• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our banner just ain't good enough...

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working on a secret project...banner X 2 0 :spy:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTVol, you should make a Nebraska banner with the Cap One bowl scoreboard, a pic of Dennard sitting on the sidelines after being thrown out, and Alshon stretched out over the goal line on that hail Mary TD and see if Ghost will post it and leave it up for a week or two.
Then maybe the current one would be more appreciated. :dhd:

:pout:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTVol, you should make a Nebraska banner with the Cap One bowl scoreboard, a pic of Dennard sitting on the sidelines after being thrown out, and Alshon stretched out over the goal line on that hail Mary TD and see if Ghost will post it and leave it up for a week or two.
Then maybe the current one would be more appreciated. :dhd:

That's deep-space cold man.

Shaking_head.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working on a secret project...banner X 2 0 :spy:

Fuckin' do it to these unappreciative Gen Y brats

For criticizing the work of others, yet not having the nads to put their own talent/creativity on the table for discussion.

Not to mention there were at least two weeks of opportunity to provide suggestions to you.

I'm :L

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, Offense, Target.........

Rather unneccesary...... I would think one sticky would be sufficient

I doubt many people search VT Offense commitments, VT Defensive commitments- no sir- they search VT Football Commitments

Not trying to tell you how to run your pad- just sayin I would bitch about all the stickies if I was a VT poster...

There is a character limit for a post. We learned last year that with all hat we want on the post, we would exceed that limit. Therefore we adapted.

I don't see an issue with stickies. You have to scroll like an inch? When the Hokies complain I will change it. I think that the thread views speak to how easily and readily they are searched.

If four stickies are our biggest problem....well....

I mean we got a cease and desist from Rivals, we must be doing something right. None of us even have a Rivals membership, lol.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah. I had loads of suggestions for the last banner. I was the one who asked for Kenny Bell. I also was about to suggest that we incorporate something relating to the blackshirts in there. PM on the way UTvol.

I already stated I don't like the fonts, and most of us have stated we don't like the fact that every player is displaying horrible ball security.

No one demanded he remake it, and if he didn't I would just find out what software he was using and make one myself. No one was disrespectful about it either.

HH and I both mentioned that we very much appreciate his work. :)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares what VT is doing on their board....If they like it...Good - They should like it and want to come here

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also..am I the only one that doesn't really pay attention to banners?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a character limit for a post. We learned last year that with all hat we want on the post, we would exceed that limit. Therefore we adapted.

I don't see an issue with stickies. You have to scroll like an inch? When the Hokies complain I will change it. I think that the thread views speak to how easily and readily they are searched.

If four stickies are our biggest problem....well....

I mean we got a cease and desist from Rivals, we must be doing something right. None of us even have a Rivals membership, lol.

TL: DR

jk :dhd:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah. I had loads of suggestions for the last banner. I was the one who asked for Kenny Bell. I also was about to suggest that we incorporate something relating to the blackshirts in there. PM on the way UTvol.

I already stated I don't like the fonts, and most of us have stated we don't like the fact that every player is displaying horrible ball security.

No one demanded he remake it, and if he didn't I would just find out what software he was using and make one myself. No one was disrespectful about it either.

HH and I both mentioned that we very much appreciate his work. :)

Put something up as an optiion or

:stfu:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually repped UTVol the other day and thanked him for his work :dhd:

No offense to ye Brasky, but even if you did find out what software he's using, it's hard as hell to make that shit if you haven't been doing it for years already. I've been doing graphic design to go along with my web designing for about 10 years now, and the software doesn't do any of thee work for you.......that much I know.......it just simply allows you to do some things that other programs (like Paint) do not.

I gotta be honest..........I can't even believe that UTVol does this for free like he does...........the amount of editing and fine tuning that it takes to cut clean graphics like that is all done manually........even with thee software.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also add, I have a special edition piece of Photoshop software on my PC...........and I would never have been able to make that banner that he made.........well, I could have made it, I just wouldn't have been able to picture it all in my head that way.

Ye all remember my attempt at making a banner..........that was as good as I can do.

For every 25 graphic designers that exist, there is maybe 1 who is creative enough to be decent at it. UTVol is damn good at it.

I've been trying for a long time, and I can picture awesome layouts in my mind, but then when it comes time do put it together, it just doesn't fit.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually repped UTVol the other day and thanked him for his work :dhd:

No offense to ye Brasky, but even if you did find out what software he's using, it's hard as hell to make that shit if you haven't been doing it for years already. I've been doing graphic design to go along with my web designing for about 10 years now, and the software doesn't do any of thee work for you.......that much I know.......it just simply allows you to do some things that other programs (like Paint) do not.

I gotta be honest..........I can't even believe that UTVol does this for free like he does...........the amount of editing and fine tuning that it takes to cut clean graphics like that is all done manually........even with thee software.

I will also add, I have a special edition piece of Photoshop software on my PC...........and I would never have been able to make that banner that he made.........well, I could have made it, I just wouldn't have been able to picture it all in my head that way.

Ye all remember my attempt at making a banner..........that was as good as I can do.

For every 25 graphic designers that exist, there is maybe 1 who is creative enough to be decent at it. UTVol is damn good at it.

I've been trying for a long time, and I can picture awesome layouts in my mind, but then when it comes time do put it together, it just doesn't fit.

Wow I didn't realize it was that hard. I just figured there was some software UTvol had that made it easy to cut and blend like that.

Still LOL @ the people who are getting worked up about it. I didnt think it would be such a big deal to ask for a new banner.

If you don't care about the banner/don't look at it, then don't chime in with "who cares" or "stfu". Either have a real suggestion or opinion or don't say anything.