Especially if Auburn contends in the Southeastern Conference.

There is a lot of football to be played. Patience, please. Though if you're a Michigan fan, it is understandable that your patience is running low.

chris-petersen-uw-620-620x370.jpg

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take too much from 1 game against a UTSA, but ASU does not look like a last place team to me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought USC played an "uneven" game.

The defense looked pretty good against an offense with some talent, but that isn't at PAC-12 level.

JT Daniels looked a lot like what he is, a very talented true freshman qb who is supposed to still be a high school senior. There were times where he looked a bit confused and some of his throws were off (and a running play where he turned the wrong way for the handoff, but still managed to run for 4 yards himself), then there were times where his talent allowed him to make some nice plays and throws.

It did take almost the entire first half before they figured out that you get more points for crossing the goal line with the ball than for kicking it through the goalposts though.

If the defense holds up, we should be okay while JT and the offense get going. If it doesn't, we could be in a little trouble as the season goes on.

I also wasn't very impressed with the o-line, especially in the first half. Need to get that shit figured out.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought USC played an "uneven" game.

The defense looked pretty good against an offense with some talent, but that isn't at PAC-12 level.

JT Daniels looked a lot like what he is, a very talented true freshman qb who is supposed to still be a high school senior. There were times where he looked a bit confused and some of his throws were off (and a running play where he turned the wrong way for the handoff, but still managed to run for 4 yards himself), then there were times where his talent allowed him to make some nice plays and throws.

It did take almost the entire first half before they figured out that you get more points for crossing the goal line with the ball than for kicking it through the goalposts though.

If the defense holds up, we should be okay while JT and the offense get going. If it doesn't, we could be in a little trouble as the season goes on.

I also wasn't very impressed with the o-line, especially in the first half. Need to get that shit figured out.

I'm still stuck with the thought that the O line coach could be the reason Helton fails. It's acceptable that the QB who could have been playing his senior in HS be a little nervous . But there's no reason the O line should keep looking like the same O line from last season and the season before. Not ready to get to crazy about it but they really need to give Daniels time because for all his abilities he's not Darnold who can make big plays out of busted plays and ad libbing. He's mobile when he needs to be but that's not his strength. He needs tie and rceivers who are where they are supposed to be. I was starting to get that last years Central Michigan (thats the right name right?) feeling but they did start making plays and look like they are a better team and have better players.

Hey did you notice Porter Gustin had 1 1/2 sacks and a fumble recovery? lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still stuck with the thought that the O line coach could be the reason Helton fails. It's acceptable that the QB who could have been playing his senior in HS be a little nervous . But there's no reason the O line should keep looking like the same O line from last season and the season before. Not ready to get to crazy about it but they really need to give Daniels time because for all his abilities he's not Darnold who can make big plays out of busted plays and ad libbing. He's mobile when he needs to be but that's not his strength. He needs tie and rceivers who are where they are supposed to be. I was starting to get that last years Central Michigan (thats the right name right?) feeling but they did start making plays and look like they are a better team and have better players.

Agree, and to be fair, the o-line played better as the game wore on. But it wasn't enough for me to think they are actually better. There were a lot of dropped passes early as well. In the first half, it seemed like Amon-Ra was the only receiver that actually could catch.

Hey did you notice Porter Gustin had 1 1/2 sacks and a fumble recovery? lol

Imagine how well he would have played if USC didn't rush him back? lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, and to be fair, the o-line played better as the game wore on. But it wasn't enough for me to think they are actually better. There were a lot of dropped passes early as well. In the first half, it seemed like Amon-Ra was the only receiver that actually could catch.

I saw that too. Dropped passes by Vaughns and Pittman. Both need to play like we know they can . It's nice to see Amon-Ra get his but I don't want these two get less balls thrown their way. The only way for the passing game to be productive against better defenses is if all three are threats. But for the first game I'm ok with Daniels leaning on the one he's most familiar with. We have to remember he was sharing first team reps all of camp because they didnt name him the starter till two weeks ago. So since it was his first game and he's thrown hundreds if not thousands to AMR I can see how that's who he looked for most of the time.
He's seriously looking like JuJU light out there .

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANY SCORE PREDICTIONS ON NEXT WEEKS GAME AT FRANK KUSH FIELD? ASU? MSU?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First game ever for a true freshman QB, the OL always takes longer than the defense to get it together and they got better as the game wore on. SC fans need to take a chill pill.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game ever for a true freshman QB, the OL always takes longer than the defense to get it together and they got better as the game wore on. SC fans need to take a chill pill.

As far as JT's performance, I said he was fine. He played like a very talented true freshman, which is what he is.

As for the o-line. We have been hearing about how the o-line was supposed to be a strength for a couple of years now. So far, that hasn't happened. They do fine against lesser teams, not so much against the better teams. Hell, they gave up 8 sacks in the bowl game vs. tOSU and that was with one of the more mobile qb's in all of cfb last year.

So, until we see actual improvement at a position that USC has traditionally excelled at...no we don't need to take a chill pill.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerves still recovering after that game yesterday.

Seems the respect factor is out there from the national press today which is nice to see. Goes to show its important to not cupcake up your OOC unless your Bama in these circumstances because it can come to bite you down the road.

But those terrible jobs in the redzone in the 3rd quarter and the ridiculous missed targeting call on our QB when the game was on the line leaves ya shaking your head.

This week were back to business. If the worst case scenario is we win the PAC and go to the Rose bowl, how in the hell do you call that a flop of a season.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerves still recovering after that game yesterday.

Seems the respect factor is out there from the national press today which is nice to see. Goes to show its important to not cupcake up your OOC unless your Bama in these circumstances because it can come to bite you down the road.

But those terrible jobs in the redzone in the 3rd quarter and the ridiculous missed targeting call on our QB when the game was on the line leaves ya shaking your head.

This week were back to business. If the worst case scenario is we win the PAC and go to the Rose bowl, how in the hell do you call that a flop of a season.
My dream scenario is that Washington goes 12 - 1 while defeating an undefeated USC in the PACCG.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream scenario is that Washington goes 12 - 1 while defeating an undefeated USC in the PACCG.

Gave up on the "have sex with a real woman" dream, didja?

Probably for the best.

Although, this new dream is likely to be just as disappointing for ya.