• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Next QB

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I wanna know is do guys(and you know who you are) still think he is our best qb ever?

I laugh at this every time I read it.......

It's time for him to go....Winston or Mariota for next seasons qb.......Maybe Sanchez.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for him to go....Winston or Mariota for next seasons qb.......Maybe Sanchez.

While statistically he is the best bear QB ever, from a leadership stand point I'd take McMahon.

No to both Winston and Mariota. I don't care for the headache's Winston brings and his poor accuracy, unless you consider tossing the ball to the other team accurate. Mariota is a great running/spread offense QB, not an NFL quality QB, in my opinion.

Maybe Hundley if he comes out, in the second round.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I wanna know is do guys(and you know who you are) still think he is our best qb ever?

I laugh at this every time I read it..... Yes yes I do. I think he sucks monkey balls and is our best QB ever both. He is no Peter Tom Willis but he is great by Bear standards.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler (Bears) = .521 win%
Every other Bears QB since Jim McMahon = .478 win%

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he's still the Chicago Bears best QB ever, you can't dispute the stats. Bold/face value... he's got 'em. You want to debate about the pool we are fishing in- fine that's a different thing. (Bears list of QB's and the stats they have compared to Cutler, are like the best looking girl in Wisconsin. Sure she's girl-next-door cute, smells like beer and cheese and is always wearing camo or blaze orange... but put her in California and she doesn't even make the rating scale i.e. Jay vs the elite)

But you really think Butt-fumble Sanchez, a rookie with a HUGE array of off field issues, and a guy who won't be available when the Bears draft and experts are saying isn't really a franchise guy...not to mention they are ROOKIES...you think that is better? ugh.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't know. Probably? I think so? I don't really know, but yeah, he must be right?

The fact that this question even needs a response, and that I am not even 100% sure, is troubling.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a very good fantasy QB as most of his numbers come in junk time, but he is not a leader - he instills no confidence in me (looks at Bears record) or in the team for that matter.

What has he endured, having a top five running back in the backfield, a top 3 receiving tandem to throw to? True he has a o-line full of holes and a shoddy defense but so does Pittsburgh and they're going to the playoffs and play in a tougher division.

My point is he's no leader and Vandy sheepskin aside I don't find him to be than smart on the gridiron - apparently Denver concurs with me as they severed ties and have gone to a Super Bowl since whereas Jay has stayed at the same level of success.

LOL… wow. Jay Cutler was sacked far more per drop back than any other QB here up through 2013. He was beat to a living pulp, and he was throwing to kick returners as WR's and Kellen Davis. What short-term memories fans have.

I'm no Cutler backer at this point, not even close. But I'll sure as hell defend his toughness. He got beat to shit for years and got back up every time and kept playing. He played through a lot of injuries here. He still has a winning record as a QB here, and I believe he was something like 40-23 (1-1 playoffs) in his time under Lovie.

Cutler has been praised as being the brightest football mind on the Bears for quite sometime by players. I believe them. I just think he's an asshole, and I do agree that he lacks some leadership qualities. However, I find that to be near irrelevant, as many of the greatest QB's of all-time lacked leadership skills. Some, including Montana, were outright LOATHED by their teammates.

Jay is damaged goods at this point, and has CLEARLY regressed. However, I believe the Bears organization played more than their share in that. Jay was once a confident young QB with a huge ceiling. In 2010 and 2011 we saw flashes of him being great. Now… he's hears ghosts in the pocket and has a horrible case of the jumps/happy feet. He's ruined.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not even close. Yes. 100%… absolutely. Without a doubt.

Who? McMahon? LOL

I mean, if you're including Luckman… yeah, no shit. But I'm talking SB era.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see other QBs running to the OC looking at polaroids, and discussing next plays, but Jay Cutler is straight to the bench to pout, chomp on his fingernails, etc.

This is simply not true.

You see what you want to see.

I got to a lot of games, and sit on the Bears side. Jay is constantly looking at polaraids and talking with coaches/teammates.

There's a lot of shots of him not doing this during games, but that goes for every QB. They do what they need to when they come off of the field, and then wait to go back on.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply not true.

You see what you want to see.

I got to a lot of games, and sit on the Bears side. Jay is constantly looking at polaraids and talking with coaches/teammates.

There's a lot of shots of him not doing this during games, but that goes for every QB. They do what they need to when they come off of the field, and then wait to go back on.

I think it takes less time now too, with the microsoft surface being a sponsor of the game. There arent pages and pages to flip thru anymore, its a tablet that speeds up the process.

This is the whole McCown thing again though. Jay would at least talk to Josh on the sidelines. You dont see him talking to Claussen just like he never talked to Hanie, never talked to Campbell. Somehow Josh was able to talk to Jay, most probably because Josh made it clear his job was to back up Jay. Jay was the emphasis. Everyone else has been competition. It doesnt have to be much, just hey man, that safety is really cheating to Marshalls side. Little things like that open up Alshon and some 200 plus yard games. Thats part of what is hurting the team again. To me that shows some insecurity and insecurity leads to lack of confidence.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL… wow. Jay Cutler was sacked far more per drop back than any other QB here up through 2013. He was beat to a living pulp, and he was throwing to kick returners as WR's and Kellen Davis. What short-term memories fans have.

I'm no Cutler backer at this point, not even close. But I'll sure as hell defend his toughness. He got beat to shit for years and got back up every time and kept playing. He played through a lot of injuries here. He still has a winning record as a QB here, and I believe he was something like 40-23 (1-1 playoffs) in his time under Lovie.

Cutler has been praised as being the brightest football mind on the Bears for quite sometime by players. I believe them. I just think he's an asshole, and I do agree that he lacks some leadership qualities. However, I find that to be near irrelevant, as many of the greatest QB's of all-time lacked leadership skills. Some, including Montana, were outright LOATHED by their teammates.

Jay is damaged goods at this point, and has CLEARLY regressed. However, I believe the Bears organization played more than their share in that. Jay was once a confident young QB with a huge ceiling. In 2010 and 2011 we saw flashes of him being great. Now… he's hears ghosts in the pocket and has a horrible case of the jumps/happy feet. He's ruined.
:clap:
:suds:

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, you see 16 games, I only see like 5 of them, the sideline shots of Jay moping are more for Gruden's dramatic remarks. But the numbers of turnovers are not helping Jay. I actually like when Jay gets fired up, leaves the pocket and figures "f it, gonna chuck it" attitude, rather than going fetal all the time. he may as well be like Farve, cause he ain't ever going to be as mechanical as Brady, Brees or Rodgers.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He comes off like a completely normal 20 year old kid. The problem is, more is expected of a future NFL QB..

You said some crazy shit before but this takes the cake. He is a Nut case akin to Marshall before he helped himself and he seems to care less about getting help then being pampered. He is a thief and is extremely immature somebody you don't hand the keys to the franchise to and give him gas money. No way do the Bears need this jamoke