• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
31 school shootings in USA since Columbine.
14 combined in the rest of the world.

yeah, I'd say something needs to be changed

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 school shootings in USA since Columbine.
14 combined in the rest of the world.

yeah, I'd say something needs to be changed

no kidding. very sad statistic for a country that is supposed to be a 'model for society'

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. In fact, you couldn't be more wrong.

I don't feel any personal shame for bringing this subject up in a thread like this. Not one bit of shame.

26 people died today because a gun meant for a battlefield was brought into a school.

If you don't want to read about gun control in a thread about people dying by gun violence, then I suggest you don't read this thread. And shame on you for passing judgment on me. I said more than once in this thread that I feel extreme pain for the innocent who've died today. Apparently, you must have missed that part of my posts.

I will not argue the point but the weapons used in todays tragedy are not weapons meant for the battlefield. A Glock and Sig Sauer pistol was used.

Connecticut school shooting claims nearly 30 lives, source says - CNN.com

Much more important is the tragedy of this event by yet another crazy lunatic. So many kids killed and adults. Let alone the poor survivors who will have this emotional scar forever.

RIP

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooter likely had someone else's ID on him - reason for name confusion. No positive ID on shooter at this time.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not argue the point but the weapons used in todays tragedy are not weapons meant for the battlefield. A Glock and Sig Sauer pistol was used.

Connecticut school shooting claims nearly 30 lives, source says - CNN.com

Much more important is the tragedy of this event by yet another crazy lunatic. So many kids killed and adults. Let alone the poor survivors who will have this emotional scar forever.

RIP

used to kill pesky squirrels?

702035551.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this one is the last straw for me as far as the 2nd amendment goes.. i wouldn't really be surprised if it's the last straw for a lot of people

kindergarteners.. unbelievable..

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this one is the last straw for me as far as the 2nd amendment goes.. i wouldn't really be surprised if it's the last straw for a lot of people

kindergarteners.. unbelievable..

I agree.

I am as big a 2nd supporter as there is but I also agree that something needs to change. The current system is not working. Banning specific weapons is a knee jerk response and most likely one that will come to light very soon. I would prefer Federal changes in how one is to purchase any weapon at all.

Another thing I would want to see is that you MUST have a safe to store said weapons.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gun control wont fix this. it wont stop it. its goes beyond. education systems have to change the ability to identify signs has to change. it goes way beyond controlling which gun is being sold. it will help yes. but its not the point. understanding this has to be a top study. maybe we have too many free rights as citizens we obviously cannot control ourselves. maybe we need more control

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we need more control

I don't think more control is the answer Matty, but taking more responsibility and accountability for our actions as well as considering how the decisions we make impact other people would be a step in the right direction.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jstew.

A Bushmaster .223 is a AR 15. I am not trying to be a smart ass. I just do not know if you understand that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think more control is the answer Matty, but taking more responsibility and accountability for our actions would be a step in the right direction.

which leads back to education to me

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gun control wont fix this. it wont stop it. its goes beyond. education systems have to change the ability to identify signs has to change. it goes way beyond controlling which gun is being sold. it will help yes. but its not the point. understanding this has to be a top study. maybe we have too many free rights as citizens we obviously cannot control ourselves. maybe we need more control

i agree that needs to happen, but in the meantime, i'm starting to think gun bans are completely necessary.. it sucks to 'punish' the majority because of the acts of a very small minority.. but sometimes you have to do it to protect them

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone misidentified that gun in the image as used in the shooting

authorities now say the 3rd gun was a .223 Bushmaster

Bushmaster .223: Accurate, inexpensive - CNN

yah like i said ... for killing squirrels :L

th

Also my bad because I am also talking about the Conn shooting not the Oregon shooting. You are correct a AR 15 was used in Oregon..

How fucking sad is this that I am confused on which shooting we are talking about.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that needs to happen, but in the meantime, i'm starting to think gun bans are completely necessary.. it sucks to 'punish' the majority because of the acts of a very small minority.. but sometimes you have to do it to protect them

Im in favour of it. always have been. I think the US will take a different action here I think. had to take the slaughter of innocent children in a school room to do it but I think something will happen this time. this was not a high school or middle school this was an elementary school and right or wrong the vision in the deep recess of someones minds will be affected more.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I am as big a 2nd supporter as there is but I also agree that something needs to change. The current system is not working. Banning specific weapons is a knee jerk response and most likely one that will come to light very soon. I would prefer Federal changes in how one is to purchase any weapon at all.

Another thing I would want to see is that you MUST have a safe to store said weapons.

That's all well and good and I have said people should be able to hunt and target shoot but not with assault rifles. The problem is the bad guys are not going to play by the "rules". If you outlaw assault rifles on January 1st I doubt that gang members and nutjobs are going to say "shit we have to turn in our guns".

The problem is getting them off of the streets and that's no easy task. Guns do not have a shelve live and are not bi-degradable...they don't just rot and go away. They last forever.