• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also my bad because I am also talking about the Conn shooting not the Oregon shooting. You are correct a AR 15 was used in Oregon..

How fucking sad is this that I am confused on which shooting we are talking about.

he had the other 2 guns as well B. but yes that is the one that he used as his primary.

but wait are the hand guns used the exact same as the Oregon shooting? if so holy fucking copy cat.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040
Of the 139 guns possessed by mass killers in USA, more than three quarters were obtained legally.

it shouldnt be as easy as "you want fries with that?"

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough, because it isn't the right answer. Twisted people will still be able to get their hands on firearms.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not argue the point but the weapons used in todays tragedy are not weapons meant for the battlefield. A Glock and Sig Sauer pistol was used.

Connecticut school shooting claims nearly 30 lives, source says - CNN.com

Much more important is the tragedy of this event by yet another crazy lunatic. So many kids killed and adults. Let alone the poor survivors who will have this emotional scar forever.

RIP

In addition to the pistols, the killer also was in possession of an AR styled .223 semi-automatic rifle. That is most-definitely a weapon built with a purpose to be used on a battlefield.

It serves no other purpose than to kill other human beings. You don't hunt big game with an assault rifle.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough, because it isn't the right answer. Twisted people will still be able to get their hands on firearms.

or a car that could be used to run down a field trip or onto a playground.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good and I have said people should be able to hunt and target shoot but not with assault rifles. The problem is the bad guys are not going to play by the "rules". If you outlaw assault rifles on January 1st I doubt that gang members and nutjobs are going to say "shit we have to turn in our guns".

The problem is getting them off of the streets and that's no easy task. Guns do not have a shelve live and are not bi-degradable...they don't just rot and go away. They last forever.

A very good point Bossman. I am not going to lie and say that I do not enjoy shooting my AR15 because I do. It is a awesome weapon but I am not the problem because I am always insure safety is prioirty #1 and my guns are not only locked up in a safe but they also have tamper proof trigger locks on them while in the safe.

Old saying "ban guns and only outlaws will have guns" is true. It would take years and years to remove all guns of any type from the general public. It is for sure a very tricky subject and not one easily overcome. I do not hold the answers on how to stop lunatics from doing this stuff. I wish I did.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or a car that could be used to run down a field trip or onto a playground.

There really is no way to truly stop this shit from happening. If people can think it (for the most part) it will happen.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gun debate in the media is going to be ridiculous in the coming weeks. You're going to have republicans against increased gun control in turn making them look not sympathetic. The fact that events like this always have to turn political is just awful.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good point Bossman. I am not going to lie and say that I do not enjoy shooting my AR15 because I do. It is a awesome weapon but I am not the problem because I am always insure safety is prioirty #1 and my guns are not only locked up in a safe but they also have tamper proof trigger locks on them while in the safe.

Old saying "ban guns and only outlaws will have guns" is true. It would take years and years to remove all guns of any type from the general public. It is for sure a very tricky subject and not one easily overcome. I do not hold the answers on how to stop lunatics from doing this stuff. I wish I did.

Thanks for the reply BF4. I thought I was posting stealth for a minute there. :D

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had the other 2 guns as well B. but yes that is the one that he used as his primary.

but wait are the hand guns used the exact same as the Oregon shooting? if so holy fucking copy cat.

I am confused.

The Oregon lunatic did use a AR15 as well as having a pistol if I am correct.

The lunatic in CT today had 2 pistols.

In either case innocent life was taken and todays events really have me spinning on my rights with teh 2nd. I love my guns and the experience with like minded people is one that I cherish but all of those kids dead cause of some lunatic has made me pause and reconsider.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres only so much that can be done ... but it should be about minimization of risk ... at least try to ... because right now doing nothing seems to be leading to counting dead bodies of innocents

that stat i posted ... 3/4 of mass murders committed using legally owned guns ... you think if restrictions and harder rules to obtain guns come into existance that the number of mass murders doesnt go down?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused.

In either case innocent life was taken and todays events really have me spinning on my rights with teh 2nd. I love my guns and the experience with like minded people is one that I cherish but all of those kids dead cause of some lunatic has made me pause and reconsider.

confusion comes from us using the same thread for this.

doesnt matter the guns to me today. kids are dead. young young kids.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused.

first reports said he had up to 4 ... authorities say they have now found 3 ... you stated 2 ... the 3rd one they found is the .223 bushmaster ... understood?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres only so much that can be done ... but it should be about minimization of risk ... at least try to ... because right now doing nothing seems to be leading to counting dead bodies of innocents

that stat i posted ... 3/4 of mass murders committed using legally owned guns ... you think if restrictions and harder rules to obtain guns come into existance that the number of mass murders doesnt go down?

I am 100% on board with harder restrictions for obtaining any weapon. I love the idea of 30 day waiting periods with good background checks.

If I want a AK47 and have the money to buy it and a place to safely shoot it then I can wait the 30 days to obtain it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in favour of it. always have been. I think the US will take a different action here I think. had to take the slaughter of innocent children in a school room to do it but I think something will happen this time. this was not a high school or middle school this was an elementary school and right or wrong the vision in the deep recess of someones minds will be affected more.

i agree.. and it is kind of sad that it took this, but i can't really judge.. i've been a somewhat defender of 2nd amendment rights.. but i dont think i can defend them any more

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the mass schoolchildren shooting in Dunblane, Scotland handguns were banned there