• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally caught up and can check this thread again! I thought the ending of that episode was predictable as hell but that didn't make it less exhilarating. Some of those warriors were approaching LOTR level badassness... after so many seasons of build we're just getting episode after episode of action.

Only storyline I don't like is Arya's heel turn. I like her, and don't really like Sansa, but grow up. Sansa had to put up with two of the most sadistic fucking cunts as husbands while you were off galavanting in another continent. With Bran being a complete dipshit now they are really ruining what should have been some of the most emotionally satisfying reunion moments of the show. Missed writing opportunity IMO.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally caught up and can check this thread again! I thought the ending of that episode was predictable as hell but that didn't make it less exhilarating. Some of those warriors were approaching LOTR level badassness... after so many seasons of build we're just getting episode after episode of action.

Only storyline I don't like is Arya's heel turn. I like her, and don't really like Sansa, but grow up. Sansa had to put up with two of the most sadistic fucking cunts as husbands while you were off galavanting in another continent. With Bran being a complete dipshit now they are really ruining what should have been some of the most emotionally satisfying reunion moments of the show. Missed writing opportunity IMO.

Regarding Arya, is there any chance she's somehow playing Littlefinger? Could she purposely be following his trap so that he reveals his hand?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't Dany wearing a coat? Big burly hard men fucking froze to death and this woman is just "Nah, parkas are for wusses"?

At least wear a scarf. Bad judgment. Poor choice for queen. Sad!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't Dany wearing a coat? Big burly hard men fucking froze to death and this woman is just "Nah, parkas are for wusses"?

At least wear a scarf. Bad judgment. Poor choice for queen. Sad!

Probably the same reason she can't be burned? I dunno, just go with it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts:

They could use Cerseis anti dragon crossbows on the Ice Dragon.

Hound/Mountain reunion?

Someone major has to die next week right?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with both of these. Even if Arya is angry at Sansa and the two have never been fond of one another, the near insinuation she might take her out is way too far. Remember though that Bran isn't Bran anymore ("I'm not Lebowski, I'm the dude, man."), so I actually think that part makes sense. Shame, because I really was sure several seasons ago that GOT was going to end with Bran taking mind control of the dragons. Who knows, maybe that will still come in to play.

Especially now with zombie dragon! #ZombieDragon

Also, I didn't know Arya quite LITERALLY had faces in her bag. I thought it was more of a mystical type thing, not so much a Halloween mask.

I wish they had killed Jon last night though. As much as I love his character, I think it would have been great for the show. The near deaths of Jamie, Jon, TeamBadAss, etc. with narrow escapes at the last moment and incredibly fortuitous timing of people showing up to save the day (dragons, Uncle Benjin) reeked of happy ending major motion pictures, not Game of Thrones.

Still, despite all that... one of my favorite episodes.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they had killed Jon last night though. As much as I love his character, I think it would have been great for the show. The near deaths of Jamie, Jon, TeamBadAss, etc. with narrow escapes at the last moment and incredibly fortuitous timing of people showing up to save the day (dragons, Uncle Benjin) reeked of happy ending major motion pictures, not Game of Thrones.

Still, despite all that... one of my favorite episodes.
Jon's a numbskull. He's just like "okay, I'll kneel to you" without contemplating how those who pledged loyalty to him might take that. I hope his ass gets betrayed and Littlefinger becomes King in the North.

Also, what was with him giving Jorah Stupidface his father's sword? "Oh hai, I've known you for 20 minutes and my dad was supposed to behead you and you've got a TOTALLY BADASS sibling who now lords over the lands you were supposed to lord over but why don't you take your family (ya know, the one that disowned and disavowed you) sword back?

Impeach Jon. We want Baelish.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon's a numbskull. He's just like "okay, I'll kneel to you" without contemplating how those who pledged loyalty to him might take that. I hope his ass gets betrayed and Littlefinger becomes King in the North.

Also, what was with him giving Jorah Stupidface his father's sword? "Oh hai, I've known you for 20 minutes and my dad was supposed to behead you and you've got a TOTALLY BADASS sibling who now lords over the lands you were supposed to lord over but why don't you take your family (ya know, the one that disowned and disavowed you) sword back?

Impeach Jon. We want Baelish.

#neverbaelish

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#neverbaelish
Why not? The Starks are all morons (the only decent Stark was Uncle Benny and for some reason he just rode around beyond the wall stalking the dumb Starks until one of them needed his help), the Lannisters are impulsive, the dragon lady with improper outerwear isn’t answering anyone’s questions about what she plans to do once in power or who to install as a successor (and seems like she’s probably as crazy as her old fam)…

The only one playing the long game here is Baelish, the scrappy young upstart who came from nothing. He deserves the W.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't know what I'll do with myself if they kill off Baelish. I think he's earned it, didn't have it handed to him like the others. He's blue collar, worked his way up. As a working man I can respect that.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? The Starks are all morons (the only decent Stark was Uncle Benny and for some reason he just rode around beyond the wall stalking the dumb Starks until one of them needed his help), the Lannisters are impulsive, the dragon lady with improper outerwear isn’t answering anyone’s questions about what she plans to do once in power or who to install as a successor (and seems like she’s probably as crazy as her old fam)…

The only one playing the long game here is Baelish, the scrappy young upstart who came from nothing. He deserves the W.

:think:

2FA5284E00000578-3376503-image-a-51_1451331532720.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varys is the TRUE man of the people ... hes the one who came from nothing ... Id give him a shot but fear he doesnt have the balls to be a good leader

:think: