• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it is safe to say that even if they asked him to stop following, by law, he doesn't have to. But if people are going to talk about this, we don't need any more misinformation going around because that is how GZ was painted as a racist when he isn't.

That'd be correct. He doesn't have to stop following him. It just probably isn't a very good decision.

I'm with you on the misinformation though, I don't think ZImmerman is a racist, just an idiot.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! too long of a thread for me to read back to see comments. Eric Holder has made it clear that he plans to investigate the race issue on this case. Now it becomes all of our problem because tax dollars will be used to determine if this was a hate crime. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are poised to be in this to instigate riots where needed..........

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! too long of a thread for me to read back to see comments. Eric Holder has made it clear that he plans to investigate the race issue on this case. Now it becomes all of our problem because tax dollars will be used to determine if this was a hate crime. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are poised to be in this to instigate riots where needed..........

That's pathetic. Holder needs to get a life.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

No they didn't. He was on the phone with a 911 operater, not the Sanford Police.

No, he called the Sanford Police non-emergency line... the recording of the call that was released even starts off with "Sanford Police Department...." Not... "911, whats your emergency?"

If you're going to get all technical that it was a dispatcher instead of an officer... OK, but like it really matters? If you're calling the police department the person on the other end is a representative for the police department, right?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he called the Sanford Police non-emergency line... the recording of the call that was released even starts off with "Sanford Police Department...." Not... "911, whats your emergency?"

If you're going to get all technical that it was a dispatcher instead of an officer... OK, but like it really matters? If you're calling the police department the person on the other end is a representative for the police department, right?

Correct....he called the local police line. I'm not sure if he ever called the 911 line. Sanford police knew him well with all of his calls to them.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't matter, a dispatcher has no authority over someone because they are not expects on anything. Listening to a dispatcher isn't always the best course of action because they don't always know the best course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You are right and I am wrong on him calling 911. That is my bad. But yes they represent the police office. But that doesn't mean he has to stop trailing the "suspect". He was well within his rights to keep following. Was it smart? Depends on what the outcome is. If Martin would have been a robber or something worse, like stated before he is a hero. In this case, Martin was not a robber and a tragedy happened.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That'd be correct. He doesn't have to stop following him. It just probably isn't a very good decision.

I'm with you on the misinformation though, I don't think ZImmerman is a racist, just an idiot.

My name is Ryan Van De Velde, and I approve this message.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter, a 911 operator has no authority over someone because they are not expects on anything. Listening to 911 operators isn't always the best course of action because they don't always know the best course of action.

IMO calling your local police is a better idea when not dealing with medical issues or related. Criminal issues take a back seat for those calls....best to call your local police or be prepared to handle it yourself.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter, a 911 operator has no authority over someone because they are not expects on anything. Listening to 911 operators isn't always the best course of action because they don't always know the best course of action.

Who cares about authority of a 911 operator when he called the Police Department non-emergency line?

It isn't even a question about the authority of the person on the other side of the phone. They told him to stop chasing because they are trained to keep the person calling safe, from their training they know that civilians chasing a suspicious character only put themselves into harm's way. Seems like that training might have a purpose when Zimmerman ended up getting into a fight and shooting someone because he gave chase... so, maybe those guys on the other side of the phone know what they're talking about?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it freeking doesn't apply! People aren't going around simply saying Zimmerman is a hero-complex asshole; they're saying he's guilty of 2nd degree murder!

If a guy wants to go up to another guy on the street and say something or not say something, that isn't against the law.

Again what does that have to do with Zimmerman stalking Martin using the general sense of the word? Some people want to say follow(as in simple observation). Others want to use stalking(which I will because he left the car). This is only in the general sense. Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stalking can include following.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO calling your local police is a better idea when not dealing with medical issues or related. Criminal issues take a back seat for those calls....best to call your local police or be prepared to handle it yourself.

Same thing with police they aren't expects on anything hell most have a hard time with the law they are enforcing.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about authority of a 911 operator when he called the Police Department non-emergency line?

It isn't even a question about the authority of the person on the other side of the phone. They told him to stop chasing because they are trained to keep the person calling safe, from their training they know that civilians chasing a suspicious character only put themselves into harm's way. Seems like with that training might have a purpose when Zimmerman ended up getting into a fight and shooting someone because he gave chase... so, maybe those guys on the other side of the phone know what they're talking about?

i corrected my post to dispatcher...the point remains the same.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Again what does that have to do with Zimmerman stalking Martin using the general sense of the word? Some people want to say follow(as in simple observation). Others want to use stalking(which I will because he left the car). This is only in the general sense. Why are you getting so worked up about it. Stalking can include following.

Because saying he was "stalking" Martin implies he was doing something illegal. He wasn't. He had every right to approach Martin.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because saying he was "stalking" Martin implies he was doing something illegal. He wasn't. He had every right to approach Martin.

Sigh. Stalking in the general term isn't illegal. We do not care about the legality of stalking in how it is defined in a courtroom. You can stalk people in public.

How bout this since I"m interested in the legal version of stalking. If Martin was a girl and the exact same scenario, would Martin be following her or stalking her?

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stalking is unwanted and obsessive attention, it doesn't fit this case because he was on neighborhood watch. Following a suspicious person isn't' unwanted and obsessive attention, if that was the case no police officer would be able to follow a suspect or do surveillance.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalking is unwanted and obsessive attention, it doesn't fit this case because he was on neighborhood watch. Following a suspicious person isn't' unwanted and obsessive attention, if that was the case no police officer would be able to follow a suspect or do surveillance.

Or "To follow or observe (a person) persistently". Does that not fit what Zimmerman did? Like I said we are talking about stalking in a general definition not stalking in a legal term like crazy fans do to celebrities.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How bout this since I"m interested in the legal version of stalking. If Martin was a girl and the exact same scenario, would Martin be following her or stalking her?

Following. If he knew the girl that might be different. If he followed her home, that could get into the area of stalking.