• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our next opponent

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona. Not sure if the latest power rankings are out, but if/when they do post, the Cards will undoubtedly be listed as the #32 ranked team in the league. Hate to put such pressure on our boys, being that on any given Sunday, but we had better win this game and it really shouldn't even be all that close. We'll be facing plenty of opponents down the road who will give us fits, so now is the time to rack up the W's.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mack and the pass rush keeps this run going - they might just literally kill Sam Bradford. Who is 10x less athletic in the pocket than Rodgers/Wilson and also made of glass.

There are some intangible elements with both teams here. A young team like this could be susceptible to a let down after a Monday Night home opener victory. Plus, typically... NFL teams just don't get pounded into the ground three games in a row. Arizona has to be pretty humiliated and I think they'll really be in an "all hands on deck" mode to make this competitive.

That being said... even with the offense struggling to find a consistent rhythm thus far. It's just hard for me to imagine them being so bad that they lose this one. It'd take a lot of things going against us. Although, I've seen teams drop games like this before. So... we shall see.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're bigly bad.

Defense should be more than able to win this game. Crossing fingers to see development from Trubisky. The first pick was straight up underthrown with no legit threat of a safety coming to pick it off. If anything you want to lolipop that throw a bit and give Robinson a chance to either run under it or make it a long jumpball; which Robinson is equipped to win. Trubisky has enough arm to do that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're bigly bad.

Defense should be more than able to win this game. Crossing fingers to see development from Trubisky. The first pick was straight up underthrown with no legit threat of a safety coming to pick it off. If anything you want to lolipop that throw a bit and give Robinson a chance to either run under it or make it a long jumpball; which Robinson is equipped to win. Trubisky has enough arm to do that.

His fucking feet were all over the map on that throw. It's really basic mechanics with Trubs, and for that matter most athletic QBs that are young.

Kid does some great-to-amazing things, and then some pretty bad things too. Perfect examples would be the overthrow to Gabriel that would've been a huge gain at the very least, and likely even a TD if in stride, vs. the ridiculous throw to Cohen after extending the play in crazy fashion.

First one should've been the easy throw. Second one he made look easy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're bigly bad.

I read in one of the local post game articles that the opinion on the INT intended for Robinson, Trubisky might have been attempting to compensate for the overthrows he had previously made and pulled the string on the pass, resulting in the underthrown INT. Of course this is by no means excusing him, but I mentioned before that I usually don't get too worked up over a downfield INT, as it often replicates a punt of sorts. Again, we just have to be patient and see how he progresses down the road.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s got a good three “cupcake” games (if you don’t believe the hype around the bucs). I think he has gained some good experience against solid defenses and now he’s got a chance to build confidence for a few games while continuing to learn the offense. These next three games are crucial.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read in one of the local post game articles that the opinion on the INT intended for Robinson, Trubisky might have been attempting to compensate for the overthrows he had previously made and pulled the string on the pass, resulting in the underthrown INT. Of course this is by no means excusing him, but I mentioned before that I usually don't get too worked up over a downfield INT, as it often replicates a punt of sorts. Again, we just have to be patient and see how he progresses down the road.
Clear under throw, but it seemed like Robinson could have tried to play defense, but didn't. Instead of jumping toward the ball, he jumped for no reason, away from the ball/defender.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clear under throw, but it seemed like Robinson could have tried to play defense, but didn't. Instead of jumping toward the ball, he jumped for no reason, away from the ball/defender.
From what I remember, Robinson had no play on the ball. His momentum was carrying him away from the ball and it was under thrown. I don’t think he had a chance to play defense on that play.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should win this game easily.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s got a good three “cupcake” games (if you don’t believe the hype around the bucs). I think he has gained some good experience against solid defenses and now he’s got a chance to build confidence for a few games while continuing to learn the offense. These next three games are crucial.

I don't really buy the Bucs hype and think they faced two bad D's. Fitz will wind-up returning to Earth. However... it's hard to say that they're "bad" right now or a "cupcake". Monday vs PIT may be telling of where BOTH of those teams are going.

Miami is also 2-0. So, I don't know how easy those two games are anymore. I used to love all three of these games. Now I only love one and feel decent about the others. I do like that Tampa is at home. Historically, they're a poor team when heading up north.

After NE. We have a couple with Detroit and one with Buffalo too. Hopefully we find ways to win the games we're supposed to, which... winning lends itself to confidence. Which could helps us eventually become a legitimately good team down the stretch. I expect the offense to start rolling downhill a bit by mid-season - more so than now, at the very least.

The D should only get better as Roquan gets settled, Mack gets conditioned and Floyd gets healthy. Let's hold our breath for health. As it's the only thing that could possibly stop them from being dominant, IMO.

If we can find a way with these games. The schedule could setup perfectly with our big tests coming later on.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really buy the Bucs hype and think they faced two bad D's. Fitz will wind-up returning to Earth. However... it's hard to say that they're "bad" right now or a "cupcake". Monday vs PIT may be telling of where BOTH of those teams are going.

Miami is also 2-0. So, I don't know how easy those two games are anymore. I used to love all three of these games. Now I only love one and feel decent about the others. I do like that Tampa is at home. Historically, they're a poor team when heading up north.

After NE. We have a couple with Detroit and one with Buffalo too. Hopefully we find ways to win the games we're supposed to, which... winning lends itself to confidence. Which could helps us eventually become a legitimately good team down the stretch. I expect the offense to start rolling downhill a bit by mid-season - more so than now, at the very least.

The D should only get better as Roquan gets settled, Mack gets conditioned and Floyd gets healthy. Let's hold our breath for health. As it's the only thing that could possibly stop them from being dominant, IMO.

If we can find a way with these games. The schedule could setup perfectly with our big tests coming later on.

Bucs and Dolphins DEFINITELY cannot be considered as "cupcakes".

Tannehill is 9-1 in his last 10 starts.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have to see the play again, but I remember it being so underthrown that he had no play on it.

I'd have to watch it again too, but it seemed like there was a slight push off too by the DB that really took away any chance of fighting back towards it.

FTR, I kinda thought the subsequent hit/"block" that Griffin's teammate laid on Robinson, after the pick, was kind of a bush league, cheap shot.

It was a poorly thrown ball tho. Get it up there and let ARII got get it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d have to see the play again, but I remember it being so underthrown that he had no play on it.

Yeah, if you think AR could have stopped and come back on that ball. Go outside, sprint 40-50 yards as fast as you can, stop on a dime and jump backwards towards the way you came in a grand total of a split second.

It's just not reasonable. He was full steam in the polar opposite direction. You'll see WR's make good defensive plays, but usually on post, slant or dig routes when you're a bit more parallel to the DB looking back to the QB. OR... when the QB puts more air under it. Which Trubisky put none and also cut into AR's possible reaction time.

I didn't think the tipped INT was bad. That stuff happens and it appeared he would have hit Miller for a 10 yard gain or so. That INT, though? Not good. The Gabriel miss, that INT and the 3rd & goal end zone rocket ball were really the three only poor throws. However, they were rather glaring. Hopefully he cleans it up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you think AR could have stopped and come back on that ball. Go outside, sprint 40-50 yards as fast as you can, stop on a dime and jump backwards towards the way you came in a grand total of a split second.

It's just not reasonable. He was full steam in the polar opposite direction. You'll see WR's make good defensive plays, but usually on post, slant or dig routes when you're a bit more parallel to the DB looking back to the QB. OR... when the QB puts more air under it. Which Trubisky put none and also cut into AR's possible reaction time.

I didn't think the tipped INT was bad. That stuff happens and it appeared he would have hit Miller for a 10 yard gain or so. That INT, though? Not good. The Gabriel miss, that INT and the 3rd & goal end zone rocket ball were really the three only poor throws. However, they were rather glaring. Hopefully he cleans it up.
I agree with this assessment. I think Trubisky is still learning, so we will continue to hit road bumps probably throughout the entire season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is 9-1 in his last 10 starts.

Didn't even realize this...

You're right, though. I recall they didn't exactly have a strong SOS in 2016. Nor have they so far.

Gase is still a solid coach in my book, IMO. I think they're solid and it's a road game. So, yeah...