• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU vs West Virginia

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive win, I see no holes in this OU team. Alabama beware.
That's funny... Thanks for that I needed a laugh after that trainwreck of a game.
Well if Texas and ND both lose its a good day afterall.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not feeling great after this win. maybe watching UT lose will help.

*flips channel*

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a few hiccups, the D looked pretty solid.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell basically handed the ball off the entire time (which was the right move btw) but after one average performance and one piss poor performance from knight, bell deserves his shot. I understand why they picked knight, but he's too raw. Let him learn another year or two.

I'm on the Bell wagon after this game. Knight just isn't quite there yet. Knight can always come in to spell Bell after a 60 yd run. :yahoo:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a few hiccups, the D looked pretty solid.

Against better offenses those hiccups would put OU in a big hole because it won't just be a few it'll be many. Who thought at the beginning of the season we would have to rely so much on the defense? Hell, I thought the defense would be our Achilles' Heel.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the Bell wagon after this game. Knight just isn't quite there yet. Knight can always come in to spell Bell after a 60 yd run. :yahoo:

Me too. Did you see how ass whipped the offense looked after the half with knight in there?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bell does start they need to let him throw though. Everybody talks about Knight's stats in high school, well Bell's weren't too shabby either. I saw him play his senior season and he can throw.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with some others out there. I like Knight, he is solid all around kid. But he just isnt ready yet. Im looking to see Bell in for the rest of the year. Knight had a decent first game, and we all hoped he would have shown some improvement, but mental mistakes and his passing still lacking direct accuracy shows he needs some more time to cook. Defense still looks like they are improving, but much better than last year. Gonna be a rough season, but i have faith that we will continue to win. Boomer Sooners

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bell does start they need to let him throw though. Everybody talks about Knight's stats in high school, well Bell's weren't too shabby either. I saw him play his senior season and he can throw.

Agreed. Let him run the offense.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with some others out there. I like Knight, he is solid all around kid. But he just isnt ready yet. Im looking to see Bell in for the rest of the year. Knight had a decent first game, and we all hoped he would have shown some improvement, but mental mistakes and his passing still lacking direct accuracy shows he needs some more time to cook. Defense still looks like they are improving, but much better than last year. Gonna be a rough season, but i have faith that we will continue to win. Boomer Sooners

I think this is on par with all our thinking. We all see knight's talent. He just isn't ready yet. Nobody has said anything different that I've seen.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is on par with all our thinking. We all see knight's talent. He just isn't ready yet. Nobody has said anything different that I've seen.

I say give night the first half of Tulsa. If it doesn't work out, make bell the permanent starter.

P.s. wonder if Thompson would have beat out knight?......

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody that watches TK in practice says he doesn't make these mistakes in practice. In the limited times I have seen him play the game is too fast for him. He is making mistakes you would expect from a freshman. Bell has put in his time and should be better just because he won't be rattled the way TK is. Did any of you see the look in his eyes tonight? On top of that the offense respects Bell. You can see in the way they play for him. The intensity picked up X5 when Bell entered the game.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hate QB battles. Seems like nothing good ever comes from them. Look at Texas. :lol:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in from the game.

Thoughts.

If you're going to start Knight, here is your template:
TWO WR's
ONE SLOT
TE or FB w/ONE RB or TWO RB's.

1. The QB and his diverse abilities are the focus of THIS offense. He's not Landry and at no time should there be 3 WR's and a slot unless it's 3rd and long and we're behind.

2. Bench Tyrus Thompson or get his slow procedure penalty gettin' ass some help on the blindside. Stick the TE there and double the DE or rub and flare/cut inside.

3. Make copies of the WHOLE PLAYBOOK for Coach Heupel instead of 10 copies of page one.
3 CONSECUTIVE MOTHERFUCKING RUNS OVER RIGHT TACKLE? REALLY? NO....REALLY?

4. MISDIRECTION. PLAY ACTION. SOMETHING FOR CHRISSAKES. DESIGN ROLL OUTS FOR THE KID GODDAMNIT. HE'S NOT SEEING THE RECEIVERS AND THE DOWNFIELD FLOW...GIVE HIM SOME OPPORTUNITIES TO USE HIS FUCKING TALENT. SQUARE PEG, ROUND HOLE, ETC.

5. Give Mike Stoops a fucking raise.

Still kinda drunk and a little pissed off.

Hasta menyana

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody that watches TK in practice says he doesn't make these mistakes in practice. In the limited times I have seen him play the game is too fast for him. He is making mistakes you would expect from a freshman. Bell has put in his time and should be better just because he won't be rattled the way TK is. Did any of you see the look in his eyes tonight? On top of that the offense respects Bell. You can see in the way they play for him. The intensity picked up X5 when Bell entered the game.

I agree with everything except your "the offense respects bell" rhetoric. Nobody bought it last week and nobody is buying it this week. I think they were just happy to have a change made when bell came in.