• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you inferring that the reason that Chicago has higher crime rates than phoenix is because there are less white people???

Do you know what diversity is? You did use it in your comparison after all. I'm sure you can pick the differences in the diversity between Chicago and Phoenix. You seem like a smart guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you inferring that the reason that Chicago has higher crime rates than phoenix is because there are less white people???

Good God, haven't we been through this? It's "implying", not "inferring"............and it's "fewer" white people.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what diversity is? You did use it in your comparison after all. I'm sure you can pick the differences in the diversity between Chicago and Phoenix. You seem like a smart guy.

He might, but he certainly doesn't know what "inferring" is.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both cities are 40+% non white. it is going to be next to impossible to find two cities the exact same size with the same % white black and Hispanic and that has polar opposite gun laws. Both cities are diverse, just because phoenix has 14% more white doesn't make it not diverse. there is still 41.3 % that are not white.

the reality is there is a ton less crime per 100,000 people in phoenix and they don't have strict gun laws.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both cities are 40+% non white. it is going to be next to impossible to find two cities the exact same size with the same % white black and Hispanic and that has polar opposite gun laws. Both cities are diverse, just because phoenix has 14% more white doesn't make it not diverse. there is still 41.3 % that are not white.

the reality is there is a ton less crime per 100,000 people in phoenix and they don't have strict gun laws.

Coincidence doesn't equal causation.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, haven't we been through this? It's "implying", not "inferring"............and it's "fewer" white people.
so sorry to have a typo while you are present professor . Im not an English major like you and I don't give a shit if I have a few typos, people understood what I meant. sorry im not as grammatically correct as you are mr high and mighty.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sorry to have a typo while you are present professor . Im not an English major like you and I don't give a shit if I have a few typos, people understood what I meant. sorry im not as grammatically correct as you are mr high and mighty.

Your incorrect use of the word was not not due to a typo, it was due to ignorance. The fact that you incorrectly use words that you think make you sound intelligent only make you sound foolish.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
THE KID COULD HAVE GONE HOME AFTER HE DITCHED HIM AND NOT COME BACK AND STARTED BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. BUT NO HE WAS A LITTLE PUNK AS THUG SO HE WANTED TO "KEEP IT REAL" AND SHOW THE "CRAZY ASS CRACKER" WHO WAS FOLLOWING HIM HOW TOUGH HE WAS.

For someone who started this thread by saying no one but Zimmerman, Martin, and God know what happened, you sure are confident about precisely how things unfolded.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The state of Florida is just crazy. They let Zimmerman and Casey Anthony walk free, the give a 12 year old life in prison without the possibility of parole for accidentally killing his sister while doing wwe moves, they give Marissa Alexander 20 years for firing a damn warning shot when her life was in danger. It is just a backwards and ridiculous state.

The prosecution definitely dropped the ball on this one to be honest.

As for Zimmerman, he is a coward and a weakling. He knew that stalking and confronting that kid could possibly lead to a fight, since Martin had two choices (fight or flight) but he was fine because he was holding a gun. Honestly if he knew he can't fight then he should have never put himself in that position, especially after the police told him not to. But lets just hope that if he is dumb enough to harass and stalk another person, that person will be a gun owner.

That just goes to show you that you can never too suspicious or prepared, arm yourselves. If someone is obviously following you then be ready to defend yourselves because this sets a bad example.

First off, according to evidence and jury, he didn't confront anyone, Martin did. Second the police never told him to stop, an operater did.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your incorrect use of the word was not not due to a typo, it was due to ignorance. The fact that you incorrectly use words that you think make you sound intelligent only make you sound foolish.
I wasn't trying to sound intelligent, I could give a fuck less if you or anyone on this board thinks im intelligent, I misused a word excuse the fuck out of me. im sure you have never misused a word in your life right.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is he? I see a lot of people saying he's not white. Well, then he's not Hispanic, either. I guess he's just "other"?

My fault, I took someone's word that he was Hispanic. I assumed that meant 100%. You see, other than this board and a little TV, I've been living under a rock. ;)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who started this thread by saying no one but Zimmerman, Martin, and God know what happened, you sure are confident about precisely how things unfolded.

Probably inferred it from what he read.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to sound intelligent, I could give a fuck less if you or anyone on this board thinks im intelligent, I misused a word excuse the fuck out of me. im sure you have never misused a word in your life right.

That's good because you don't.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrong. Guns turn men into equals. And if you are wandering around in my neighborhood at night uninvited and you started a confrontation with me you'd get your confrontation alright; it'd be with the business end of a gun.

Yeah, but see, in this case, Martin wasn't uninvited and he didn't cause the confrontation. You're effectively saying that if Zimmerman did to you what he did to Martin, you would have shot him. While criticizing Martin for punching Zimmerman. Inconsistent much?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can open carry in Arizona and you can not carry at all in Chicago

2011 crime rates as follows

Murders robberies assaults burglaries theft
PHX 116 3324 4090 18666 38258
CHI 431 13975 12408 26420 72373

Per 100,000 people
PHX 7.9 226.7 279 1273.2 2609.7
CHI 15.9 516.9 458.9 977.2 2676

so in a city that you can open carry vs a city you are not allowed to carry at all the city you can carry in you have half as many murders per 100,000 people, and less than half as many robberies and little more than half as many assaults. Coincidence or because people can carry open or concealed without a permit to protect themselves.

links to stats
Crime rate in Chicago, Illinois (IL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics
Crime rate in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Jarrod, I'm just curious, how does Phoenix compare to Toronto or Vancouver? How about Stockholm? London? Oslo? Tokyo? Bern?

If your argument is that looser regulations on gun ownership lower major crime rates I believe there are a variety of countries around the world that would be interested. Countries with strict gun laws might be able to completely eliminate their major crimes if they were to adopt US gun laws.

These facts that you present, the idea that gun laws make it more dangerous, have completely changed my perspective on living in Canada. Since we regulate gun ownership so tightly, apparently I'm in serious danger. This despite living in a country that in 2011 had 598 murders. In the country. In a year. The 5 year average from 07 to 11 was below 600 murders per year. In the entire country. The province in which I live had a whopping 87 murders in 2011. That's with 4.4 million people living in the province.

I guess I should ignore the evidence and assume that I'm in much danger living in a country with strict gun laws.

I just stumbled across an interesting article as I was searching about the connection between gun-related homicides and gun laws. In 2008 there were over 12,000 gun-related homicides in the USA. In the Japan there was 11. Not 11,000. Just 11. As in how many championships Phil Jackson has won. In 2006 there were 2 (again, just two). In 2007 there were 22 and it was a national scandal.

Curious as to why? Read the article, but basically it's all kinds of illegal to own a gun there. To the point that the Yakuza has pretty much stopped carrying them.

There's a fun little anecdote in that story about Japanese using gun ranges in Hawaii and Hawaiians marketing to them. The simple act of going to a gun range and shooting a gun in Japan would be breaking 3 laws, including simply the act of holding a hand gun (up to 10 years in prison).

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

Why so few?

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good because you don't.
And you know instead of being a fucking douche bag when someone makes a mistake with grammar or misuses a word you could politely point it out and not be a complete holier than thou dickhead. This is the 2nd time I have seen you IMPLY that you are a better person and more intelligent than someone else simply because you use words and proper grammar better than someone else. You may be smarter than most people in here when it comes to grammar and use of certain words but that doesn't make you better than anyone else in here as a person.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I own a gun. Have a liscence that allows me to carry it. I don't feel like a pussy. :noidea:

Maybe if more and more people carried guns, we would have fewer victims of r*pe and assault and more dead bad guys. :suds:

And more dead innocent guys.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but see, in this case, Martin wasn't uninvited and he didn't cause the confrontation. You're effectively saying that if Zimmerman did to you what he did to Martin, you would have shot him. While criticizing Martin for punching Zimmerman. Inconsistent much?

Not sure how you came to this conclusion; perhaps a comprehension issue on your part? You are confused, it was Martin who did the assaulting and not Zimmerman so it would be Martin who got the gun from me.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is rediculius. The media wanted you to blame this on racism. The FBI did an investigation last year and concluded this had nothing to do with race. Hell Obama injected the race card and over stepped big time. Now the DOJ is going to try to go after him for civil rights violations? Zimmerman didn't get a grand jury, NBC purposely edited the phone call on Zimmerman to paint him as a racist. GZ's first language is spanish, he was raised by his mother and grandma who are from Peru. But the media says he is self proclaimed Hispanic? What the fuck does that even mean? Does that mean the president is self proclaimed black? The chief of police was fired for not arresting GZ. He was told to by city councilman and others to arrest him. They didn't care if it stuck they just wanted an arrest. That is so fucking garbage. This trial was forced and it showed. Then you have dumb ass people on twitter like Roddey White saying the jury should kill the selves. So much for Obama being a great uniter. I think racial tensions are greater now than ever. And it's a shame.

I just want to focus on the last couple sentences.

If you think racial tensions are greater now than they've ever been, I think you're either ignoring history, or ignorant to it.

Somehow I think you'd have a tough time finding blacks that lived in the south in the 50s and 60s that would be willing to agree with that statement.

Do you have any thoughts on the USA's thoughts on blacks during it's first 75 or so years of existence.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's worse now that it was in 1824?

As for Obama failing as the great uniter, one cannot force people to come together and accept each other. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but there is a fairly significant number of people in the USA that do not particularly care for people who don't have the same skin colour as they do. No one, not even Obama (or Bush if that's your cup of tea), can force people with racist thoughts to give up those thoughts and ideas and accept all men (and women) as equals. Many people, when they feel they are being forced into something they don't want to do, tend to dig in their heels and become more belligerent on the subject.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrod, I'm just curious, how does Phoenix compare to Toronto or Vancouver? How about Stockholm? London? Oslo? Tokyo? Bern?

If your argument is that looser regulations on gun ownership lower major crime rates I believe there are a variety of countries around the world that would be interested. Countries with strict gun laws might be able to completely eliminate their major crimes if they were to adopt US gun laws.

These facts that you present, the idea that gun laws make it more dangerous, have completely changed my perspective on living in Canada. Since we regulate gun ownership so tightly, apparently I'm in serious danger. This despite living in a country that in 2011 had 598 murders. In the country. In a year. The 5 year average from 07 to 11 was below 600 murders per year. In the entire country. The province in which I live had a whopping 87 murders in 2011. That's with 4.4 million people living in the province.

I guess I should ignore the evidence and assume that I'm in much danger living in a country with strict gun laws.

I just stumbled across an interesting article as I was searching about the connection between gun-related homicides and gun laws. In 2008 there were over 12,000 gun-related homicides in the USA. In the Japan there was 11. Not 11,000. Just 11. As in how many championships Phil Jackson has won. In 2006 there were 2 (again, just two). In 2007 there were 22 and it was a national scandal.

Curious as to why? Read the article, but basically it's all kinds of illegal to own a gun there. To the point that the Yakuza has pretty much stopped carrying them.

There's a fun little anecdote in that story about Japanese using gun ranges in Hawaii and Hawaiians marketing to them. The simple act of going to a gun range and shooting a gun in Japan would be breaking 3 laws, including simply the act of holding a hand gun (up to 10 years in prison).

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

Why so few?

I would guess different cultures. Americans like their guns. Since guns are banned how many other murders are there?