• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any scene with Lady Tyrel, Tyrion or Tywin is must see TV. It's so good. The Tywin/Lady Tyrel scene was fantastic.

agreed!

i'm also starting to like the little finger/vaerys conflict too.. both of those characters are so devious.. though, i do think they deviated from the book a little with last night's.. i thought the chick that died, died for a different reason and by a different person in the book (not saying in case they do use that theme for a different killing.. would be good TV if they did IMO).. though, they continue to make joffrey more and more hatable by the epsiode

Last edited by a moderator:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed!

i'm also starting to like the little finger/vaerys conflict too.. both of those characters are so devious.. though, i do think they deviated from the book a little with last night's.. i thought the chick that died, died for a different reason and by a different person in the book (not saying in case they do use that theme for a different killing.. would be good TV if they did IMO).. though, they continue to make joffrey more and more hatable by the epsiode

I think you may be confusing people. The person that died in the way that you thought another person didn't die was not in the book. ;)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm almost done reading the 3rd book and i was still under the impression that it had a layer of ice on the outside, not a full sheet of ice

real solid episode again last night.. i really like the kings landing story-line.. tywin is such a hard ass

Ahhh okay. That would make more sense. That guy isn't exactly being portrayed as the smartest so I shouldn't have just taken it as fact. A wall of ice in the north might work well against the regular threats in the north but probably not so well against dragons if they ever found their way up there for some reason.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple of comments regarding the last episode:

-Had a feeling the Red Woman was heading to meet up with the Brotherhood once it was revealed they worshipped the Lord Of Light. Curious to find out if they know he's Robert's son, and therefore Stanis' nephew.

-I'm not sure what to expect next for Jon Snow and the Wildlings, are they good? Are they bad? Are they just going to pillage and plunder?

-Every storyline in Kings Landing is fantastic. We already mentioned Tywin/Lady Tyrell, but then the awkward exchange between Loris and Sansa, turns out they both hate Kings Landing, Varys and Littlefinger trying to one up one another, Tyrion's uncomfortable news for Sansa and Shae, and Let's not forget Joffrey getting some target practice in.

-I guess it will cause problems in the future, but Robb and whoever the other guy is should just marry what's his faces daughters. It would just be sham marriage, where they still sleep with other people and don't see their "wives" for extended periods of time. I don't know how divorce is viewed in Westeros, but that's an option as well.

-Whoever has Theon is a sadistic fuck, really want to know who that is.

-I have minimal interest in Bran's storyline. Is it possible those people he's with are bad? In his dream/vision last week the kid was telling him to catch the raven, but when Cat arrived in his vision she was yelling at him to stop climbing. Maybe I'm looking into that a bit too much?

-No Khaleesi this week.

-Also, we need more Bronn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be confusing people. The person that died in the way that you thought another person didn't die was not in the book. ;)

lol, now i'm confused. wasn't the chick that joffrey lit up in the bedroom alayaya (sp?)?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, now i'm confused. wasn't the chick that joffrey lit up in the bedroom alayaya (sp?)?

That was Ros. I suppose she did take the place of both Alayaya and Chataya, among others, though.

And to the other question, the whole wall is made out of ice. It is thought that some sort of magic may have been used to create it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Whoever has Theon is a sadistic fuck, really want to know who that is.

They have said who it is who has him and there are other clues. If you want a reminder PM me.

And to the other question, the whole wall is made out of ice. It is thought that some sort of magic may have been used to create it.

Aye it is ice and they say that each Lord Commander through the hundreds of years has added to it to make it higher, im guessing they just add more snow pack to the top so it thaws and freezes again making it hard ice through the "warmer" days.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also am I the only one who thought the last episode was kind of bleh? I mean they are all pretty good but that one, nothing really happened. It was an episode to set up things for the rest of the season but the best part was the the conversation between tywin and the old Tyrel. For how much more they have to cover to match the 3rd book (if they are still doing the 3rd season = 3rd book) they have to squeeze a lot into the last 4 episodes. I'm starting to wonder if they will be starting to split the books and the seasons apart especially because the 7th book wont be out for probably 5 more years??

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also am I the only one who thought the last episode was kind of bleh? I mean they are all pretty good but that one, nothing really happened. It was an episode to set up things for the rest of the season but the best part was the the conversation between tywin and the old Tyrel. For how much more they have to cover to match the 3rd book (if they are still doing the 3rd season = 3rd book) they have to squeeze a lot into the last 4 episodes. I'm starting to wonder if they will be starting to split the books and the seasons apart especially because the 7th book wont be out for probably 5 more years??

I kind of felt that as well, however after 2 straight A+ episodes I think they had to let us catch our breath a bit.

From what I understand the books are still a work in progress so it wouldn't be the worst thing to stretch the seasons/books out a bit. Could you imagine if the series caught up to the books and they weren't complete? That would suck beyond belief.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
book 3 is split into two seasons. it's a pretty good sign that filler episodes are still so good.

i also am starting to realize that this show is really best watched multiple episodes at a time. i figured this out midway through last season and started watching the previous week episode before watching the new one, and the result was great, but now i see why. with so many story lines, it can feel very choppy if it is just one episode, but with 2 or maybe even three back to back the flow is much better and you get to see story lines flesh out more from beginning to current position. this seems to be especially relevant to storylines that may only have 1-2 scenes per episode.

i imagine the bran story line would benefit greatly from such viewing habits.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm almost done reading the 3rd book and i was still under the impression that it had a layer of ice on the outside, not a full sheet of ice

real solid episode again last night.. i really like the kings landing story-line.. tywin is such a hard ass

I just finished the 3rd and began the 4th today. Totally wtf ending to the 3rd book. And totally wtf beginning to the 4th

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Ros. I suppose she did take the place of both Alayaya and Chataya, among others, though.

hm.. the end of the alayaya story line could've been a suspenseful scene on TV i think..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aye it is ice and they say that each Lord Commander through the hundreds of years has added to it to make it higher, im guessing they just add more snow pack to the top so it thaws and freezes again making it hard ice through the "warmer" days.

i guess i missed that.. bound to happen with these books though, so many characters and details to keep straight

I just finished the 3rd and began the 4th today. Totally wtf ending to the 3rd book. And totally wtf beginning to the 4th

i think i'm like a chapter away from finishing the 3rd book.. i bought the 4-pack on my kindle so it's hard to tell haha

i also haven't read in months.. i dno why, just haven't picked it up. the last chapter i read was definitely full of wtf though.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i guess i missed that.. bound to happen with these books though, so many characters and details to keep straight

i think i'm like a chapter away from finishing the 3rd book.. i bought the 4-pack on my kindle so it's hard to tell haha

i also haven't read in months.. i dno why, just haven't picked it up. the last chapter i read was definitely full of wtf though.

Yes it's the epilogue that'll get ya...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of felt that as well, however after 2 straight A+ episodes I think they had to let us catch our breath a bit.

From what I understand the books are still a work in progress so it wouldn't be the worst thing to stretch the seasons/books out a bit. Could you imagine if the series caught up to the books and they weren't complete? That would suck beyond belief.

Yes he is still writing them. He said the show will catch up after the 6th book is out but before the 7th. There could even end up being 8 books. Check out the wikipedia page for the Song of Fire and Ice series.(name of that GoT series) Be warned they mention certain characters will be in certain books so it could be a spoiler but it tells of his writing process and why there are such gaps between the books and also why he split some like he did. It was supposed to only be a trilogy apparently.

book 3 is split into two seasons. it's a pretty good sign that filler episodes are still so good.

Did they say that it was split for sure? I hadn't seen that anywhere but was starting to guess that it was.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol summed up well, that's exactly what I said to myself while reading it too

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay episode after a couple of awesome ones.. Looking forward to the last part of the season.

900!