• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets stick our heads in the sand on gun control and instead glorify the killer today ... whats his name ... where did he live ... did he like to eat peaches

fuck that shit

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that the shooter was a 24 year old man whose mother was a teacher at the school. They found her dead in her home.

So was he pissed at his mom so he annihilated a bunch of innocent children? Just heartbreaking.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released information, with no evidence, of a shooter that is apparently incorrect. Released his name and hometown, and facebook picture. That facebook account has posted it's wrong. Add to this the whole interviewing of children, a hearty "SCREW YOU" to the media.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad day (again). For the dead RIP for the wounded hope for their recovery and for their families give them strength to get through this tragic day.

Like the clip posted earlier fuck the news networks that will try and be the first to get information by sticking a mic into a grieving family member's face to get a scoop on the story. I turn it on to get updates here and there but get sick at how they cover stories like this.

If you sit and watch this hour after hour you will get damned depressed.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released information, with no evidence, of a shooter that is apparently incorrect. Released his name and hometown, and facebook picture. That facebook account has posted it's wrong. Add to this the whole interviewing of children, a hearty "SCREW YOU" to the media.

Authorities did not release that name. Media outlet heard the "lives in NJ" and "parent in the school" and pinpointed that name. They know the shooters real name and are at his house in NJ.

Name will not be released until NoK are notified.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your post is similar to mine. The initial reports on stories like this are usually 90% wrong.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBCWashington ‏@nbcwashington
Gunman IDed as Ryan Lanza, 24. His mom was a kindergarten teacher & is among the dead. Lanza's father found dead in NJ.

NBC News ‏@NBCNews
Law enforcement officials say a family member of Ryan Lanza has been found shot to death at a home in Newtown, CT. Relationship unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Authorities did not release that name. Media outlet heard the "lives in NJ" and "parent in the school" and pinpointed that name. They know the shooters real name and are at his house in NJ.

Name will not be released until NoK are notified.

I know the authorities didn't release stuff...just disturbing that the media does this. I hope that those groups are forced to pay some retribution. Imagine being mistaken for this person.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who bring are bringing up gun control today just pisses me off. Yes its a problem but the day that a shooting happens isn't the day to talk about it.

Totally disagree. In fact, you couldn't be more wrong.

I don't feel any personal shame for bringing this subject up in a thread like this. Not one bit of shame.

26 people died today because a gun meant for a battlefield was brought into a school.

If you don't want to read about gun control in a thread about people dying by gun violence, then I suggest you don't read this thread. And shame on you for passing judgment on me. I said more than once in this thread that I feel extreme pain for the innocent who've died today. Apparently, you must have missed that part of my posts.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hearing the name is correct. 2nd arrestee was the shooter's brother who may have gone to warn mom and arrived too late.

One more dead at the home in CT. No ID yet.

Had more guns in the car.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Dickinson ‏@7im
gunman kills two dozen; media character-assassinates one more for good measure

Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza
so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't change anything, but it's something...

Even though I have a differing political philosophy from you, I think you have been a good representative for our district and want to first thank you for your years of service and wish you a happy retirement from public service. I actually had the pleasure of talking to your wife on a bus ride from a political event for several hours years ago and she could not have been a more lovely and friendly person.

But today, we witnessed yet again another tragic incident involving guns and schools. While I support an individual's rights to own firearms for sport and self-protection, even if I do not exercise it myself, it is clear we need to reshape our laws to protect our children and society from the ills that occur when high-powered guns fall into the hands of individuals with evil in their heart or illness in their mind.

There is no sound reason for individuals to own fully automatic rifles and weapons that can create massive and devastating damage like we have seen today and all over the country in recent years. Having these types of weapons serves as a danger to our safety and gives us a negative image across much of the rest of the first world.

I urge you to get engaged in and support legislation that does not destroy the right to bear arms, but limits that right in sensible ways with the goal of creating a safer society for all of us and our children. We once had a ban on automatic weapons in this country, and that law's repeal was a policy mistake.

Thank you so much for your service and I hope you will work towards this end in your final days in Congress.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Dickinson ‏@7im
gunman kills two dozen; media character-assassinates one more for good measure

Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza
so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?

Ooops.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Obama address the nation more as a father than a president (wiped away tears several times).

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Internet attacked the wrong guy. Imagine that.

Media keeps jumping to conclusions and sharing shit they weren't supposed to.

2 more in custody in NJ. One more dead in CT. Authorities getting very tight-lipped.

20 Children, 6 Adults, 1 Animal confirmed dead.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hearing the name is correct. 2nd arrestee was the shooter's brother who may have gone to warn mom and arrived too late.

One more dead at the home in CT. No ID yet.

Had more guns in the car.

now hearing it's not

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gained a lot of respect for Obama today. Showed he's a human. Sadly, it takes these moments for the nation to unite...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess all of those "No drug or gun zone" signs they put up around the schools years ago hasn't worked.

Another political band aid to a more serious problem. :L

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one who was hit survived.