• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our next opponent

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The endzone throw was the only throw he's made this year that bothered me. That and the overthrow to Gabriel.
The missed pass to Robinson in the end zone against the Packers as well.

If you look at that one and the one to Gabriel, it's like you can jump inside Trubisky's head there. "Whoa, they're open, throw it quick!! :Throws ball quickly, misses: FUCK!!"

Just like some young QBs will be a split second late on some throws thanks to the speed of the game and their decision making needing to catch up. I think these are instances of the opposite: guy gets open and he rushes the throw to try to make up for the last play where he was too slow with the decision making.

If Trubisky performs like say Case Keenum could have in these past two games, then we win both easily and are probably at least +20 through two games with a dominant defense and an offense that can move the ball a bit. We're not that far away.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was by far his worst throw and decision combination so far.

Yeah, but one super reckless mistake is way easier to fix. A part of growing up. Accuracy on the deep ball is a bit more tricky and takes a little time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The missed pass to Robinson in the end zone against the Packers as well.

If you look at that one and the one to Gabriel, it's like you can jump inside Trubisky's head there. "Whoa, they're open, throw it quick!! :Throws ball quickly, misses: FUCK!!"

Just like some young QBs will be a split second late on some throws thanks to the speed of the game and their decision making needing to catch up. I think these are instances of the opposite: guy gets open and he rushes the throw to try to make up for the last play where he was too slow with the decision making.

If Trubisky performs like say Case Keenum could have in these past two games, then we win both easily and are probably at least +20 through two games with a dominant defense and an offense that can move the ball a bit. We're not that far away.

Exactly. We don't need Trubisky to yet be a top 10 QB to make a run at 10 wins. He can take his time developing. We just need him to be average to above average.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget about the sling pass to Howard that should have gotten intercepted instead Howard ran with it for ~14 yards.

While numbers only say 2 INTs Trubisky has been far worse than the stats say. He's done all this while being almost dead last in the league in yards/attempt. Trubisky has not been good at all. I seriously don't know what games you idiots are watching.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was by far his worst throw and decision combination so far.
100% worst so far. But also kinda wide open, over the top. A bloop to the back of the end zone where only our guy had a chance to make the catch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget about the sling pass to Howard that should have gotten intercepted instead Howard ran with it for ~14 yards.

While numbers only say 2 INTs Trubisky has been far worse than the stats say. He's done all this while being almost dead last in the league in yards/attempt. Trubisky has not been good at all. I seriously don't know what games you idiots are watching.
Same games as you. I never expected greatness right away. He is young and the offense is complicated. I hoped for a bit more right now and improvement by game 12. No panic here. Feel extra confident with Nagy coaching him up. Patience and enjoy the defense while you wait. .

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same games as you. I never expected greatness right away. He is young and the offense is complicated. I hoped for a bit more right now and improvement by game 12. No panic here. Feel extra confident with Nagy coaching him up. Patience and enjoy the defense while you wait. .

Who expected greatness right away? Who is panicking?

The thing about greatness is you can see spots of it early. You don't need to wait a whole year before you see greatness. But there isn't even a whisper with Trubisky. And that's the frustration and disappointment. Even Peyton Manning showed signs of greatness early his first year (where he won i think just 1 game). But instead of seeing a glimmer of it in Trubisky you see signs of failure. You see signs that make you worry:

* He does not handle pressure well at all.
* He does not know how to throw vertically from inside the pocket.
* The attribute he was known to have coming out of college has been absent: accuracy.

And to be clear, greatness is the bar with Trubisky. That is what i expect eventually with the #2 pick overall. At this point I am certain he'll never reach it. He'll probably just end up being an ok QB.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Trubisky ending up being an okay QB has nothing to do with:

* The city and the media of Chicago
* Glennon
* John Fox forcing him to go under center instead of shotgun (omg, seriously)

Three of the most absurd hypotheses raised by idiots in this thread.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% worst so far. But also kinda wide open, over the top. A bloop to the back of the end zone where only our guy had a chance to make the catch.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it could've been there, but the decision to bullet it in there was horrible...like you said.

Add to that, where it was at, and what it would've meant if it was picked off like it should've been, is where my thoughts reside regarding the choice for worst throw/decision.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who expected greatness right away? Who is panicking?

The thing about greatness is you can see spots of it early. You don't need to wait a whole year before you see greatness. But there isn't even a whisper with Trubisky. And that's the frustration and disappointment. Even Peyton Manning showed signs of greatness early his first year (where he won i think just 1 game). But instead of seeing a glimmer of it in Trubisky you see signs of failure. You see signs that make you worry:

* He does not handle pressure well at all.
* He does not know how to throw vertically from inside the pocket.
* The attribute he was known to have coming out of college has been absent: accuracy.

And to be clear, greatness is the bar with Trubisky. That is what i expect eventually with the #2 pick overall. At this point I am certain he'll never reach it. He'll probably just end up being an ok QB.
He's made some great , very accurate throws. He's shown some good pocket awareness and escapability, along with an ability to throw on the run and with different arm angles. There's a lot there to work with, remains to be seen how much of his potential gets realized.

Expecting greatness because he's a #2 overall pick is pretty stupid. How many "great" QBs can you say there are in the league at one time let alone picked in the top 10 of the draft? Is Roethlisberger great? Is/was Eli Manning ever really "great?"

The "great" QBs in the league this moment that come to mind are Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. Brady in the 6th (199th), Brees with the last pick in the 1st (31st) and Aaron Rodgers 24th. Notable/good guys still around after some time that were picked very high in the 1st are Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Alex Smith. There's just as many high 1st rounders that busted or became thoroughly average (Bradford, Young, Bortles, Winston, Mariota, Griffin, Tannehill, Locker, Sanchez, Russell, Leinart).

Are you expecting him to be on the level of Rodgers and Brady? Russell Wilson maybe? Matt Stafford? Prime Eli Manning? What's the standard here? We obviously know we don't want Sam Bradford or Matt Leinart out of this, but if he can become similarly good as a guy like Matt Ryan, i personally don't see how you don't consider that a successful pick and successful development.