• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard briefly the mother of the killer wanted to move to Washington State with the killer and start a new life

/everybody loves Cascadia!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, STFU Canadian

Second, research the Pearl River, MS school shooting. Although, you can't really call it that. Why?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

The last 300~ posts. Are they worth reading or can someone sum them up for me. When I left the conversation was pretty damn enlightening on all sides.

For the most part, pretty enlightening/reasonable. We've been talking about regulating guns like cars. Go back about 3 pages or so and make sure to skip all my posts so you can bypass the really stupid stuff.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, pretty enlightening/reasonable. We've been talking about regulating guns like cars. Go back about 3 pages or so and make sure to skip all my posts so you can bypass the really stupid stuff.

lol - I threw in some gas and milk posts that you can skip over as well.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute.....was i included in this "enlightening/reasonable" category?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many kids won't have access to guns. They play video games all the time in which all they do is kill people. So to them it might be just a toy. I doubt many people who use guns to hunt or at a shooting range view them as a toy in any way shape or form. They probably have a great deal of respect for their weapons because they know exactly what kind of damage a bullet coming from them can do.

I don't think CoD or any other violent video "game" has anything to do with the causation of kids shooting up schools (or whatever other locations). However, I do think there is a correlation to video games/movies/tv in general. If kids don't go outside and play with other kids, get some sun, activity and build friendships with others.....isolation and loneliness can set in. If their parents don't urge them to do other constructive things and force them to interact with others to learn societal "norms" from their peers, I think bad things can happen. Then you add in an unfulfilling home life/awol parents and that's just a recipe for disaster.

I remember when I was younger and Genesis and Super Nintendo came out that I was allowed 1 hour of video games. After video games, I had to go out and play outside for an hour or two as well. Sure I hated it at first and I wanted to play video games, but then a game of tennis ball-street hockey, nerf football or wiffle ball started up and all was quickly forgotten about video games.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think CoD or any other violent video "game" has anything to do with the causation of kids shooting up schools (or whatever other locations). However, I do think there is a correlation to video games/movies/tv in general. If kids don't go outside and play with other kids, get some sun, activity and build friendships with others.....isolation and loneliness can set in. If their parents don't urge them to do other constructive things and force them to interact with others to learn societal "norms" from their peers, I think bad things can happen. Then you add in an unfulfilling home life/awol parents and that's just a recipe for disaster.

I remember when I was younger and Genesis and Super Nintendo came out that I was allowed 1 hour of video games. After video games, I had to go out and play outside for an hour or two as well. Sure I hated it at first and I wanted to play video games, but then a game of tennis ball-street hockey, nerf football or wiffle ball started up and all was quickly forgotten about video games.

:rep: Excellent post filled with ideas I wish I'd thought of/expressed. On a related note, I'm playing Call of Duty right now. No work today!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, STFU Canadian

Fordman, I usually enjoy reading your posts, but the above, really? I've seen you and a bunch of others continuously make fun of Canada (see Amburger of Love).....they can't do the same to us now??? The second part of your post was a good one.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep

when kid is in that emotional mental state and becomes passionate about violent video games, i can see him/her becoming a dispassionate human being

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rep: Excellent post filled with ideas I wish I'd thought of/expressed. On a related note, I'm playing Call of Duty right now. No work today!

Nice! I wish I could, but I can't complain, I'll have next Monday - Wednesday off to get my Black Ops II fix.....then I'll have to force myself to go out and play for 2 hours ;)

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many kids won't have access to guns. They play video games all the time in which all they do is kill people. So to them it might be just a toy. I doubt many people who use guns to hunt or at a shooting range view them as a toy in any way shape or form. They probably have a great deal of respect for their weapons because they know exactly what kind of damage a bullet coming from them can do.

Recreation. It's a toy. Just like a gadget-head getting something from the Sharper Image is buying a toy.

Respect for the danger or not, use them responsibly or not, they are against assault weapon restrictions because they don't want to lose their toys.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction, it WAS enlightening and reasonable...

Yup, right up until someone's entire post was ":L Texas". It stopped being enlightened right then.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this is a post most deserving of rep, but instead have some :pizza: filo

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, I usually enjoy reading your posts, but the above, really? I've seen you and a bunch of others continuously make fun of Canada (see Amburger of Love).....they can't do the same to us now??? The second part of your post was a good one.

When a dumbass casts a stone at an entire state, I'm going to reply in kind. I've never made fun of Canada seriously except when one of their residents is chiding the US citizens for our policies. I don't bother telling them their healthcare system sucks or any of their other issues, but they are the first to start talking shit anytime anything happens here.