• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this guy one of those "Goth" people? I am too lazy to Google and read about them and know very little (other than I guess they all wear black). Is that like a religion or cult ? Does anyone here know a "Goth" person?

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline should read "Blood on our hands for sensationalizing and naming the killers more than the victims." A bit long but doable.

imagine if there were legislation introduced that wouldn't allow national media to broadcast more than 20 minutes per day on an individual story.........they would all go nuts screaming about the first amendment

all the while not seeing the irony

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this guy one of those "Goth" people? I am too lazy to Google and read about them and know very little (other than I guess they all wear black). Is that like a religion or cult ? Does anyone here know a "Goth" person?

:L

just a high school clique

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should treat mass killings the same way they treat suicides ... they rarely report those ... with all the carnage involved ... its hard ... but the youtube clip i posted twice in this thread said it all ... they have to minimize the story as much as possible on a national level , however hard that is

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine if there were legislation introduced that wouldn't allow national media to broadcast more than 20 minutes per day on an individual story.........they would all go nuts screaming about the first amendment

all the while not seeing the irony

I agree, this is a serious problem.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read Peter Mansbridges (cbc) article yesterday on how difficult it is (on the reporters, camermen, media people) to cover stories like these

/then stop covering them

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Like I said I know nothing about them. Now I feel like an ass.

LOL....ITS AIGHT

just another group of teenagers that "express their individuality" by dressing all the same

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read Peter Mansbridges (cbc) article yesterday on how difficult it is (on the reporters, camermen, media people) to cover stories like these

/then stop covering them

apparently while that shit was going down @ my wife's college CNN kept calling the switchboard lady and making her cry

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how I feel about this....

Stop school shootings by letting teachers fire back, say Texas officials

Lawmakers and educators in Texas say the way to guard against school shootings like last Friday's at a Connecticut elementary school is to make sure teachers can shoot back.

While the rampage that left 20 young children and six adults dead in a small Northeastern community has sparked a national debate on gun control, assault weapons and a culture of violence, David Thweatt, superintendent of the 103-student Harrold Independent School District in Wilbarger County, said his teachers are armed and ready to protect their young charges.

“We give our ‘Guardians’ training in addition to the regular Texas conceal-and-carry training,” Thweatt, whose school is about three hours northwest of Dallas, told FoxNews.com. “It mainly entails improving accuracy…You know, as educators, we don’t have to be police officers and learn about Miranda Rights and related procedures. We just have to be accurate.”

The rest of the story.....Stop School Shootings by Letting Teachers Fire Back, Say Texas Officials | Fox News.

Sounds like the wild wild west to me.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a school district outside Seattle is going to start using armed guards

things need to change in a hurry

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We give our ‘Guardians’ training in addition to the regular Texas conceal-and-carry training,”

this is a good thing....the basic CCW class teaches you nothing about self defense and this tells me that they did some pretty good thinking

it also tells me that those teachers are better trained in firearms than quite a few police precincts in this country

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously teachers being armed is a bad idea. We don't know if they have the mindset and the decision making skills needed in a combat type situation. But, would it be the worst thing in the world to have say a retired cop or vet working a security guard type of gig? He doesn't need to be armed to the teeth but somebody that can handle themselves and knows the deal, throw them on the payroll for whatever, $20K per year. I dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously teachers being armed is a bad idea. We don't know if they have the mindset and the decision making skills needed in a combat type situation. But, would it be the worst thing in the world to have say a retired cop or vet working a security guard type of gig? He doesn't need to be armed to the teeth but somebody that can handle themselves and knows the deal, throw them on the payroll for whatever, $20K per year. I dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

obviously?

i'd be against arming teachers.....but if a teacher has a CCW and chooses to utilize that permission in the classroom...i wouldn't argue with that

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just make sure hes not the "get off my lawn you pesky kids" type or the "hi there little girl, whats your name" type