• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our fanbase is freaking out over redshirting O'brien

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got on the roof today to see what it was all about, it was aight. My wife put me on jäger restriction as result, more like an extension of the original policy

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I know this is a bit off topic, but the Ole Miss QB sure has placed a target on his back. I hope TA doesn't see that because he may get jealous and say he's the best QB in the nation!...
Ole Miss' Kelly: 'I'm the best QB in the nation'

He's a very good quarterback. Definitely the best in the SEC by far and DEFINITELY better than TA. Deshaun Watson is somewhere laughing though.

Problem is, they just had a mass exodus of talent to the NFL including his top receiver and what could have been the number 1 overall pick at left tackle. We'll see how good he is when it's all on him to make things work.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's a very good quarterback. Definitely the best in the SEC by far and DEFINITELY better than TA. Deshaun Watson is somewhere laughing though.

Problem is, they just had a mass exodus of talent to the NFL including his top receiver and what could have been the number 1 overall pick at left tackle. We'll see how good he is when it's all on him to make things work.

Yes, even the best QBs need a good supporting cast.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tommy and Fyfe go down I say we just run wildcat with DPE the rest of the year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tommy goes down we're fucked, mine as well put the POB in and take our medicine

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Tommy goes down we're fucked, mine as well put the POB in and take our medicine

We'll still win 7 games with Fyfe in there, but maybe even more if they don't have him passing 40 to 50 times per game. By the way, an offensive linemen is out for the season, Gerald Foster. ACL tear.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is redshirted. Is there like a different rules for practice or game action (obviously he can't play)

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm aware, it's really up to the coach on how they would use the guy, or not in a practice, letting the majority of snaps go to the guys higher up the chain

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, from my understanding it's really about what you do at practice. as a redshirt/not playing this year due to transfer (Lee) they will lead the scout team and be seeing our 1st team defense thus getting some good experience even if it isn't our offense they are running week in and week out. but as 3rd string QB, you couldn't risk the injury, so they spend more time on the game plan and getting just a few practice reps against the scout team D.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll still win 7 games with Fyfe in there, but maybe even more if they don't have him passing 40 to 50 times per game. By the way, an offensive linemen is out for the season, Gerald Foster. ACL tear.
We lost to Purdue with that clown at QB last year. We'd be lucky to win 7 quarters with Fyfe as QB in a year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if Barney is an actual clown or not but I agree with Scorn here, we absolutely can't afford to piss away another possibly great recruiting class, something we really need to get us over the slump. Another 6-7 win season isn't going to go over well in any regard, all hypothetical now but we just need a guy to get the ball to our playmakers. Shouldn't be that difficult but yet it has been for several years beyond just handing the ball off to the RB every single play

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, POB will get plenty of reps in the 2nd half of the Oregon game when we're up 35 points

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll still win 7 games with Fyfe in there, but maybe even more if they don't have him passing 40 to 50 times per game. By the way, an offensive linemen is out for the season, Gerald Foster. *MCL tear.

FTFY

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, POB will get plenty of reps in the 2nd half of the Oregon game when we're up 35 points

Brand new defense is only gonna make an already awful secondary either 1. Just as bad as last year 2. Even worse (If that's even possible)

Tommy should be able to rip them to fucking shreds. Tear them a new god damned asshole.

Great LB play and DB's staying within the scheme is the key to beating the Ducks spread option. The DE's need to make snap decisions on read option and the DT's need to clog the middle. I'm worried about the secondary, but maybe they'll finally shake Bo's old techniques. Not saying they were bad, but when we had breakdowns it was because guys panicked reverted mid game.

If we don't make dumb mistakes (turnovers, penalties, reverting), we will handle them.

Last edited:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing with Oregon is not allowing the big play. Make them drive all the way down the field and shut them down in the red zone where their OL is forced to pick up the slack. Their OL play is the most atrocious I've ever seen for a perennial powerhouse team.

We may not be a top 10 run defense this year, but all we need is top 25 to really keep our offense in games assuming the secondary sees marked improvement.