• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My way too early June draft possibilities

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey we should be able to get in a 16 game schedule. it works for football! in fact, just start with the playoffs. 1 game 15 teams vs the other 15 leaving us with 15 teams. then draw one loser from a hat to continue on. 16 teams 1 game brings it down to 8 teams à la college basketball. 8 down to 4 then 4 to 2 then have a three game world series! hell, we could do this in one week! then of course treat the 36 players who come down with covid 19, bury the three that don't make it, then figure out how we'll play next season!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey we should be able to get in a 16 game schedule. it works for football! in fact, just start with the playoffs. 1 game 15 teams vs the other 15 leaving us with 15 teams. then draw one loser from a hat to continue on. 16 teams 1 game brings it down to 8 teams à la college basketball. 8 down to 4 then 4 to 2 then have a three game world series! hell, we could do this in one week! then of course treat the 36 players who come down with covid 19, bury the three that don't make it, then figure out how we'll play next season!
Lucky for us the millions of people that have been marching and protesting around the globe and packed like sardines aren't spreading the virus.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say - I'm happy with the first two picks - both guys I thought the Sox should get. We always need more pitching.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just finished watching the first two rounds that I've been recording due to being out of town yesterday. I'm pleasantly shocked that we were able to snag Kelley with the 47th pick. From the early 20's on, I kept expecting to hear his name called. I didn't really hear a full explanation as to why he dropped so far down, other than there was a brief mention of a possible signability issue, as in will he end up blowing off the draft and choosing college instead. Other than that, I have no idea why he could have dropped this far. Hope we can sign the kid.

As for our first pick Crochet, I labeled him in my initial analysis as a high risk/high reward selection. Insane FB and a very good slider, but injury issues could come into play here. If he stays healthy and nails down his changeup as a consistent 3rd pitch, he could be one of the best picks in the entire draft.

Ok, back to the TV to finish catching up on tonite's remaining draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, all five picks were pitchers.

2020 MLB Draft: Tracking White Sox selections on Day 2

But it appears that the Sox are really making sure they at least get their top two picks inked. Apparently the signability issue was the reason Kelley dropped like a stone in water. The rumors are circulating that the Sox have a deal with the kid, which I'm sure is why they selected him. Man, the potential steal of the draft.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, all five picks were pitchers.

2020 MLB Draft: Tracking White Sox selections on Day 2

But it appears that the Sox are really making sure they at least get their top two picks inked. Apparently the signability issue was the reason Kelley dropped like a stone in water. The rumors are circulating that the Sox have a deal with the kid, which I'm sure is why they selected him. Man, the potential steal of the draft.

Once again baseball gives us a strange dynamic where the High School players have the hammer in contract negotiations and the college guys have no leverage. It appears the Sox will undersign Crochet - and offer picks 3-5 peanuts - while pick #2 gets top money (just not Cuban money).

I do think the Sox played this draft very smartly - and have two really good pitching prospects.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again baseball gives us a strange dynamic where the High School players have the hammer in contract negotiations and the college guys have no leverage. It appears the Sox will undersign Crochet - and offer picks 3-5 peanuts - while pick #2 gets top money (just not Cuban money).

I do think the Sox played this draft very smartly - and have two really good pitching prospects.
That was well stated, good analysis. We'll find out if it turns out to be accurate, assuming we can ink Kelley to a contract, because it's now quite apparent this is the only reason he dropped so low. I'm still stunned that he was there for us at #47.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was well stated, good analysis. We'll find out if it turns out to be accurate, assuming we can ink Kelley to a contract, because it's now quite apparent this is the only reason he dropped so low. I'm still stunned that he was there for us at #47.

Apparently - in baseball you can talk contract with guys before you draft them. Kelley was my favorite player for the Sox to get on board - so I'm happy with that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently - in baseball you can talk contract with guys before you draft them. Kelley was my favorite player for the Sox to get on board - so I'm happy with that.
I was watching a short clip in which he was in a three way video call with Hahn and Sox scouting director Mike Shirley, and Kelley all but said he'll be signing with the Sox. Just like with football, there is no way to judge the worthiness of a draft pick until the player has performed professionally and for a few seasons at that. But at least on paper, which is all we can go by at this point, I'm inclined to say the Sox got the steal of the draft when they chose Kelley at #47.