• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our First College Football Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen that happen lots of times, just not with top tier NBA players. But at the same time MJ was the reason for the development of today's modern day athletes. They saw what he could do, and there was a shift in the 90's where teams were drafting freak athletes trying to replicate what MJ does. Just like now you're starting to see a shift of teams trying to draft the next Steph Curry. Previous to that it was the next Dirk. NBA is different in that it goes through cycles where you have a catalyst that shifts the style of play.

So Jordan was absolutely dominant in his heyday against athletes who weren't comparable to himself. That's not a knock on his greatness. It's just saying that even with the rule shift, it's really difficult to cross compare NBA era's because of player development. I guess you could similarly compare this to football too.

Watch Zach Lavine in his dunk contests and the freak athlete he is. Or watch James White who played in the NBA and in the NCAA dunk contest was doing TWO HAND dunks from the freethrow line. He did a WINDMILL dunk from the freethrow line and was an inch off of completing a dunk from the freethrow line BETWEEN HIS FRIGGIN LEGS.

That ain't the MJ dunk....and James White and Zach Levine are scrubs with athletic ability, not great players.
Dunks aside, Jordan could average 50 a game in today's game. It is what it is

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I see those picks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ain't the MJ dunk....and James White and Zach Levine are scrubs with athletic ability, not great players.

Lavine is becoming a pretty solid player. 23 a game, 35% from 3 and only 23 years old.

But, I do think MJ would have a little more trouble with the athletic ability that these guys have now, as a whole the league has a lot more athletes. As unstoppable as MJ was back then he would still be a great scorer but I highly doubt he could just abuse these athletes nowadays. The rules do play a part but it goes both ways. Impossible to compare imo.

I mean Harden is on one of the all-time scoring frenzies we have ever seen but shoots a low percentage, gets 20 FT's a game and shoots 20 3's a game. He is a fraud imo. And he is averaging 35 a game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I see we're at an impasse. No worries, just have different philosophy's on the game shift. I'm not trying to compare White or Lavine to MJ, only illustrating the level of athleticism has leaped, in large part due to MJ.

Lebron, Giannis, KD, are modern day freaks of nature with their size and athleticism. Did you ever think you'd see the day where you saw a 7'0" with a handle and shot like KD? Or did you see how Lebron who's got the body type of a linebacker dominating? There are plenty other examples over the last 20 years, those are just off the top of my head.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lavine is Jimmer with a vertical. So glad Minny got rid of him before that joke of a contract.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavine is Jimmer with a vertical. So glad Minny got rid of him before that joke of a contract.

Jimmer is a China legend. How dare you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lavine is getting better lol. Jimmer scores 70 a game now :eyebrows:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavine is getting better lol. Jimmer scores 70 a game now :eyebrows:

And lavine would also score 70 in China, with more flashy dunks! However he allows more points than he scores. Maybe he gets to a point where he is an acceptable defender so his offense is a positive.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I see we're at an impasse. No worries, just have different philosophy's on the game shift. I'm not trying to compare White or Lavine to MJ, only illustrating the level of athleticism has leaped, in large part due to MJ.

Lebron, Giannis, KD, are modern day freaks of nature with their size and athleticism. Did you ever think you'd see the day where you saw a 7'0" with a handle and shot like KD? Or did you see how Lebron who's got the body type of a linebacker dominating? There are plenty other examples over the last 20 years, those are just off the top of my head.

Right, the rule changes make it difficult to compare but Giannis and some of the others guys you mentioned are FREAKS. They are easily more freakish than MJ and he was pretty freaky. With their size and length they are literally unstoppable. I don't care how unstoppable MJ was he would have trouble defending and he wouldn't be scoring 50 a night. I do believe he would be an elite scorer, like harden, except better defensively.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, the rule changes make it difficult to compare but Giannis and some of the others guys you mentioned are FREAKS. They are easily more freakish than MJ and he was pretty freaky. With their size and length they are literally unstoppable. I don't care how unstoppable MJ was he would have trouble defending and he wouldn't be scoring 50 a night. I do believe he would be an elite scorer, like harden, except better defensively.
Absurd

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly MJ just had the it factor. You just saw it when he played. I think it's a disservice to say he'd be a better defensive Harden. I would imagine his impact to be at the very least equal to the impact Lebron has had. Jordan in addition to being the greatest player ever, is also the best two way player in the history of the league too.

There are plenty of factors why I don't believe Jordan would average even 40 a game in this generation, but I've tried to argue this on the NBA unsuccessfully (mostly with bulls fans though). But I still think he's THE dominant player of the era and Lebron would be secondary. Just again because of that it factor.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I get that, but I try and view it apples to apples. I don't think it's so much that guys are born more athletic now, I think it's more about the advantages they have. If say Wilt, or KAJ or Shaq had been born in 1995 with the exact same genetics they were originally born with, and had the chance to go to camps and AAU and personal trainers and advanced nutrition and steroids(LBJ has juiced his whole life, as has Zion. JMO, but before you say it's only in the NFL and NBA, I say Lance Armstrong).
You are totally right in that overall, the athletes today are superior as a whole, and that their skill levels are at an all time high. I would say that each game has lost something over the years though. I think rule changes have negatively impacted both the NBA and NFL, but that's just an old man's opinion.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Ducey and Devil to make their last picks

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One More

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm tired of waiting... :yo:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pick a USC guy and let's get this shit started son!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else excited about the healthy debates that are going to take place during these matchups? I am.