• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our banner just ain't good enough...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I didn't realize it was that hard. I just figured there was some software UTvol had that made it easy to cut and blend like that.

Still LOL @ the people who are getting worked up about it. I didnt think it would be such a big deal to ask for a new banner.

If you don't care about the banner/don't look at it, then don't chime in with "who cares" or "stfu". Either have a real suggestion or opinion or don't say anything.

I mean, for UTVol it might not be that hard.........I just know it's very hard for me. I spent hours and hours making that banner that I made before ye fuckers shot it down :pout:

The software does allow you to cut and blend and all that, but making the pieces come together and fit just right is difficult. And it takes quite a bit of practice with the software to make it work the way you want though too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I didn't realize it was that hard. I just figured there was some software UTvol had that made it easy to cut and blend like that.

Still LOL @ the people who are getting worked up about it. I didnt think it would be such a big deal to ask for a new banner.

If you don't care about the banner/don't look at it, then don't chime in
with "who cares" or "stfu". Either have a real suggestion or opinion or don't say anything.

I gave my 'opinion'.

Since it wasn't my work (nor did I attempt any) I can't be critical, only thankful.

I gave my 'suggestion'.

How about you do it yourself. Are you paying for it? Are you project manager?

In Photoshop. You have to largly expand the picture you intend to place on the background, trace around the image, save it, and place it on the background in layers. The banner also needs to be sized correctly.

I can do it, but I'm too fucking lazy, and smart enough not to give you something to bitch about.

LOL @ you getting all defensive. That says it all.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, for UTVol it might not be that hard.........I just know it's very hard for me. I spent hours and hours making that banner that I made before ye fuckers shot it down :pout:

The software does allow you to cut and blend and all that, but making the pieces come together and fit just right is difficult. And it takes quite a bit of practice with the software to make it work the way you want though too.

I remember your attempts, and thank you for your efforts just as much as I do UTVols.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave my 'opinion'.

Since it wasn't my work (nor did I attempt any) I can't be critical, only thankful.

I gave my 'suggestion'.

How about you do it yourself. Are you paying for it? Are you project manager?

In Photoshop. You have to largly expand the picture you intend to place on the background, trace around the image, save it, and place it on the background in layers. The banner also needs to be sized correctly.

I can do it, but I'm too fucking lazy, and smart enough not to give you something to bitch about.

LOL @ you getting all defensive. That says it all.

You've not contributed a single constructive thing to this thread. The banner is being changed no thanks to you.

:stfu:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Don't be so butthurt for being called out.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate vol dude doing them for us.....

But the fact remains that we are the premier team board on all of SportsHoopla- and our banner should reflect as much.

I'll be taking up donations.... I will then contract with a image consultant to build us a plethora of banners in which we can rotate on a regular basis.

:pound:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a character limit for a post. We learned last year that with all hat we want on the post, we would exceed that limit. Therefore we adapted.

I don't see an issue with stickies. You have to scroll like an inch? When the Hokies complain I will change it. I think that the thread views speak to how easily and readily they are searched.

If four stickies are our biggest problem....well....

I mean we got a cease and desist from Rivals, we must be doing something right. None of us even have a Rivals membership, lol.

Our board is jest better is all..........

:dance:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ all ye getting all worked.....

I was jest stating that this is the best board on all of the SportsHoopla, and I like a few other banners better than ours is all........

I actually didn't see a reason for thee old banner to be changed cuz it was fucking amazing- but...... some of ye think change is good... :noidea:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..... this is the premier team board on SportsHoopla......

Hokies are close behind....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..... this is the premier team board on SportsHoopla......

Hokies are close behind....

Much respect to the hokie board though. Love those guys.

Bama guys are all great too.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fellers, theses aren't final, just some ideas I wanted to present at todays banner hearing...

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0KBk7.jpg

CxKh3.jpg

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not really hard, just takes time, lol. I'd say on average 4-5 hours. Even the simplest banner takes at least a couple hours.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top one

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really hard, just takes time, lol. I'd say on average 4-5 hours. Even the simplest banner takes at least a couple hours.

Dude thanks they all look fucking AWESOME!!!

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with any one of those three. Seriously good shit.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for the 3rd one. Love the blackshirts logo.