• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say he was 100 yards away. I said he could have been. Again, we will never know what really happened. Though even if Martin did walk past Zimmerman, I don't see how it makes any difference whatsoever.

The point I was really trying to make is to compare the action of TM approaching toward Zimmerman, to the action of Zimmerman getting out of the car. Both of those actions may not have been meant as a threat, but those actions both could have be taken as a threat.

TM may have just wanted to check out who this guy was, and Zimmerman may have only wanted to keep a visual on him until the cop showed up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts seem to dispute that. After all, Martin is the one who was shot to death. But hey, feel free to adopt a version of events which suits your view of the involved parties.

"Gave him the gun" is a slang term for shooting him. Don't you know your Jimi Hendix? Remember the line "I gave her the gun" from "Hey Joe".

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Gave him the gun" is a slang term for shooting him. Don't you know your Jimi Hendix? Remember the line "I gave her the gun" from "Hey Joe".

Ok, but you said Martin "got the gun," not the Zimmerman gave it to him. And here I thought you despised everyone who used slang....

Anyway, this thread has been going in circles for quite awhile, so I'm gonna drop it unless something compelling arises.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but you said Martin "got the gun," not the Zimmerman gave it to him. And here I thought you despised everyone who used slang....

Anyway, this thread has been going in circles for quite awhile, so I'm gonna drop it unless something compelling arises.

Re-reading my post, I can see where you would think that I was saying that Zimmerman took the gun away from Martin.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scenario: Drunk driver drives through stop sign and hits car.
Driver of the other car is obviously ticked and just had his life flash by his eyes.
Is the Driver allowed to kill the Drunk since he feels his life is/was threatened?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scenario: Drunk driver drives through stop sign and hits car.
Driver of the other car is obviously ticked and just had his life flash by his eyes.
Is the Driver allowed to kill the Drunk since he feels his life is/was threatened?

No. The immediacy of the event has passed. He puts himself in a worse situation by approaching the drunk. He would have to explain how killing the drunk, after the event, prevented him from dying.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that it was fitting that Zimmerman was caught speeding in Texas and got a warning. He got a warning for killing Martin, so this only makes sense. I wonder if he'll use his warning robbery or warning r*pe first? He better not hit someone with his car. i wonder if this means Martin's family is nit suing him for wrongful death or something?

I'm surprised he hasn't changed his name (not that the interested wouldn't find out). His self-defense claim saved him from prison but it wouldn't save him from people hating, fearing him, etc. I bet he has a gun, in this one instance of negative notoriety I would own one. A name change would weed out those not paying attention if seen in public. Maybe we wouldn't know of a change, but that's presumably a publicly available thing? It won't save him from a vigilante, ironically.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thought that it was fitting that Zimmerman was caught speeding in Texas and got a warning. He got a warning for killing Martin, so this only makes sense. I wonder if he'll use his warning robbery or warning r*pe first? He better not hit someone with his car. i wonder if this means Martin's family is nit suing him for wrongful death or something?

I'm surprised he hasn't changed his name (not that the interested wouldn't find out). His self-defense claim saved him from prison but it wouldn't save him from people hating, fearing him, etc. I bet he has a gun, in this one instance of negative notoriety I would own one. A name change would weed out those not paying attention if seen in public. Maybe we wouldn't know of a change, but that's presumably a publicly available thing? It won't save him from a vigilante, ironically.

George Zimmerman Saves Family of Four From Car Wreck - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw that as well. Many death threats against him and rallies held across the country. I guess justice is only served when the outcome you want is achieved.

The outcome I want would be that he never left his car. But I can't go back in time. But so many lies have been spread and it has drummed up so much hate. So much so that innocent people have been beat up across the country in retaliation. People who if you asked what they know about the case, they would just spread the lies of the media and government officials who jumped on this claiming racism.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know. I might've been one of the ones to point that out. I just thought it was funny about the warning. I wasn't one of the most against him.

I quit posting in this thread way back because it just got me so upset. Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. I saw it get a new hit so I thought maybe we had some new news or something.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone ever hear of this case? probably not because it got far less media coverage. No civil right groups, no Jessie Jackson, no Al Sharpton. The crime though was seriously messed up and much clearer act of racial hate. The difference is it was a white couple that was the victim.

Guy and his girlfriend kidnapped. The guy was raped and had his penis cut off while they made her watch. They then raped her repeatedly for days and cut off her breast. I'm not sure you can hate anymore than that, but obviously Zimmerman is far more racist and far more deserving of the 24/7 media circus.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone ever hear of this case? probably not because it got far less media coverage. No civil right groups, no Jessie Jackson, no Al Sharpton. The crime though was seriously messed up and much clearer act of racial hate. The difference is it was a white couple that was the victim.

Guy and his girlfriend kidnapped. The guy was raped and had his penis cut off while they made her watch. They then raped her repeatedly for days and cut off her breast. I'm not sure you can hate anymore than that, but obviously Zimmerman is far more racist and far more deserving of the 24/7 media circus.

That is just crazy. Never heard anything about that case. Just imagine if this had been a white on black case... the media coverage would have caused mass riots. Looks like only one of them got the death penalty, and the woman involved got leniency because she said she was held there against her will and didn't have any DNA evidence.

It is a double standard that the mainstream media can't/won't try to push an extreme case like that because out of fear of backlash. Speaking of the double standard - Kinzu are you now racist for searching out and posting a black on white crime in this forum?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I tried to leave it alone, but I've got to weigh in briefly (well, maybe not so briefl...) on the most recent conversation. A primary reason why the Zimmerman case received the attention it did was because Zimmerman was not arrested for weeks after admitting that he killed Martin, even though the facts were not at all clear early on - or even all that clear today, for that matter. It appeared to some people that the justice system was saying you could kill a black teen with impunity, as compared to the case cited above, for instance, where all involved parties were apparently pursued and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. As they absolutely should have been.

If Zimmerman had been arrested immediately - whether or not he was actually prosecuted or convicted - there might have been some outcry, but it is unlikely the case would have received nearly the press that it did. I think it's over-simplifying these cases to chalk up the coverage they received or did not receive entirely to race. For instance, this case involving a white man shooting and killing an unarmed teen received little national attention even as the Zimmerman case was a hot topic, presumably because it was a much clearer case of self-defense/defense of home:

Caleb Gordley, Virginia Teen, Killed By Neighbor After Entering Wrong House

Did the Zimmerman case receive more attention that it otherwise might have because of the races of the victim and the shooter? Almost certainly. But I certainly wouldn't say that this country chronically underreports crime against white people.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I tried to leave it alone, but I've got to weigh in briefly (well, maybe not so briefl...) on the most recent conversation. A primary reason why the Zimmerman case received the attention it did was because Zimmerman was not arrested for weeks after admitting that he killed Martin, even though the facts were not at all clear early on - or even all that clear today, for that matter. It appeared to some people that the justice system was saying you could kill a black teen with impunity, as compared to the case cited above, for instance, where all involved parties were apparently pursued and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. As they absolutely should have been.

If Zimmerman had been arrested immediately - whether or not he was actually prosecuted or convicted - there might have been some outcry, but it is unlikely the case would have received nearly the press that it did. I think it's over-simplifying these cases to chalk up the coverage they received or did not receive entirely to race. For instance, this case involving a white man shooting and killing an unarmed teen received little national attention even as the Zimmerman case was a hot topic, presumably because it was a much clearer case of self-defense/defense of home:

Did the Zimmerman case receive more attention that it otherwise might have because of the races of the victim and the shooter? Almost certainly. But I certainly wouldn't say that this country chronically underreports crime against white people.

He wasn't arrested because all evidence pointed to self defense. You can't just go around arresting and charging people without having evidence. The only reason he was on trial was because of politics. The only reason people felt white guys can kill black teens is because of the media and al sharpton. That's what they wanted the Narative to be. A white conservative killed a black teen and the cops are helping him get away with it. To bad after somebody actually did their job they found out he was a Hispanic democrat. Ohh and the fact he isn't racist.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He wasn't arrested because all evidence pointed to self defense. You can't just go around arresting and charging people without having evidence. The only reason he was on trial was because of politics.

Pure comedy. Politics.....and well, the fact that he shot an unarmed 17 year old a few doors from his house. Other than that, they had nothing! LOL.

Anyway, along those lines I'd say another big factor in the hype and circus that enveloped this shooting and trial is that it was basically a Rorschach Test, there were enough unknowns and disputed details that people could generally fill in the blank with whatever assumptions they work with. So for some people that meant an angry black thug was obviously responsible, and for others it meant a casually-racist nincompoop made a bunch of bad decisions and someone ended up dead. Enough mystery for both sides - and a variety of intermediate theories - to justify their worldview.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit posting in this thread way back because it just got me so upset. Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. I saw it get a new hit so I thought maybe we had some new news or something.
I stopped posting because it just became regurgitated info and posters who never really researched the case. I do agree that this could have been avoided if Zimmerman would have just made his call and let the police handle any problems. He is by far not an innocent here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He wasn't arrested because all evidence pointed to self defense. You can't just go around arresting and charging people without having evidence. The only reason he was on trial was because of politics. The only reason people felt white guys can kill black teens is because of the media and al sharpton. That's what they wanted the Narative to be. A white conservative killed a black teen and the cops are helping him get away with it. To bad after somebody actually did their job they found out he was a Hispanic democrat. Ohh and the fact he isn't racist.

Are you a Joe Rogan fan?

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree the difference between the initial arrest vs. release in the case was a major factor for why it got national attention. The other key factor is that TM wasn't committing any crime. Yet another factor was the media got ahold of it early while it was still developing and it wasn't a case that had been dragging through the courts for years.

My contention is that if there was a brutal white on black r*pe/murder case I'd be very surprised if Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etal didn't elevate it through the national media. I don't think the issue is under reported black on white crime. The issue is white on black crime is over reported and sensationalized.

Here's an interesting article on the stats:

Black America's real problem isn't white racism