• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an evolving school of thought that these areas are more likely to have issues with the class warfare the country seems to engage in for fun. The ones who don't have think it's okay to hate the ones who do.

Anyway, I just heard that the mother of the shooter was found dead in her home in New Jersey. Shooter was from there.

Wife's a Kindergarten teacher. Two of mine are in the same school with her. I want to just go live in some mountaintop fortress thousands of miles away from anyone else.

That is a very valid point. Class warfare is definitely a real issue in this country.

My brother and his wife are school teachers in PA. Never would I have ever dreamed that I would need to consider their safety as they go about their job. Just absolute insanity.

citizen_cane.gif

One need only look back on this thread to the incident in China. Some nutbar attacks a school with a knife. 20-some injured. NO FATALITIES.

You'll never get rid of all the fuckups but why do they need the very best killing tools out there?

I would like to preface this by saying that I am a hunter/outdoorsman. Been hunting since I turned 12 years old.

That style of gun has no purpose being sold to the public. NONE! You just aren't going to use that to hunt large game with. And if you aren't going to use it for that; what other purpose does it have?

It has no purpose. I'm sure there are people on this site who feel differently, because I have read posts that have said so. You don't have a leg to stand on with this issue. That gun has no purpose for the average American to own. NONE

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very valid point. Class warfare is definitely a real issue in this country.

My brother and his wife are school teachers in PA. Never would I have ever dreamed that I would need to consider their safety as they go about their job. Just absolute insanity.

I would like to preface this by saying that I am a hunter/outdoorsman. Been hunting since I turned 12 years old.

That style of gun has no purpose being sold to the public. NONE! You just aren't going to use that to hunt large game with. And if you aren't going to use it for that, what other purpose does it have?

It has no purpose

Agreed 100%.

Hunting Rifles have a legitimate purpose. Semi-auto handguns and assault rifles? Not so much.

As Pix said, you just can't trust that people will be responsible.

This just gets me so depressed. One of the shooters was practically a child himself.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100%.

Hunting Rifles have a legitimate purpose. Semi-auto handguns and assault rifles? Not so much.

This just gets me so depressed. One of the shooters was practically a child himself.

Despicable

I'm out

:rip: innocent people

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So little faith in humanity but I still have hope for our future I just can't find the words just tragic I'm gutted

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who bring are bringing up gun control today just pisses me off. Yes its a problem but the day that a shooting happens isn't the day to talk about it.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a real long discussion with this with a badge wearing friend of mine. I think we as a society have made it clear that we just don't seem capable of the responsibility that goes with a lot of things like gun ownership or having children.

I deal daily with people who can't even handle the responsibility of owning a computer.

Take any topic and logic can tell you the best path, but when you put people into it, the most logical path goes away. Like if you abolish speed limits, which makes sense and other societies prove can be done, all you will get is kids in their winged cars trying to go 200mph and people will die.

We worship and reward the quest for power, money, violence and winning above all else and nothing is going to change until we start to reward wisdom, common sense, peace and coexistence.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he killed his mom at the school and his dad at their home?

No. Not sure where the New Jersey / Home thing came from yet. His mother was a teacher at the school, and it was her classroom he wiped out. I have heard Kindergarten. Not sure yet.

No information on any other family.

Edit:

Shooter left Hoboken NJ last night. Police on scene at his home in NJ investigating. No one else there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who bring are bringing up gun control today just pisses me off. Yes its a problem but the day that a shooting happens isn't the day to talk about it.

I partially agree, I do, but how do you think bringing it up after a prolonged stretch of no gun violence would go over? If brought up next week some people who didnt want to talk about it would claim its still too soon.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart hasn't hurt like this in a long time. And I understand not wanting to talk about gun control. Just a reactionary response.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a real long discussion with this with a badge wearing friend of mine. I think we as a society have made it clear that we just don't seem capable of the responsibility that goes with a lot of things like gun ownership or having children.

I deal daily with people who can't even handle the responsibility of owning a computer.

Take any topic and logic can tell you the best path, but when you put people into it, the most logical path goes away. Like if you abolish speed limits, which makes sense and other societies prove can be done, all you will get is kids in their winged cars trying to go 200mph and people will die.

We worship and reward the quest for power, money, violence and winning above all else and nothing is going to change until we start to reward wisdom, common sense, peace and coexistence.

good post 43..

another dreadfully sad day in america...

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we should wait until we have, say, a week without a mass shooting before we talk about it?

Let me know when that happens.

I agree the time is not now. The time was years ago. Perhaps before automatic and semi-automatic firing systems were invented.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just gets me so depressed.

Focusing on freak show death gets anyone depressed. Thousands of people will die in this country today from accidents, guns, fires, cancer, heart disease, etc. And it's sadder when a death is violent, a young person, and senseless. But I refuse to focus on it because our country refuses to focus on solutions to the problem. We refuse to address gun control measures that would not destroy anyone's rights by simply limiting guns that have no legitimate purpose and we get more worked up when this happens in a white school every year than we do about the violence that kids in inner city and poor schools face EVERY day. We focus on the wrong things. We watch the freak show instead of doing something about it.

I just ignore it and move on with my day. I support anti-gun measures, anti-gun charities, and anti-gun officials. I've written my Congressman. Spending 3 hours today reading about it and watching stories about it won't bring anyone back or make me feel any better. Posting about it won't change anything. Do something instead.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

youre right

gun control should have been talked about YESTERDAY!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should wait until we have, say, a week without a mass shooting before we talk about it?

Let me know when that happens.

I agree the time is not now. The time was years ago. Perhaps before automatic and semi-automatic firing systems were invented.

Exactly. Given what's happened just this week alone, gun control should be the major topic talked about. Should we disregard it and let tragedies like this continue, or should we take a stand and do something about it now so we don't have to go through tragedies like this again. The answer seems obvious to me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - People who say posting about it now is inappropriate? I'm not standing outside the school with a gun reform sign while crying mothers walk past me. This is an online forum. Saying "I send my prayers" in this thread instead does NOTHING for anyone except promulgate more of this societal rubber-necking we do after these things.

I won't participate in this thread any further, but don't get on your podium about people discussing an issue more deeply.

Rit and WW, you guys are wrong. Totally fucking wrong.