• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have to register ANY vehicle. He may get away with it if he only uses it on his property. But ALL vehicles have to be titled, registered, and tagged (exceptions for things like motorbikes, golf carts, tractors, etc.),

you're just wrong on this

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once someone makes the decision, any deterrent is irrelevant. Their mind is made up and they are pretty sure they are going to die.

The only way to make any headway is to stop it before it gets to attack planning stage. That's something I feel like we can apply to any situation.

True 'nuff.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are federal laws restricting certain gun usage, but most gun laws on the sale, prohibition of weapons, conceal/carry laws, etc. are at the state level.

True and this is problematic. My brother in law that moved from NY to S. Carolina was telling me. "It's a lot easier to get a gun down here than in NY". The laws should be more consistent from state to state. Maybe it should be more of a federal issue but I don't see that happening.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with the entire discussion is that side a believes that side b is a bunch of ignorant rednecks that know nothing about the real world and side b thinks that side a is a bunch of elitist snobs that know nothing about the real world

if everybody involved thinks they are talking to someone with the mental capacity of a toddler the discussion will never go anywhere

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once someone makes the decision, any deterrent is irrelevant. Their mind is made up and they are pretty sure they are going to die.

The only way to make any headway is to stop it before it gets to attack planning stage. That's something I feel like we can apply to any situation.

True 'nuff.

^^these^^

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the letter of the law in the Constitution supports your position it's not open to interpretation. If the letter of the law in the Constitution is at odds with your position then it is important to interpret what the founders meant so that it supports your position.

Con Law 101 from the University of Dumbfuckistan

dumbfuckistan.jpg

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I don't think it's really the point anyway.

i'll concede that....i guess i was just playing devils advocate about the car thing

i don't mind the idea of licensing someone to own firearms....but i am vehemently against registering them with the gov't individually

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping the west coast of America will join Canada - Or BC joins Washington state and Oregon to form Cascadia.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with the entire discussion is that side a believes that side b is a bunch of ignorant rednecks that know nothing about the real world and side b thinks that side a is a bunch of elitist snobs that know nothing about the real world

if everybody involved thinks they are talking to someone with the mental capacity of a toddler the discussion will never go anywhere

Close, but I think Side A is more selfish than ignorant or crimson colored in the neck region.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the letter of the law in the Constitution supports your position it's not open to interpretation. If the letter of the law in the Constitution is at odds with your position then it is important to interpret what the founders meant so that it supports your position.

dumbfuckistan.jpg

point proven.....y'all have a nice day

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dumbfuckistan.jpg

Can you change that map to include a little blue dot in Central Ohio?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping the west coast of America will join Canada - Or BC joins Washington state and Oregon to form Cascadia.

as long as they make it more difficult than a 20 minute wait to buy an AR15 in Washington State

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you bringing something into this discussion that isn't relevant?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll concede that....i guess i was just playing devils advocate about the car thing

i don't mind the idea of licensing someone to own firearms....but i am vehemently against registering them with the gov't individually

I understand your point in the sense that legal application to public and private behavior are different. But since a gun can always be brought into public use and/or is made for the purpose of killing things (unlike a car which has many practical purposes), the regulation would be different anyway. And yet we have LESS regulation of guns.