• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Next QB

C

cubzzzfanincali

Mettenberger was taken in the sixth round, it's not like they ponied the bank for him. If there's a guy they like available, they will take him. I'm not actually sure they have really given up on locker, though, who has slowly but reliably gotten better before he got hurt.

I think what is more likely is Tennessee will wind up trading with some team more qb desperate than they are. There are a few of them out there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gulp...OK...thanks a lot richig, you are now forcing me into the extremely uncomfortable position of praising Phil Rivers, who I don't even like as a QB and consider the biggest whiner in the NFL....but with your comment, you leave me no choice.

Phil Rivers didn't have to "turn it around" to be a success at a level beyond anything Cutler has ever sniffed. He is 87-54 as a QB, has taken his team to the playoffs on many occasions, and has won several games in the playoffs. Along the way, he had numerous really good seasons. I would LOVE to be able to draw an analogy to Phil Rivers from Jay Cutler. But.....it just can't be done. This is sacrilege to even try.

And making me stand up for Phil Rivers....goddamnit man, I am not gonna forgive you for this for a long time...

Yeah, I know. You're right.

I'm just trying to grab onto one of the final few really thin branches I have left, before I hit the ground. If that makes any sense…

I can't help it, I still like the guy. It's just that small voice in my head, that still manages to creep its way into my head every once in a while.

My ideal situation would be drafting Marriota/Winston and have them sit behind Jay for a year. If Jay comes out the first month, and it's the same old bull shit. He grabs a headset. Not sure what kind of shit storm that creates. Nor do I really know if it's a realistic scenario that the Bears draft a young QB early with Jay still here under that big contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gulp...OK...thanks a lot richig, you are now forcing me into the extremely uncomfortable position of praising Phil Rivers, who I don't even like as a QB and consider the biggest whiner in the NFL....but with your comment, you leave me no choice.

Phil Rivers didn't have to "turn it around" to be a success at a level beyond anything Cutler has ever sniffed. He is 87-54 as a QB, has taken his team to the playoffs on many occasions, and has won several games in the playoffs. Along the way, he had numerous really good seasons. I would LOVE to be able to draw an analogy to Phil Rivers from Jay Cutler. But.....it just can't be done. This is sacrilege to even try.

And making me stand up for Phil Rivers....goddamnit man, I am not gonna forgive you for this for a long time...

This is a great post Cubzzz.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a rookie QB next year. Oh, also a new coaching staff. Ya, and trade Cutler, Marshal, Forte. Blow this turd up. Put Clauson in now. Jay will play great now that it does not matter, he'll FK our draft up. Were looking at 2 years rebuilding here. There is no quick fix. Get something for the older guys now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gulp...OK...thanks richig, you are now forcing me into the extremely comfortable position of praising Phil Rivers, who I like as a QB and consider the biggest winner in the NFL....but with your comment, you leave me no choice.

And me stand up for Phil Rivers, man, I am for a long time...
............ This is what I read,there were a few words I could not make out. Wow Cali just wow.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 & Kirk Cousins For Sale!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is this era's Jeff George, but they really need to try and upgrade the defense. They were in the NFC title game not too long ago.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm.....

Cutler for RGIII would be good for both sides.....
Be shit for both sides. We would be trading a pile for a different pile.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sit RGIII out for a season and let him get healthy and he'd be just 25.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Be shit for both sides. We would be trading a pile for a different pile.

while I don't want to see this trade, a straight up trade would be great for us. RG3 is still on his rookie contract, so he's a rental lease, not a home purchase like Cutler.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I don't want to see this trade, a straight up trade would be great for us. RG3 is still on his rookie contract, so he's a rental lease, not a home purchase like Cutler.

The problem is that he's not good… and he's a prima donna on top of it.

Bad passers with attitude problems don't make good NFL QB's, last I checked.

But yes, I would almost consider it just for the financial gain. But I still likely would not...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but neither of us would end up with a real qb.

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have Kaepernick honestly. I feel the reason he is doing bad is because the owners want to protect there investment so they are trying to make him a pocket passer. Just let the kid run wild and he will produce.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have Kaepernick honestly. I feel the reason he is doing bad is because the owners want to protect there investment so they are trying to make him a pocket passer. Just let the kid run wild and he will produce.
No running QBs last long. Look at all the elite QBs and they all are pocket passers. And they stay healthy and play every week. The running QB phase has all but run it's coarse. The facts are in and running QBs can't stay on the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Running QB's never win in the long term, and they never win in the postseason.

Kaep is a BAD QB, and I would take Cutler over him 100x out of 100.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Running QB's never win in the long term, and they never win in the postseason.

Kaep is a BAD QB, and I would take Cutler over him 100x out of 100.

They don't? Maybe my memory is bad, but wasn't last year's SB winner a running QB? And...uhh...Kaepernick's playoff record is 4-2.

I don't particularly want a running QB, but I don't think your line of reasoning is why or really holds up all that well on this one.