• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Trade Deadline Deals

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could be a great deal for St. Louis if they can sign Miller - keep in mind both those guys will be UFAs this summer. That's a steep price to pay for a possible rental.

If Miller walks, and the Blues can't get deep into the playoffs, they will have gotten ripped off.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got a point there but if St Louis hasn't at least talked to Miller's agent about an extension they weren't doing their job.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got a point there but if St Louis hasn't at least talked to Miller's agent about an extension they weren't doing their job.

Ox

Miller is eligible to be signed immediately being a pending GIII and after Jan 1, but Blues policy has always been to not talk contract until the end of the season. I remember this being a point of contention for Keith Tkachuk when he was about to go UFA and was pressing the Blues to get a deal done before July 1. He ended up getting traded to Atlanta.

I actually hate the Blues, and while I think Miller is an upgrade to both Halak and Elliott (there is that name again I can't stand) I would love to see them flame out no later than the WCSFs AND have Miller go elsewhere.

I'm curious to see how Miller handles the WC, he has seen nothing consistently from these teams - big, powerful contenders overall - compared to the East.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of updates on the Miller trade, looks like Blues GM Doug Armstrong made this move in direct relation to the Kings, not to mention other teams in the WC:

In each of the past two seasons, the Blues have been eliminated by Los Angeles Kings with overflowing tenacity and exceptional goaltending by Jonathan Quick. In theory, the Blues have upgraded their goaltending, plus added another proven playoff agitator in Ott.

"We've ran into the best goaltender in the game the last two years in Quick," Armstrong said. "He's an elite player and we need to try to move past him and to move past the competition to get to him. I just think this gives a better opportunity to have success in the playoffs."

Also, for Ox, this looks like purely a rental move on the surface - the 1st round pick is guaranteed in 2015 but the 3rd round pick in 2016 can become a 1st round pick in 2014 if the Blues make the WCF or if Miller resigns with the Blues before this year's draft.

The Blues are going for it all this season. I simply don't see it, a lot of guys are having career years and guys like Steen who have played over their heads are already petering out.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing a move for a defenseman during the trade deadline. Hell I'm not convinced we are making any big moves. I see them looking for a true #2 dman during the summer when the cap goes up.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lombardi doesn't make any deals before the summer. I know he's looking to upgrade the offense but he may not be willing to give up what the sellers are asking, especially for a rental.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: CANADIENS PLACE D DREWISKE ON WAIVERS

Montreal Canadiens defenceman Davis Drewiske is re-locating.

The team announced that the 29-year-old defenceman will not be travelling to Los Angeles for Monday's game against the Kings and has been placed on waivers.

If he goes claimed, he will report to the American Hockey League's Hamilton Bulldogs.

The Canadiens acquired Drewiske from the Kings prior to the 2013 trade deadline in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.

In 135 career games between the two teams, he has scored five goals and added 20 assists. :frown:

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone brought up making a deal for Erhoff to play with Doughty on the top pair. Id be all for that.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lombardi doesn't make any deals before the summer. I know he's looking to upgrade the offense but he may not be willing to give up what the sellers are asking, especially for a rental.

Ox

I agree, Dumbo hasn't really been in the renters market overall as a GM, his moves are long-term.

Like Deader said, I don't see the Kings making a move for a defender either unless something falls into his lap. I do think he may make a move for a winger but only if it doesn't gut the team.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone brought up making a deal for Erhoff to play with Doughty on the top pair. Id be all for that.

Ehrhoff is a decent defender but dude still has 7 years left on a 10 year/$40 million deal. At his age, I don't think it's wise - he's 31.

If the term was shorter I would totally be on board though, he is a solid defenseman.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: CANADIENS PLACE D DREWISKE ON WAIVERS

Montreal Canadiens defenceman Davis Drewiske is re-locating.

The team announced that the 29-year-old defenceman will not be travelling to Los Angeles for Monday's game against the Kings and has been placed on waivers.

If he goes claimed, he will report to the American Hockey League's Hamilton Bulldogs.

The Canadiens acquired Drewiske from the Kings prior to the 2013 trade deadline in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.

In 135 career games between the two teams, he has scored five goals and added 20 assists. :frown:

Solid number 6-7 guy, hopefully he gets a shot. I think a team like NY or Edmonton might bite.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid number 6-7 guy, hopefully he gets a shot. I think a team like NY or Edmonton might bite.

Ox and I were talking about him yesterday. I was saying much like Martinez, he does what he does with little complaints. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but doesn't do wow much either. I would think some team will claim him.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capgeek has him on LTIR and he hasn't played all season.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capgeek has him on LTIR and he hasn't played all season.

Shoulder injury if I recall, can't Waive a guy if he is on IR so he must be off and it hasn't been updated.

I think someone will take a claim on him, he is a great teammate and not a bad physical defender.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ox and I were talking about him yesterday. I was saying much like Martinez, he does what he does with little complaints. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes but doesn't do wow much either. I would think some team will claim him.

He was a good soldier, he just became expendable when the Kings got better and acquired guys like Scuderi and Mitchell.

Did what was asked, never bitched or complained.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2