• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping the west coast of America will join Canada - Or BC joins Washington state and Oregon to form Cascadia.

If we promise to give Cleveland to Pennsylvania, can Ohio become southern Ontario?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the letter of the law in the Constitution supports your position it's not open to interpretation. If the letter of the law in the Constitution is at odds with your position then it is important to interpret what the founders meant so that it supports your position.

Con Law 101 from the University of Dumbfuckistan

dumbfuckistan.jpg

C'mon dude. Not necessary. We have a perfecly useless forum for stuff like that. Here's a link.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh:

/Never been to Cleveland, don't they have a world famous clinic there? And the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame?

Cleveland Clinic - it's like 78% of the economy there. The other 22% is Lebron James residuals.

I kid, Cleveland is a pretty nice town. I miss Cleveland rents, that's for sure.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon dude. Not necessary. We have a perfecly useless forum for stuff like that. Here's a link.

You can call it silly if you want, but I just witnessed the very discussion of the 2nd amendment on the previous page.

Supports it = Don't interpret it.
Doesn't support = Let me tell you what they meant.

Ignoring the divide is not the sole way to solutions, and I'm through with being polite on this topic.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about guns and our youth. I realize this horrific incident was done by someone with a mental problem so my question probably has nothing to do with it.

However, do video games play a role in how our youth view guns? I remember how violent Mortal Kombat was. Games like Call to Duty are all about war & killing people. I realize parents have to play a role in teaching kids the proper use of guns, but I think it can be very easy for kids to see a gun as a toy after all the killing they do playing their video games.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about guns and our youth. I realize this horrific incident was done by someone with a mental problem so my question probably has nothing to do with it.

However, do video games play a role in how our youth view guns? I remember how violent Mortal Kombat was. Games like Call to Duty are all about war & killing people. I realize parents have to play a role in teaching kids the proper use of guns, but I think it can be very easy for kids to see a gun as a toy after all the killing they do playing their video games.

Responsible gun owners see them as toys, even they have a full understanding and respect for how dangerous they are and go to great lengths to use them safely. So why should kids see them any differently in real life, regardless of first person shooter games?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have an existing mental health problem ... playing hard core violent video games cant help

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call it silly if you want, but I just witnessed the very discussion of the 2nd amendment on the previous page.

Supports it = Don't interpret it.
Doesn't support = Let me tell you what they meant.

Ignoring the divide is not the sole way to solutions, and I'm through with being polite on this topic.

No one is even talking about "interpretation of the Constitution" until you injected it. We're talking about policy and regulation.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think video games or entertainment have anything to do with it. Columbine happened long before Call of Duty, GTA, etc. How many people play these games and don't go on shooting rampages? If anything these could be a way to relieve stress and minimize these types of situations. This seems like one of those convenient excuses the media uses.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is even talking about "interpretation of the Constitution" until you injected it. We're talking about policy and regulation.

guess i did when i asked whether the weapon of choice at time of constitutional writing was the musket :noidea:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Responsible gun owners see them as toys, even they have a full understanding and respect for how dangerous they are and go to great lengths to use them safely. So why should kids see them any differently in real life, regardless of first person shooter games?

Many kids won't have access to guns. They play video games all the time in which all they do is kill people. So to them it might be just a toy. I doubt many people who use guns to hunt or at a shooting range view them as a toy in any way shape or form. They probably have a great deal of respect for their weapons because they know exactly what kind of damage a bullet coming from them can do.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping the west coast of America will join Canada - Or BC joins Washington state and Oregon to form Cascadia.

WTF would the rules be for the Seattle Seahawks VS The BC lions game? 3.5 downs? 52.5 yard line would be centre field?. What would the league be called CFLNFLWEST?

dash you're opening up a huge can of worms here.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think video games or entertainment have anything to do with it. Columbine happened long before Call of Duty, GTA, etc. How many people play these games and don't go on shooting rampages? If anything these could be a way to relieve stress and minimize these types of situations. This seems like one of those convenient excuses the media uses.

I'm not using it as an excuse. I'm simply asking a question. Thanks for the response.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF would the rules be for the Seattle Seahawks VS The BC lions game? 3.5 downs? 52.5 yard line would be centre field?. What would the league be called CFLNFLWEST?

dash you're opening up a huge can of worms here.

Boss, Bellingham gas in garbage bags and milk without reproach would be a good start :)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not using it as an excuse. I'm simply asking a question. Thanks for the response.

its worth the question ... i mentioned it not helping those with mental health issues ... but Ill extend it to those kids with isolation and emotional issues who can get drawn into that "world" and make it their sole passion in life

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many kids won't have access to guns. They play video games all the time in which all they do is kill people. So to them it might be just a toy. I doubt many people who use guns to hunt or at a shooting range view them as a toy in any way shape or form. They probably have a great deal of respect for their weapons because they know exactly what kind of damage a bullet coming from them can do.

njyqy.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure the Columbine kids were big players of the game Doom. I don't think video games are the reason (you could say movies as well), but I do think they contribute to that distance from reality.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to move to Cascadia, if that ever happens.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, Bellingham gas in garbage bags and milk without reproach would be a good start :)

Well we are Vancouver 70's cousin can we join too. Even Don Cherry said Buffalo is like a part of Canada because of our love for hockey and Grapes is NEVER wrong.