• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well I disagree completely.

And you are completely wrong. Eric Holder refused to investigate the New black panthers for voter intimidation at the polls because he said the peoe there did t have it as bad as blacks in the 50,60,70s. Yea real good for relations... Ohh let's not forget Fast and furious either

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He was arrested and charged. If there wasn't enough evidence, it wouldn't have happened.

That's simply not true. It didn't happen. Then political groups called for his head, and Washington forced them to press charges so they could have this race circus on the news every night.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Protecting yourself? This kid was such a scary thug that Zimmerman felt safe enough to follow him for blocks and then get out of his car and walk up to him. Man what a thug.

So lets say I got out into any random neighborhood and find some guy walking, I follow him around and creep him out. Eventually after he's completely freaked out I get out of my car and walk up to him, once he starts hitting me I will pull my gun and shoot him. Is that not murder???????????

Your logic is flawed. He didn't intend in provoking an altercation while following TradeMark. His intent was to assure another burglary was not committed. He had no idea that Martin would eventually assault him and have him getting his head smashed against the ground. He did what he felt necessary to preserve his life. That's not murder it's self defense.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I never said that doesn't count. But given the history of this country you should be careful about saying some black man is making race relations worse.

Why? I never owned slaves. I am not racist. I don't care what your skin color is. If someone is doing something wrong IMO, I don't care what color they are. I will not have my freedom of speech taken away because I have to tip toe around what happened in the past. I wasn't there. I didnt cause the problem.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And you think that's a good thing??????

So the guy can get away and rob another bank & potentially kill someone every time he does it? I'd rather an unsuspected customer put 3 in his back so he can't do any more stealing / potentially shooting people.

Bank robberies are extremely rare; that's almost a non-issue. the bigger issue is home invasions. If a place has a reputation for high gun ownership, those places are far less likely to be robbed. I want all of my neighbours to be gun owners, and I want people to know that they're gun owners.

Let me ask you this: If you own a little shop and a guy robs you at gunpoint and you've got a gun behind the counter, do you go for it if you get the chance or do you just give up the ca$h and hope he doesn't hurt anyone? Do you shoot him in the back when he turns to leave? And would you think that's a bad thing?

Also, if a customer with a concealed weapon blows the robber away, do you think that place is more or less likely to get robbed again?

Let's see, we have a choice between a bank being robbed and no one being hurt, or a potential shoot out between 2 or more people with many bystanders.

How many bank robbers successfully get away?

Would you acknowledge that someone who runs up into a bank to rob it is in a desperate situation OR has planned out the crime meticulously (or both)?

Do you think if someone fits either of those two situations, the knowledge that someone inside might be carrying a gun becomes a deterrent? I don't. You're either in a situation where you feel you have nothing to lose anyway, or you account for that in your planning.

So, if you are one of the meticulous planners, don't you go in and do one of two things right away:
1. Case the inside, find the guys with guns and deal with them immediately (read: shoot them before they can respond, in the back for example); or
2. Grab a hostage to use as a human shield?

But as I said earlier, maybe living in a country where people aren't allowed to carry guns around and feeling safe at all times, and having such a low murder and crime rate has led to biased conclusions on my part? What evidence to I have to support my point of view here other than that in Canada, where guns are strictly regulated (and numerous other countries) with lower crime rates than the US.

Do you believe that armed robbery should be a capital offense?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And you are completely wrong. Eric Holder refused to investigate the New black panthers for voter intimidation at the polls because he said the peoe there did t have it as bad as blacks in the 50,60,70s. Yea real good for relations... Ohh let's not forget Fast and furious either

How can race relations be getting worse than the Supreme Court decided the Voters' Rights Act was no longer necessary?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was he arrested and charged?

Because of political pressure from DC not because of evidence. Stop side stepping my question. What evidence was there to charge him? Answer it. You can't because there was none. Just political pressure.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Gun crime helps them, so they purposely gave guns to drug lords for YEARS in order to increase gun crime around the border (and then swoop in with gun legislation).

Voter fraud helps them, so they oppose voter ID laws for the most transparently asinine (lying) reason: poor people can't get freeking FREE ID cards. :wtf2:

...But if you're an opponent of theirs, they go for the knee-caps. Racism helps them, so they stir up racial tension whenever possible (like the hit they put out on Zimmerman). And let's not forget sicking the IRS on the Tea Party to shut them up. They will literally do whatever is in their power to win because politics is everything to those true believers.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is fast and furious worsening black white relations? RV, I like your football posts, but your politics suck. I think we should just all stick to football.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's simply not true. It didn't happen. Then political groups called for his head, and Washington forced them to press charges so they could have this race circus on the news every night.

I'm sorry, he wasn't arrested and charged? I thought someone had to be arrested and charged to go on trial.

No one has said there was an abundance of evidence, just there was enough. It could be the bare minimum of enough, but if there truly wasn't enough evidence, then it wouldn't have happened.

Zimmerman is a killer. It's something he's going to have to deal with for the rest of his life (and beyond, if you subscribe to any of those religions).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is flawed. He didn't intend in provoking an altercation while following TradeMark. His intent was to assure another burglary was not committed. He had no idea that Martin would eventually assault him and have him getting his head smashed against the ground. He did what he felt necessary to preserve his life. That's not murder it's self defense.

Your logic is clearly flawed because follow someone who is minding their own business to the point of them freaking out is definitely provoking an altercation. That is simple common sense.

It is not his job to stop or fight crime, he had no business as a neighborhood watchman to get out of his car and pursue Martin or even to follow him in his car. He called the police because he saw someone who was suspicious, this is completely fine ut it is GZ's actions after speaking to the police that were wrong.

Anyone in their right mind has to believe that when you follow someone who you don't know for blocks and then get out of your car to further pursue them, that it will most likely end up in a fight. I don't buy the fact that Zimmerman didn't think that a fight could happen, I don't buy that for half a second. He would have to be severely mentally challenged to believe someone like that.

What was necessary to preserve his life would be to keep his ass in the car and let the police do their jobs, if he was SO worried about preserving his life, he should be out chasing "criminals" and attempting to fight crime.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How can race relations be getting worse than the Supreme Court decided the Voters' Rights Act was no longer necessary?

Because it was unconstitutional. It only applied to certain states, and they couldn't change voting regulations without the fed approving it. And race relations are not just white on black.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was unconstitutional. It only applied to certain states, and they couldn't change voting regulations without the fed approving it. And race relations are not just white on black.

Like a lot of things, that's what 5 out of 9 justices decided, it doesn't mean they were correct.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Your logic is clearly flawed because follow someone who is minding their own business to the point of them freaking out is definitely provoking an altercation. That is simple common sense.

It is not his job to stop or fight crime, he had no business as a neighborhood watchman to get out of his car and pursue Martin or even to follow him in his car. He called the police because he saw someone who was suspicious, this is completely fine ut it is GZ's actions after speaking to the police that were wrong.

Anyone in their right mind has to believe that when you follow someone who you don't know for blocks and then get out of your car to further pursue them, that it will most likely end up in a fight. I don't buy the fact that Zimmerman didn't think that a fight could happen, I don't buy that for half a second. He would have to be severely mentally challenged to believe someone like that.

What was necessary to preserve his life would be to keep his ass in the car and let the police do their jobs, if he was SO worried about preserving his life, he should be out chasing "criminals" and attempting to fight crime.

Why didnt TM let the police do their job? Instead of talking to that girl and saying "a creepy ass cracker" he should have called the cops.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I never owned slaves. I am not racist. I don't care what your skin color is. If someone is doing something wrong IMO, I don't care what color they are. I will not have my freedom of speech taken away because I have to tip toe around what happened in the past. I wasn't there. I didnt cause the problem.

Oh, please, no one is taking away your "freedom speech" that has nothing to do with saying that what you are saying was ill advised.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Following someone isn't a crime, nor is it an invitation to be assaulted. Trayvon was at his dads residence and made the decision to go back and confront the creepy ass cracka. Had he stayed put, he'd still be alive. You can shift blame to Zimmerman all you want but Martin made poor decisions as well and ultimately it cost him his life.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let's see, we have a choice between a bank being robbed and no one being hurt, or a potential shoot out between 2 or more people with many bystanders.

How many bank robbers successfully get away?

In a bank, I'd probably prefer no shooting. But if a guy can easily get a clean shot off, I'd rather they had the opportunity to do so than not be armed. It's better to have a concealed gun & not use it than not have a gun at all in that situation.

Would you acknowledge that someone who runs up into a bank to rob it is in a desperate situation OR has planned out the crime meticulously (or both)?

Do you think if someone fits either of those two situations, the knowledge that someone inside might be carrying a gun becomes a deterrent? I don't. You're either in a situation where you feel you have nothing to lose anyway, or you account for that in your planning.

It might not be in every situation, but in the long run more concealed guns in an area makes it more risky to commit gun crimes. Especially when breaking into someone's home.

Do you believe that armed robbery should be a capital offense?

Armed? If they're using a gun sure. I say onto the next life for you if you're willing to point guns in innocent people's faces. I feel the same way about people who drive drunk (like really, really drunk). Put the world at risk for because you're an irresponsible asshole: you should die.

You never answered whether you thought a dead robber in a liquor store would deter future robberies.

Last edited by a moderator: