• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this argument. There is so much information that is left out. Why use Chicago? Why not use San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Honolulu, or Atlanta(choose one)? Why does it have to be the home town of the current sitting President(agenda maybe)? Show me the crime rates of every state with permissive/licensed open carry to those that don't. Then explain to me why gun nut states like Texas and Florida don't have open carry laws. Your example doesn't help your argument to me since it's biased.

How Is it biased, because I know that Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws??

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Is it biased, because I know that Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws??

Because you chose 1 city. There are many other cities to choose from. Why Chicago specifically? If it's because it helps your argument more then comparing it to a different city then it's biased.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this argument. There is so much information that is left out. Why use Chicago? Why not use San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Honolulu, or Atlanta(choose one)? Why does it have to be the home town of the current sitting President(agenda maybe)? Show me the crime rates of every state with permissive/licensed open carry to those that don't. Then explain to me why gun nut states like Texas and Florida don't have open carry laws. Your example doesn't help your argument to me since it's biased.

I also saw this a couple weeks ago
Murders: The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World!

But
if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders.

(These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But
if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders.

(These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.)

I presume they were the fourth worst before the gun laws, too? And we don't know how bad they would be without the gun laws and how much the impact the gun laws have on them. I'm not making any claims, just saying that some of the things we don't know. We can only guess; I don't necessarily disagree with you.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you chose 1 city. There are many other cities to choose from. Why Chicago specifically? If it's because it helps your argument more then comparing it to a different city then it's biased.

I chose Chicago and phoenix because they are both huge cities with crime problems and really ethnically diverse. they both have inner city issues and poverty issues. with one city having strict gun laws the other has open and concealed carry. there was no hidden agenda.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I presume they were the fourth worst before the gun laws, too? And we don't know how bad they would be without the gun laws and how much the impact the gun laws have on them. I'm not making any claims, just saying that some of the things we don't know. We can only guess; I don't necessarily disagree with you.

well the only way to know for sure would be to allow Chicago to have open and concealed carry or strictly prohibit guns in phoenix, I can tell you that I would be a lot more comfortable with Chicago going with being able to carry than I would phoenix getting strict gun laws.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore the absurd media racial influence nonsense and focus on the facts. The mainstream media has morphed into something scary. It will always be "he said, she said."

If someone told me I was going to die today and proceeded to crack the back of my head with fists against concrete, I'd probably start to fear for my life. If I couldn't get my head off the concrete and onto nearby grass, I'd be resorted to doing anything and everything possible to save my life. After I shot the guy, when the cop interrogates me and falsely tells me the whole thing was caught on video, I'd say "thank God" just like he did. Now if I made the whole thing up to save my own ass, and the police gave me that same piece of info, I probably wouldn't instantly respond with a "thank God." That's a big reason why he walked.

Now did he overreact and shoot too early? Maybe. That's what the media focus needs to be on.

Yep. That is pretty good evidence. The apoligists will simply have to admit that the "child" was in the wrong, tried to get tough and paid for it with his life.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But

Saw it where exactly? Because that seems pretty false to me. I know quite a few countries that would have under 1000 murders and CA has over that by itself.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not use Chicago?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But

They also have a lopsided racial demographic in common.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose Chicago and phoenix because they are both huge cities with crime problems and really ethnically diverse. they both have inner city issues and poverty issues. with one city having strict gun laws the other has open and concealed carry. there was no hidden agenda.

Interesting. Like I said I've seen those statistics for those 2 cities before on my timeline from a republican friend.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not use Chicago?

Ok Chicago has been used. Now compare it to other cities. Is it that difficult? Or would it skew the results the other way and that's why you don't wanna do it? More data is more useful to make an informed decision.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Chicago has been used. Now compare it to other cities. Is it that difficult? Or would it skew the results the other way and that's why you don't wanna do it? More data is more useful to make an informed decision.

ok then go find some other racially diverse big urban cities like phoenix and Chicago and you do a comparison if that is what you wish. I chose 2 cities that are similar in size and diversity and compared them because they have total opposite gun laws. I am not political I don't follow politics or claim any parties if that is what you were inferring in your other post. I think that politicians are nothing more than legal crooks, very few of them really care what the people want, all they care about is lining their own pockets and pushing whatever agenda will pay them the most.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The state of Florida is just crazy. They let Zimmerman and Casey Anthony walk free, the give a 12 year old life in prison without the possibility of parole for accidentally killing his sister while doing wwe moves, they give Marissa Alexander 20 years for firing a damn warning shot when her life was in danger. It is just a backwards and ridiculous state.

The prosecution definitely dropped the ball on this one to be honest.

As for Zimmerman, he is a coward and a weakling. He knew that stalking and confronting that kid could possibly lead to a fight, since Martin had two choices (fight or flight) but he was fine because he was holding a gun. Honestly if he knew he can't fight then he should have never put himself in that position, especially after the police told him not to. But lets just hope that if he is dumb enough to harass and stalk another person, that person will be a gun owner.

That just goes to show you that you can never too suspicious or prepared, arm yourselves. If someone is obviously following you then be ready to defend yourselves because this sets a bad example.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But

Chicago's gun laws are a joke since extremely high numbers of guns are bought in the suburbs and then sold at a premium inside the city. Also it is very hard to track these guns because in some instances 20 guns were billed as just one purchase.

I'm a fan of certain kinds of gun control because I do have guns and enjoy to shoot them and hunt but I also understand the responsibility that it takes to have one. Only people who are responsible enough to own these weapons should own them. But that will never happen so I just encourage people to be safe.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok then go find some other racially diverse big urban cities like phoenix and Chicago and you do a comparison if that is what you wish. I chose 2 cities that are similar in size and diversity and compared them because they have total opposite gun laws. I am not political I don't follow politics or claim any parties if that is what you were inferring in your other post. I think that politicians are nothing more than legal crooks, very few of them really care what the people want, all they care about is lining their own pockets and pushing whatever agenda will pay them the most.

So you base your whole opinion on 2 cities and that's it? Alright if that's the limited data you wanna use. Close in size? Chicago has a million more people. Then you say they are close in diversity? That's some bullshit. I see 59% white in Phoenix and 45% in Chicago. Data is from 2010 but I don't think things change that much in a couple years. So explain where this close in size and diversity comes from?

Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ - Profiles - Diversity Data - Metropolitan Quality of Life Data
Demographics of Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And your post about 4th in murders is clearly political. and full of bullshit. so why post it?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you base your whole opinion on 2 cities and that's it? Alright if that's the limited data you wanna use. Close in size? Chicago has a million more people. Then you say they are close in diversity? That's some bullshit. I see 59% white in Phoenix and 45% in Chicago. Data is from 2010 but I don't think things change that much in a couple years. So explain where this close in size and diversity comes from?

Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ - Profiles - Diversity Data - Metropolitan Quality of Life Data

And your post about 4th in murders is clearly political. and full of bullshit. so why post it?
then go find another city that is close to phoenix and has strict gun laws or one that is close to Chicago that doesn't have strict gun laws. if you don't fucking like the ones I picked find your own and use them.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you inferring that the reason that Chicago has higher crime rates than phoenix is because there are less white people???

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then go find another city that is close to phoenix and has strict gun laws or one that is close to Chicago that doesn't have strict gun laws. if you don't fucking like the ones I picked find your own and use them.

Sure. Maybe I can just post bullshit like this and say I'm not political and pretend to have an intelligent conversation. Or you can just conveniently ignore the BS you spread.

jarrod49 saw this a couple weeks ago

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders.

Let me know when I should bother taking you seriously.