• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say everyone of them? and who said anything about arming all bad guys?

Uhhhh, I was responding to people who say that everyone should own guns. Then you responded to my post.

The original post that you responded to was about arming everyone...............

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own a gun. Have a liscence that allows me to carry it. I don't feel like a pussy. :noidea:

Maybe if more and more people carried guns, we would have fewer victims of r*pe and assault and more dead bad guys. :suds:

That is not my point. You have a gun, maybe for sport, or maybe to have in your house for protection. I am saying they turn men into pussies when a guy would use it in a situation that clearly doesn't warrant it. Like if you get cut off on the freeway, or you lose a fist fight.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What toby no response to my last post about you?

I try not to respond to gibberish or posts where the writer cannot refrain from saying the word, or derivitives of the word, "fuck" two times in one sentence.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh, I was responding to people who say that everyone should own guns. Then you responded to my post.

The original post that you responded to was about arming everyone...............
When they said everybody I took that to mean all law abiding citizens, not the bad guys you are talking about.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I meant race relations are worse now than when Obama took office.

And yes I can blame a president for failing to bring people togeather when A- he said he would, and B- he injects rascim into cases where there is none. Just like when he said the police acted stupidly because his professor friend was trying to get into his house but locked his keys inside and left his ID in their as well. A neighbor called and said it looked like somebody was trying to break in. So the police came out, and held him there until his identity could be varified. But hey since his friend was black the cops were racist according to the president. When really they just did their jobs.

If you meant since Obama took office, you probably should have said they're worse than they've ever been.

What standard of proof do you have that the country is less united? Maybe under Bush the minorities were so oppressed that Obama, and everyone else, had no idea had much racism actually existed in the country.

To illustrate that, I am terrified of coming face to face with a tiger in the wild. But it's something that I don't show because I don't have to. Tigers don't live on my island. We don't even have zoos for them here. However, if I heard tomorrow morning that a shipment with 50 tigers crashed on nearby rocks and all the tigers got away and were now loose on the island, I'd show my fear. Especially given the rural area in which I live.

Now, how does this apply to minorities? Well, if you don't have someone actively trying to create racial equality (whether he's doing it the right way or not is a non-issue), any inherent racism/fear of tigers can be kept in check. It's not a concern. But when all of a sudden there's someone who is wanting to give "these people" opportunities, then any feelings I may have will start to come to the surface, whether I know I feel that way or not.

So Obama may have inherited a situation that was worse than he realized, and by trying to bridge that gap, those that don't want to see the gap bridged will start to work against him.

Kind of like as Niner fans, we didn't care about St Louis for most of the 90s. That was just 2 wins for us each season. But when 1999 arrived with Kurt Warner and Dick Vermeil, all of a sudden we started to care about St Louis.

Just a theory.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Who did he come to see? I've never heard anyone come forward and say "Martin was here to visit me". In fact, didn't the defense show that Martin knew no one in that neighborhood? And he certainly wasn't "forced" into any confrontation, all he needed to do was keep walking. Instead, he tried to be a tough guy and messed with the wrong person.

Are you freaking kidding me? So are you telling me that if you are walking around at night and someone starts following you for blocks for no reason, you are just going to keep walking when they get out of their car and come at you? You are either going to run away or stop and fight because you have no idea what this person wants. Martin chose to stay and fight, sadly for Martin the other guy can't fight with his hands.

He tried to be a tough guy by fighting someone who was stalking him? Messed with the wrong person? Zimmerman was a pussy, this is the only day in age that he is considered "the wrong person", I find it funny that "the wrong person" gets his ass kicked by a teenager.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think that greatly increases the chances of shots being fired. Rhetorical questions coming up:

How often do armed robberies result in shots being fired?
How often are the shots a result of a "good guy" (regardless of training) also pulling a gun?
Do you feel that the average hooligan walking around with a gun under his shirt is interested in randomly murdering people?

If a guy walks into a bank and pulls a gun to rob it, and no one else has a gun, the bank gets robbed, the guy leaves, no shots are fired.

If a guy walks into a bank and pulls a gun to rob it and someone else pulls a guy to stop him, I would imagine that the odds of shots being fired increase exponentially. Maybe the "good guy" who pulled the gun who attempted to stop the robbery is trained. The robber may not be. Now you've created a situation where shots are being fired, and you're present in the room.

I'd feel much safer if bullets weren't flying around.

But maybe that's because I live in a place where people aren't allowed to carry guns around, so I've never had the privilege of feeling protected by a whole bunch of people I don't know carrying guns around me.

Maybe I'm just a sheltered Canadian with no idea what kind of danger I'm actually in every time I go to a public place. Maybe I've just gotten lucky in not being one of the roughly 600 people (in a country of roughly 33 million) to be murdered each of the last few years (murdered in any way, not just shot).

My wife is a bank teller and she has a new manager. She has a new manager because he requested a transfer. Why you ask? Because a lone gunman walked in and shot a teller and held him at gun point. I could give two fucking shits about the percentages of things happening. Because shit does happen. You play the percentages if that's what you want to do. But unless that percent is zero, there's a chance. And I am prepared for that chance.

Now, as far as Canada and other countries go, there is no question that the US has a murder problem, because we have a culture problem. Nothing changes till we fix that.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can open carry in Arizona and you can not carry at all in Chicago

2011 crime rates as follows

Murders robberies assaults burglaries theft
PHX 116 3324 4090 18666 38258
CHI 431 13975 12408 26420 72373

Per 100,000 people
PHX 7.9 226.7 279 1273.2 2609.7
CHI 15.9 516.9 458.9 977.2 2676

so in a city that you can open carry vs a city you are not allowed to carry at all the city you can carry in you have half as many murders per 100,000 people, and less than half as many robberies and little more than half as many assaults. Coincidence or because people can carry open or concealed without a permit to protect themselves.

links to stats
Crime rate in Chicago, Illinois (IL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics
Crime rate in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

I am not arguing over gun control. You are speaking about crimes would go down. In the case of Zimmerman and Martin, there was no crime committed... aside from murder.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try not to respond to gibberish or posts where the writer cannot refrain from saying the word, or derivitives of the word, "fuck" two times in one sentence.
HAHAHAHA ok . (by the way I used the word fuck one time)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not my point. You have a gun, maybe for sport, or maybe to have in your house for protection. I am saying they turn men into pussies when a guy would use it in a situation that clearly doesn't warrant it. Like if you get cut off on the freeway, or you lose a fist fight.

I agree, apparently guns turn pussies into "the wrong guy to mess with". I remember the days when people settled things with their hands and knew how to fight. If you lost the fight you lost but that was the end of it, you didn't shoot somebody afterwards. No, no one wants to fight they just wanna shoot people.

As I've said time and again, I'm a gun owner but I'm damn sure not gonna shoot someone because they kick my ass.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they said everybody I took that to mean all law abiding citizens, not the bad guys you are talking about.

Lol everybody means everybody, not just the "good guys".

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am not arguing over gun control. You are speaking about crimes would go down. In the case of Zimmerman and Martin, there was no crime committed... aside from murder.

Didn't see where anyone was convicted of murder?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My wife is a bank teller and she has a new manager. She has a new manager because he requested a transfer. Why you ask? Because a lone gunman walked in and shot a teller and held him at gun point. I could give two fucking shits about the percentages of things happening. Because shit does happen. You play the percentages if that's what you want to do. But unless that percent is zero, there's a chance. And I am prepared for that chance.

Now, as far as Canada and other countries go, there is no question that the US has a murder problem, because we have a culture problem. Nothing changes till we fix that.

So you have a slanted view on these issues because of a personal experience. I understand that. Do you think if this guy walked into the bank and customer also pulled a gun no one would have been hurt? What are the details of the shooting? Did he just walk in and shoot the teller, or were there other issues at play?

If this guy just walked in and shot someone, do you think having a random customer carrying a gun would have prevented bullets from flying? Based on my limited knowledge of US banks, don't quite a few have armed security guards, or is that strictly a Hollywood thing?

You're right that the US murder problem is a culture issue, but the gun laws (or lack of same) is part of the culture. Changing the culture includes addressing the gun issue.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is protecting yourself against a thug, "murder?"

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Protecting yourself? This kid was such a scary thug that Zimmerman felt safe enough to follow him for blocks and then get out of his car and walk up to him. Man what a thug.

So lets say I got out into any random neighborhood and find some guy walking, I follow him around and creep him out. Eventually after he's completely freaked out I get out of my car and walk up to him, once he starts hitting me I will pull my gun and shoot him. Is that not murder???????????

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polar opposite cases. There wasn't even enough evidence to arrest GZ, let alone charge him.

He shot and killed a kid where there were no eye witnesses, that is evidence enough to arrest which is apparent since he was arrested.

They aren't polar opposites, they are both cases of men who weren't convicted of murder. You claimed that no murder happened since he wasn't convicted but I would bet 1,000,000 dollars that you also think that OJ committed murder. I'm just pointing out the irony there.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Polar opposite cases. There wasn't even enough evidence to arrest GZ, let alone charge him.

And there wasn't enough evidence to convict OJ.

I believe that in the OJ case, it wasn't established that OJ was even the killer. Would anyone like to dispute George Zimmerman's role of "killer" in this case?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Guns turn men into equals.
Yeah, maybe if both men have a gun.

And if you are wandering around in my neighborhood at night uninvited and you started a confrontation with me you'd get your confrontation alright; it'd be with the business end of a gun.
You sound like any other thug in hood, or hillbilly in the sticks. If you follow me around starting shit, regardless of the neighborhood, you better shoot me in the back before I get a hold of you because my foot is going so far up your ass the water on my knee will quench your thirst.