• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what was the White Walkers plan before they got the dragon?

Did everyone think Theon would try to kill Jon in that scene?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No actual clue on how they were getting over the wall without the dragon.

Yes, I thought he was going to try to kill him.

Reactions: gob

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was really good. Of all the cool things that happened my favorite part of the episode might have been Tyrion and Bronn's scene.

My fav individual scenes

Littlefinger begging
Brown and Tyrion
Tyrion and Cersai
The Mountain and The Hound

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, he was getting too close and talking about the bad things he did. I thought an assassination attempt was coming.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you think Cersai was going to kill Jaime? I knew she wouldn't kill Tyrion but I thought she would Jaimie ... She is dumber than I thought for not following through on her promise to Dany. She may have no army to defend her keep if Jaimie takes them away

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get how the sisters go from arguing and one threatening to murder the other last week to double-teaming on Baelish as if this was their grand plan all along.

Also, Baelish schemes and lies his way through the ranks of power for his entire life but loses a trial to these two nitwits who have zero evidence to back them up other than a teenager who thinks he's a bird?

Doesn’t Cersei’s plan to double-cross Team Firewolf go kaput by allowing her brlover to run off to join and warn them? Why didn’t she just kill him?

Why hasn’t anybody killed fucking Reek yet? Kill him. Kill him immediately. Nobody cares about you. You are not a Stark despite what Lord Cousinfucker tells you!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you think Cersai was going to kill Jaime? I knew she wouldn't kill Tyrion but I thought she would Jaimie ... She is dumber than I thought for not following through on her promise to Dany. She may have no army to defend her keep if Jaimie takes them away

Yes, I thought he was done for. Figured he's a big enough character but not necessarily vital to the plot. A bit surprised at the lack of death (Littlefinger was a big one). I guess they're saving all the heartache for next season.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I thought he was done for. Figured he's a big enough character but not necessarily vital to the plot. A bit surprised at the lack of death (Littlefinger was a big one). I guess they're saving all the heartache for next season.

Actually I thought killing Jaimie would have been a massive plot movement in that she cut off the head of her own army but she may have done that anyway with her words.

When does season 8 come?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I thought killing Jaimie would have been a massive plot movement in that she cut off the head of her own army but she may have done that anyway with her words.

When does season 8 come?
Sometime in 2024 or so.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked a bad week to go on vacation. Caught up now.

I see online that some did not like the negotiation scene. I thought it was solid.

I don’t get how the sisters go from arguing and one threatening to murder the other last week to double-teaming on Baelish as if this was their grand plan all along.

Or was it ?

Finally, I just dont see all the alleged "conflict" between Jon and Sansa. I see a young woman playing the game. I think she is solidly on Team Jon, and at most is trying to give Baelisch a false sense of security. I am not buying all the Internet speculation of a rift between the two.

Since others have posted about Littlefinger, I wont spolier the following. I am sure it was more than a coincidence that Arya went to her patented throat slit move. Saves the face for future use. I think Aidan Gillen is well like by both the producers and fans alike, so it would not surprise me to see him "back" next year, as in, Arya travels to Kings Landing to mess with Cersei wearing Littlefinger's face.

Why hasn’t anybody killed fucking Reek yet? Kill him. Kill him immediately. Nobody cares about you. You are not a Stark despite what Lord Cousinfucker tells you!

Amen, brother. He saiis off in one little rowboat against big bad uncle (who is busy gathering up a 20,000 strong army)?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Baelish schemes and lies his way through the ranks of power for his entire life but loses a trial to these two nitwits who have zero evidence to back them up other than a teenager who thinks he's a bird?

You bought that "arguing"? One sister is a killer who lives in the shadows and the raven gimp can see all ... they knew that pos baelish was somewhere around a corner peaking his head out watching and thinking his "plan" to pull them apart was somehow gonna work. Good effort putz :clap:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked a bad week to go on vacation. Caught up now.

Im in LA. watched it at midnight in the hotel room after a day at universal and the kids finally going to sleep lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bought that "arguing"? One sister is a killer who lives in the shadows and the raven gimp can see all ... they knew that pos baelish was somewhere around a corner peaking his head out watching and thinking his "plan" to pull them apart was somehow gonna work. Good effort putz :clap:
But like…we’re just assuming that he was within earshot? If that’s the case they couldn’t just show him after the argument with that little smirk on his face? I'm assuming important people have lived in that room at Winterfell, is it that easy to eavesdrop on without anybody noticing?

And if this was the endgame, why wait all this time to kill Baelish? What if he decided to leave Winterfell in the months that have passed since the battle? What were they waiting on? Bran? Sansa could’ve done this at any time and it’s not like she gained any new info or valuable intel or wisdom or anything from Baelish in the intervening time.

Could’ve/should’ve been done better.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But like…we’re just assuming that he was within earshot? If that’s the case they couldn’t just show him after the argument with that little smirk on his face? I'm assuming important people have lived in that room at Winterfell, is it that easy to eavesdrop on without anybody noticing?

And if this was the endgame, why wait all this time to kill Baelish? What if he decided to leave Winterfell in the months that have passed since the battle? What were they waiting on? Bran? Sansa could’ve done this at any time and it’s not like she gained any new info or valuable intel or wisdom or anything from Baelish in the intervening time.

Could’ve/should’ve been done better.

Starks probably wanted to be on the giving end of a dramatically staged bloody double cross for once lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In season one there was an entire episode devoted to raven training and Winterfell acoustics. Seemed silly then, but makes sense now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else watch Twin Peaks last night? Its had its ups and downs but when its been good, its been really good. I probably wont have as good of a TV night with GOT finale and Twin Peaks as I did last night in a long time.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else watch Twin Peaks last night? Its had its ups and downs but when its been good, its been really good. I probably wont have as good of a TV night with GOT finale and Twin Peaks as I did last night in a long time.

With got done I'm in order

Jessica Jones
Luke cage
Iron fist
Defenders