• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU vs West Virginia

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in from the game.

Thoughts.

If you're going to start Knight, here is your template:
TWO WR's
ONE SLOT
TE or FB w/ONE RB or TWO RB's.

1. The QB and his diverse abilities are the focus of THIS offense. He's not Landry and at no time should there be 3 WR's and a slot unless it's 3rd and long and we're behind.

2. Bench Tyrus Thompson or get his slow procedure penalty gettin' ass some help on the blindside. Stick the TE there and double the DE or rub and flare/cut inside.

3. Make copies of the WHOLE PLAYBOOK for Coach Heupel instead of 10 copies of page one.
3 CONSECUTIVE MOTHERFUCKING RUNS OVER RIGHT TACKLE? REALLY? NO....REALLY?

4. MISDIRECTION. PLAY ACTION. SOMETHING FOR CHRISSAKES. DESIGN ROLL OUTS FOR THE KID GODDAMNIT. HE'S NOT SEEING THE RECEIVERS AND THE DOWNFIELD FLOW...GIVE HIM SOME OPPORTUNITIES TO USE HIS FUCKING TALENT. SQUARE PEG, ROUND HOLE, ETC.

5. Give Mike Stoops a fucking raise.

Still kinda drunk and a little pissed off.

Hasta menyana

Even less impressed with heupel so far this year than I was last year. Get a real OC in there.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything except your "the offense respects bell" rhetoric. Nobody bought it last week and nobody is buying it this week. I think they were just happy to have a change made when bell came in.

Still going to stick with it though. Put it in work terms. Who are you going to respect? The guy who has been with you for 3 years or the intern they just hired? The intern may be smarter, prettier, and even harder working but nothing has been proven. So you like me and every other employer in the country doesn't give the intern too much to do. If you put the intern in charge of some of your people and he screws up well those people will want the 3 year guy back.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game OU.

You guys were the better team. But those two screw ups on special teams will have mountaineer fans wondering "what if." Still in the end, the better team won, unfortunately.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game OU.

You guys were the better team. But those two screw ups on special teams will have mountaineer fans wondering "what if." Still in the end, the better team won, unfortunately.

ya well, OU fan has to wonder "what if" on several plays, not the least was the INT thrown when OU/Brennen Clay was chewing WVU to pieces. There was absolutely no reason for a pass to be thrown....

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both fan bases will be 2nd guessing this game all week.
I'm not sure the best team won, but I'll take it.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think the best team won, just not sure how much better of a team. This baby is still a WIP

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 CONSECUTIVE MOTHERFUCKING RUNS OVER RIGHT TACKLE? REALLY? NO....REALLY?

4. MISDIRECTION. PLAY ACTION. SOMETHING FOR CHRISSAKES. DESIGN ROLL OUTS FOR THE KID GODDAMNIT. HE'S NOT SEEING THE RECEIVERS AND THE DOWNFIELD FLOW...GIVE HIM SOME OPPORTUNITIES TO USE HIS FUCKING TALENT. SQUARE PEG, ROUND HOLE, ETC.

ya, had me scratching my head on both of those counts...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game OU.

Yeah..."what if".

WHAT IF Bester hadn't fumbled on your 18.
WHAT IF TK hadn't thrown an INT in the end zone.
WHAT IF TK hadn't thrown an INT on your 4 yd line.
WHAT IF we hadn't missed that chip shot FG.
WHAT IF those WV players hadn't taken fake injury dives whenever we started gaining momentum.

WHAT IF we hadn't left at least 24 points on the board....what....if.....

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather over in Morgantown has been in the mid to low 80's, high 70's. Granted, both teams played in 96 degree weather; however, I do not recall it being 96 degrees at 6 PM in this area. OU was more acclimated to the weather than the WVU players, so cramps were bound to happen. As far as faking injuries, should they have taken the WVU player off the field using Life Flight instead of a cart? Blame OU coaches for not running the ball in those situations when OU was racking up rushing yards, especially late in the game.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, congrats OU for the victory. Let's Go Mountaineers and Big XII.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame OU coaches for not running the ball in those situations when OU was racking up rushing yards, especially late in the game.

I think a number of us have expressed that concern.....

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as faking injuries, should they have taken the WVU player off the field using Life Flight instead of a cart?.

Yeah...I was talking about the guy taken off on the cart.
:L

NUMBER 90. YEAH. AFTER TWO OU FIRST DOWNS HE TAKES THE DIVE. HE CAME BACK IN AFTER A FEW PLAYS. NOT LIMPING.

THERE WAS ANOTHER SITUATION JUST LIKE IT. DON'T KNOW THE NUMBER OF THE PLAYER.

YALL DOVE. AND YALL LOST. FACE IT.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, thanks for coming to Norman Mountaineers. Hope you win the rest.

Boomer.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great to not see an opposing offense march up and down the field for 4 qtrs like we've seen for years.
CONGRATS to the D!

The Bell/Knight issue should be solved after seeing Bells poise and how the energy level went up 10 times. I like some of the things I see in Knight, but the bad out weigh the good. He needs time to develop and I can see that happening in the 4th qtr after we've put the games away.

If Bob starts Knight the next game i'm convinced he has lost his coaching ability.

RunAwayBeerTruck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great to not see an opposing offense march up and down the field for 4 qtrs like we've seen for years.
CONGRATS to the D!

The Bell/Knight issue should be solved after seeing Bells poise and how the energy level went up 10 times. I like some of the things I see in Knight, but the bad out weigh the good. He needs time to develop and I can see that happening in the 4th qtr after we've put the games away.

If Bob starts Knight the next game i'm convinced he has lost his coaching ability.

A QB has to be able to throw a spiral. Can Bell do that?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB has to be able to throw a spiral. Can Bell do that?

Everybody keeps questioning Bell's ability to throw but not Knight's, I don't get it. Bell had similar numbers to Knight his senior year in high school (he didn't even start playing as a QB until his junior year). And yes he can throw, I saw him play against my hometown team here and he lit us up, in winds of 25 mph mind you he was throwing 30-40 yard completions.