• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100%. I'm leaning toward the Tyrels being on the level, but again, you can't trust anybody.

i was ok with her talking about what Joffery did to her father everyone in almost every kingdom knew about that but to get so personal against the king in such a political world is dangerous.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to get a read on these Brotherhood guys as well. Kind of similar to Jon Snow's new crew. Are they really bad guys? It's implied that they probably are, but there is nothing blatantly sinister about them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to get a read on these Brotherhood guys as well. Kind of similar to Jon Snow's new crew. Are they really bad guys? It's implied that they probably are, but there is nothing blatantly sinister about them.

honestly, what i love about this story, is it's hard to really define the 'good guys' and 'the bad guys'.. you get so much detail from everyone else's perspective, and there are so many different sides and angles.. i mean, at one point you had what, 5 people vying for the throne, each with good aspects/characters and bad aspects/characters? which doesn't include the night's watch or isn't interested in the throne, and now you have the wildlings making moves.

also, i love margery.. she's hot, she's smart.. what more can you want?

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do an amazing job of making you believe each side has a good reason to do what they do. Lannisters' wanting to keep their family up top (even tho they are asses its hard to argue with their reasoning), Stannis' claim to the throne, Danerys' claim to the throne. Rob Stark's want to not bend the knee to the Lannisters. The story started out with most people siding with the Starks and now you have the choice of who you wish to support. It is pretty cool.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd episode was markedly better than the 1st, IMO (not that the first was bad). Yet, the cards are just being set. Stuff is going to start happening at a rapid pace - can't wait for the next two episodes. I know the ending of episode 4 is going to be a wild one.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody is on board with this season huh?

-Cat Stark is really unlikeable.

-I like where Arya's storyline is heading

-Jon Snow is in a tough spot, really curious to see how he handles the situation

-Tyrion rules

-I hope that dragon Khaleesi is giving up winds up killing that guy and making it's way back to her, so she gets those soldiers for free. (Also I like her new slave lady friend).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody is on board with this season huh?

-Cat Stark is really unlikeable.

-I like where Arya's storyline is heading

-Jon Snow is in a tough spot, really curious to see how he handles the situation

-Tyrion rules

-I hope that dragon Khaleesi is giving up winds up killing that guy and making it's way back to her, so she gets those soldiers for free. (Also I like her new slave lady friend).

-Oh, and the Kingslayer's hand, ouch.

i'm very much watching.. just finding it hard to discuss without giving stuff away haha.. lots going on coming up here.. danny's story line is about to go crazy, as is jon's, and robb's.. the whole storyline really goes beserk here shortly. (if i'm not confusing book 4 and book 3)

we'll have to see how the next few episodes go, but jamie losing his hand was a much more intense event in the book IMO

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm very much watching.. just finding it hard to discuss without giving stuff away haha.. lots going on coming up here.. danny's story line is about to go crazy, as is jon's, and robb's.. the whole storyline really goes beserk here shortly. (if i'm not confusing book 4 and book 3)

we'll have to see how the next few episodes go, but jamie losing his hand was a much more intense event in the book IMO

Yikes, that whole scene had me saying "holy shit"!

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving it. Just every moment. After two seasons, I'm so fully into the world they've created, that they can talk about managing finances and I'm just excited to be there.

And the Kingslayer scene at the end was awesome!

Anybody know some good resources if you want to follow up on the characters, factions, etc.. without giving anything away?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving it. Just every moment. After two seasons, I'm so fully into the world they've created, that they can talk about managing finances and I'm just excited to be there.

And the Kingslayer scene at the end was awesome!

Anybody know some good resources if you want to follow up on the characters, factions, etc.. without giving anything away?

I think HBO may have some stuff that goes along with the show to help with that sort of stuff, maybe on HBOGo? Just stay away from any forum, as things will be spoiled very quickly. The wiki on Westeros.org is awesome, but again, major spoilers for a lot there...

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think HBO may have some stuff that goes along with the show to help with that sort of stuff, maybe on HBOGo? Just stay away from any forum, as things will be spoiled very quickly. The wiki on Westeros.org is awesome, but again, major spoilers for a lot there...

Yeah, you have to be careful for sure! My parents have the books and I just glanced at the appendix. It mentioned a certain character's demise.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Sly would've appreciated this:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Theon is a sucker

-Saw a more sadistic side of Varys (although justified)

-Khaleesi is leaving a trail of dead leaders everywhere she goes
Her father the mad king (dead), Khal Drago (dead), the 13 in Qarth (dead), Slave trader guy (dead). Her storyline is probably my favorite at this point.

-No Robb, no Jon Snow

-Why did everyone in the Nightswatch start fighting each other? It should've been 100 vs 2 when that shit went down.

-Great episode for the Tyrel's although I think they may be done for. Cersei will find a way to get them out of the picture either by having them killed or maybe framing them for something?

-Tyrion and Tywin, great as always.

-Is the Brotherhood's hideout where the Red Woman is heading? Seems they're on board with the fire god as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Theon is a sucker

no kidding and what a mind fuck that must have been. they are really breaking him.

-Saw a more sadistic side of Varys (although justified)

loved it. after hearing what that guy did to him wow. I like Varys the snake lol

-Khaleesi is leaving a trail of dead leaders everywhere she goes
Her father the mad king (dead), Khal Drago (dead), the 13 in Qarth (dead), Slave trader guy (dead). Her storyline is probably my favorite at this point.

now she has an army and dragons. does anyone fighting for the iron throne really know whats coming for them on both sides

-No Robb, no Jon Snow

good the last 2 episodes they tried to put too many storylines in it was muddled. I like the way this one flowed

-Why did everyone in the Nightswatch start fighting each other? It should've been 100 vs 2 when that shit went down.

starving, frozen, hunted.... gone crazy

-Great episode for the Tyrel's although I think they may be done for. Cersei will find a way to get them out of the picture either by having them killed or maybe framing them for something?

without reading the book I think really that Cersei is in trouble here I feel her father will allow Jofferey to be controlled by the Tyrels but in the back it will be him running everything.

-Tyrion and Tywin, great as always.

always fantastic.

-Is the Brotherhood's hideout where the Red Woman is heading? Seems they're on board with the fire god as well.

yeah I got that as well. Dog looked concerned over having to fight that guy. I didnt think that was possible from him i know nothing of the guy with the patch

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
recorded it last night and will watch it tonight.. i'm very excited to see how they did the dany scene, if i remember how he worded it in the books it was just epic

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
recorded it last night and will watch it tonight.. i'm very excited to see how they did the dany scene, if i remember how he worded it in the books it was just epic

Without having read the books, I would say epic is a great way to describe that scene. That just became my favorite storyline.