• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our First College Football Draft : CHAT

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly love the debate. Even if I don’t agree this is more entertaining than most of our drafts.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stereotyping me being Asian. Racist.
I'm Asian
tumblr_ofic4fq86K1tju2q8o1_400.gif

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, guys... what did I miss?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play-in games

UK vs Shane
Ducey vs Meebs
Ritz vs Sushi
Devil vs Milk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone please make your last pick, I don't wanna sit around all day waiting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone please make your last pick, I don't wanna sit around all day waiting.

I love when we get to the "fuck it" part of the draft.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, guys... what did I miss?

After much debate and some honest hostility, we were able to come to a consensus that John Elway is in fact overrated AF.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but we do it in baseball all the time... it is like how nobody trusts pre 1900 players, and we avoid all but the biggest names of players before the 1930s...

if we just based it on numbers, then we would be saying some of these players are so much better than they were... But the numbers are not all trustworthy... and size of players matter too... Just ask all 5'7 draftee last baseball draft...

basketball we do it too, we avoid the ABA players like a plague...

NFL drafts we do it too, we avoid most of the players who played before 1960s...

Why?? because we just don't believe due to size or whatever aspect, that they are as good as other players... and we cant ONLY base it on numbers, due to weaker competition or whatever...

What is nice about the college football draft, is that we can quantify these players BETTER because there were smarter people than any of us analyzing these players too...
I happen to think old time baseball players were as good or better than today's. Baseball is the one sport that you can compare eras because rules haven't totally skewed the numbers. People are gaga over James Hardens scoring numbers, but if MJ played today where you can't hand check and there are no bigs waiting to knock him down at the rim he scores every time. If Dan Marino played in a league where you couldn't grab recievers at the line, crush them at the point of contact, and QBs couldn't be touched...
Baseball is basically the same game. Once the roids were cracked down on, guys started hitting power numbers that were comparable to every other era. Guys work out more now, are bigger, but an average guy was stronger back then than guys now, everything is automated now while EVERYTHING back then was manual labor. Take a look at the forearms on a guy changing tires vs the pipes on a guy 30,40,50 years ago. Look at the forearms on Mickey Mantle sometime.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to think old time baseball players were as good or better than today's. Baseball is the one sport that you can compare eras because rules haven't totally skewed the numbers. People are gaga over James Hardens scoring numbers, but if MJ played today where you can't hand check and there are no bigs waiting to knock him down at the rim he scores every time. If Dan Marino played in a league where you couldn't grab recievers at the line, crush them at the point of contact, and QBs couldn't be touched...
Baseball is basically the same game. Once the roids were cracked down on, guys started hitting power numbers that were comparable to every other era. Guys work out more now, are bigger, but an average guy was stronger back then than guys now, everything is automated now while EVERYTHING back then was manual labor. Take a look at the forearms on a guy changing tires vs the pipes on a guy 30,40,50 years ago. Look at the forearms on Mickey Mantle sometime.

James Harden is the weakest NBA superstar in the history of the game. Facts.

The only thing I take issue with always in the Jordan debate is that while, yes more physicality was allowed, he played against lesser athletes at least earlier in his career. It's undeniable that guys in today's game are bigger, faster and stronger than in MJ's era. So I mean yes, MJ would dominate in today's game by the rules, but also if you put the guys in today's era back in MJ's days and allow them to be physical, they COULD have potentially given him some issues too. Just saying the argument kind of works both ways.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden is the weakest NBA superstar in the history of the game. Facts.

The only thing I take issue with always in the Jordan debate is that while, yes more physicality was allowed, he played against lesser athletes at least earlier in his career. It's undeniable that guys in today's game are bigger, faster and stronger than in MJ's era. So I mean yes, MJ would dominate in today's game by the rules, but also if you put the guys in today's era back in MJ's days and allow them to be physical, they COULD have potentially given him some issues too. Just saying the argument kind of works both ways.
Yeah, IDK...there are better athletes today as a whole, but not necessarily at the top. Take MJ..I've never seen anyone, even today that could duplicate his free throw line dunk. Guys can jump from there, but haven't seen anyone bringing the ball back like that. And Dominique, Vince Carter...Doesn't seem like it, but we are talking 30 years ago on some of these guys

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, IDK...there are better athletes today as a whole, but not necessarily at the top. Take MJ..I've never seen anyone, even today that could duplicate his free throw line dunk. Guys can jump from there, but haven't seen anyone bringing the ball back like that. And Dominique, Vince Carter...Doesn't seem like it, but we are talking 30 years ago on some of these guys

I've seen that happen lots of times, just not with top tier NBA players. But at the same time MJ was the reason for the development of today's modern day athletes. They saw what he could do, and there was a shift in the 90's where teams were drafting freak athletes trying to replicate what MJ does. Just like now you're starting to see a shift of teams trying to draft the next Steph Curry. Previous to that it was the next Dirk. NBA is different in that it goes through cycles where you have a catalyst that shifts the style of play.

So Jordan was absolutely dominant in his heyday against athletes who weren't comparable to himself. That's not a knock on his greatness. It's just saying that even with the rule shift, it's really difficult to cross compare NBA era's because of player development. I guess you could similarly compare this to football too.

Watch Zach Lavine in his dunk contests and the freak athlete he is. Or watch James White who played in the NBA and in the NCAA dunk contest was doing TWO HAND dunks from the freethrow line. He did a WINDMILL dunk from the freethrow line and was an inch off of completing a dunk from the freethrow line BETWEEN HIS FRIGGIN LEGS.